GlockTalk Forum banner

181 - 200 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I purchased an OEM non-threaded barrel through Glockmeister. They're currently out of stock. I think I got the last one. And, unfortunately, they don't have a notification system. However, you might want to check back from time to time if you're not after the Midwest Gun Works military discount. I purchased a pair of trigger mechanism housings with ejectors through Glockmeister as well.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Glockmeister is another good place for OEM parts. They usually a little bit higher than MGW (without MIL/LE discount). The majority of my G44 parts came from both companies.

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Just went on Glocks website and didn't see a 44X. Something new from them?

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Oh, so it's a 'Glock 44' with a Nelson 44X aluminum slide, not a 'Glock 44X'. Got it.

Reactions: CBTENGR

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Oh, so it's a 'Glock 44' with a Nelson 44X aluminum slide, not a 'Glock 44X'. Got it.
Technically, at the moment, it's a "Glock G44 Frame or Glock G19 Gen 5 Frame with a Nelson Precision Manufacturing or BoogeyMan Customs 44X Slide". And there's nothing that precludes aftermarket gen5 compact frames such as the Vuurwapen GEN-X 80% compact frame.

The only things that necessarily / potentially make it a 'Glock 44' are the upper parts, locking block and ejector. And, of course, even these parts need not be OEM.

I think the point you're trying to make is "Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X Slide" would've been a better subject. But where's the fun in that? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
All this for a .22? Of course I did know a guy that spent thousands to supercharge a Volkswagen. Have fun Guy's, but and AA kit for the G21 and a Kadet Kit for the CZ 75 frame did the same thing for me and these are stock:
IMG_3715 (2).JPG

·
Registered
686 Posts
All this for a .22? Of course I did know a guy that spent thousands to supercharge a Volkswagen. Have fun Guy's, but and AA kit for the G21 and a Kadet Kit for the CZ 75 frame did the same thing for me and these are stock: View attachment 841930
My stock Glock G44 and stock Ruger Mk II work just fine.

All of us that are getting the Nelson 44X slide are no different than people that send out their OEM centerfire slides for a RMR cut or buy aftermarket slides for their centerfire pistols. If putting a RMR slide on a 22 pistol is not your cup of tea then don't do it. To each their own. No need to look down or make comments to the ones that do want to have a RMR slide for their 22 pistols

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
All this for a .22? <snip> Have fun Guy's, ...
That's exactly what I'm doing ... having fun. Personally, I really enjoy this stuff. And it costs less than a case of 9 mm range ammo.

The only reason you'd ever buy a Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slide is to add an MRDS (with a Trijicon RMR footprint) to a .22 LR slide on a G44 or G19.5 frame. An Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion kit isn't really a fair comparison unless you're willing to pay JagerWerks $200 to mill it (which at least two people have done).

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Technically, at the moment, it's a "Glock G44 Frame or Glock G19 Gen 5 Frame with a Nelson Precision Manufacturing or BoogeyMan Customs 44X Slide". And there's nothing that precludes aftermarket gen5 compact frames such as the Vuurwapen GEN-X 80% compact frame.

The only things that necessarily / potentially make it a 'Glock 44' are the upper parts, locking block and ejector. And, of course, even these parts need not be OEM.

I think the point you're trying to make is "Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X Slide" would've been a better subject. But where's the fun in that? ;)
Aftermarket frame and Nelson slide...not really a Glock at all, then. :cool:

Like the story of grandfathers axe...had to change out the head and handle a few times, but everytime I use his old axe it sure brings back memories...

If you change it enough, it ceases to be what it was. That's all I'm sayin'. Carry on.

·
Registered
686 Posts

Like the story of grandfathers axe...had to change out the head and handle a few times, but everytime I use his old axe it sure brings back memories...

If you change it enough, it ceases to be what it was. That's all I'm sayin'. Carry on.
All of the 80% Polymer 80 pistols I have build are that way. No they are not Glocks but they do use Glock parts and work exactly like them too. And since I have built a few 80% pistols, that is why I am interested in the Vuurwapen Gen X 80% frame. Plus with the Gen X or even a G19.5 frame, you can always switch two parts on the lower and then use a centerfire slide. You unfortunately can not do that with the OEM G44 frame.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts

As Doc said aftermarket pistol, not a Glock.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
If you Google "glock slides", a vast majority of the results are not manufactured by Glock. The Nelson Precision 44X slide is definitely a "Glock Slide". However, I think it's a disservice to refer to it as a "Glock 44 Slide". The OEM G44 slide was over-engineered with rather significant drawbacks and only a marginal improvement in reliability. The Nelson Precision 44X slide is compatible with frames other than the OEM G44 frame. Someone once said the Nelson Precision 44X slide is what the OEM G44 slide should've been. The 44X slide has that "X factor" ... it uniquely (and directly) accepts an MRDS with a Trijicon RMR footprint. I'll stand by the subject of my thread. And more importantly, this is all about having fun. This ain't the Kung Flu, race riots or the presidential election. This is the part of life in which we're supposed to have fun. If you don't think an aftermarket slide can be a "Glock Slide", so be it. If you think it was inappropriate for me to refer to the combination of a compact frame (OEM Glock or aftermarket) with a Nelson Precision 44X slide as a "Glock 44X" or "G44X", well ... carry on.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
A Friend once explained that he just loved his new .45 Semi Automatic. He told me he changed the barrel, put new sights on it, had a new trigger and hammer installed, and bought after market magazines and new grips. I asked "What in Hell did you buy it for?

·
Registered
686 Posts
As Doc said aftermarket pistol, not a Glock.
And I never claimed that any of my 80% Polymer 80 frames that I built were Glocks. Now an aftermarket slide on my OEM Glock G44 is still a G44 since all the internal slide parts are OEM Glock parts along with the frame and all it's parts. Now If I build a Vuurwapen 80% frame then no it is not a Glock.

Is what we are doing as far as changing out slides on our G44 pistols for everyone, no it isn't. But Like I said before, it's no different then the guys sending their OEM Glock slides out to be cur for a RMR or replacing the OEM slide with an aftermarket RMR slide. And no different than the guys that buy the Advantage Arms conversion kit and then send it out for a RMR cut either.

To each their own. I could never understand why some people have to ask why or look down on others that want to customize anything that they own. And it just isn't here on this forum or even firearm specific. If you want to leave your pistols stock, then by all means leave them stock. If others want to customize their pistols, let them. No need for negativity either way.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Update: Nelson Precision Manufacturing is on the second to last operation on the pre-ordered 44X slides. And, they should receive the springs for the adjustable recoil spring assemblies today.

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Update: Nelson Precision Manufacturing is on the second to last operation on the pre-ordered 44X slides. And, they should receive the springs for the adjustable recoil spring assemblies today.
I have to ask: Do you work for Nelson Precision, or getting paid to promote?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I have to ask: Do you work for Nelson Precision, or getting paid to promote?
Fair question. I had this disclaimer buried in the FAQ. I've since percolated it to the very top of the thread ...

Disclaimer: The author of this thread is not affiliated with Nelson Precision Manufacturing nor BoogeyMan Customs. He is not receiving any form of compensation for maintaining this thread and is committed to preserving an unbiased opinion of the 44X slide.

I pre-ordered (at the Labor Day introductory price of $195 + $8 shipping) a 44X slide with manufacturing information marking and I pre-ordered the very first 44X Voodoo slide (at the full price of $269 despite knowing a 15% Labor Day coupon code would drop shortly thereafter).

I mailed Jeremy a pair of ProMag 18-round magazines (he gave one to Terry at BoogeyMan Customs ... they're located in the same facility in Tucson) and a Tapco chamber flag (to test the 44X slide with the old and new extractor ... although I'm not sure the G44 issue was specific to the Tapco chamber flag).

So, no. I don't work for Nelson Precision Manufacturing nor BoogeyMan Customs. I haven't received (nor do I expect to receive) any form of compensation, discounts, complimentary products, ...

I raised the potential issue of the G44 extractor redesign with Jeremy in early August. I've tried to highlight concerns with potential wear given the 44X slides don't seem to have incorporated any preventative measures commonly found in other .22 LR pistols with aluminum slides. I've tried to highlight concerns with the weight of the 44X slides and the fact the 44X slide (at least the first working version) won't function properly with standard-velocity ammo.

I've tried to remain unbiased given what little information I have. Obviously, I want the Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slide to succeed. I wouldn't have bought a G44 without the potential for an RMR-cut slide.

·
Registered
183 Posts
FYI, I just got notified the Nelson has the adjustable recoil spring assembly available for pre-order and I ordered one. They will ship with the slides. The slides are almost finished and ready to go to platers. Suppressor height sights are almost ready but not quite yet. Now if I could just find a standard length G44 barrel in stock.....

181 - 200 of 654 Posts