GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer: The author of this thread is not affiliated with Nelson Precision Manufacturing (NPM) nor BoogeyMan Customs (BMC). He is not receiving any form of compensation for maintaining this thread and is committed to preserving an unbiased opinion of the 44X slides.

Glock 44X = Glock 44 Frame + NPM 44X Slide ¹
or

Glock 44X = Glock 19.5 Frame ² + NPM 44X Slide ¹
(.22 LR Conversion)

¹ or BMC 44X Voodoo Slide.
² with Glock 44 (Polymer) Locking Block (part no. 39838) or NPM (Aluminum) Glock 44 Locking Block (SKU G44LB). Refer to "Glock 44X Frames".

Note: The term “44X.1” is being used to refer to the NPM and BMC 44X slides pre-ordered starting on Labor Day 2020.

Table of Contents

Links to Other Posts in This Thread
FAQ
Content in This Post
Product Description​
Related Reviews / Articles​
OEM Glock 44 / 44X Upper Parts​
Related GlockTalk Threads​

(BMC 44X Voodoo Slide)

Nelson Precision Manufacturing (NPM) 44X Slides

NPM is now shipping the long-awaited aftermarket aluminum "44X" replacement slide for the Glock 44,

All NPM and BMC 44X slides feature,
  • Military-Specification MIL-A-8625 Type III Black Anodized 7075 Aluminum Slide *
  • Aluminum Blackout Front & Rear Sights
  • Military-Specification MIL-A-8625 Type II Black Anodized RMR Cover Plate & Hardware
  • Gold Anodized Aluminum Rear Slide Cover Plate
  • Compatibility with Old & New G44 Extractor
* The 44X.1 slides were cerakoted over MIL-A-8625 type III black anodizing.

NPM recommends the use of high quality, high velocity ammunition for optimum performance.

Note: Glock 44 slide internals (e.g., extractor, extractor depressor plunger & spring assembly, firing pin assembly, firing pin safety / spring, ...) are not included.

The NPM 44X slide is offered with FOUR slide cut options,

44X OEM Style Slide​
44X-Carry​
44X Angled Front & Rear Serrations​
44X EDC​
The NPM 44X slides feature,
  • Trijicon RMR Optic Cut *
* The NPM 44X slides only accept the Trijicon RMR and SRO.

(NPM 44X with Manufacturing Information Marking Slide)

(NPM 44X-Carry Slide)

(NPM 44X-Carry Slide)

(NPM 44X Angled Front and Rear Serrations Slide)

(NPM 44X EDC)

BoogeyMan Customs (BMC) 44X Voodoo Slide
BMC is offering the 44X Voodoo slide,

In addition to the base 44X slide features, the 44X Voodoo slide features,
  • BMC Voodoo Slide Cut
  • Trijicon RMR Optic Cut *
* The BMC 44X Voodoo slide also accepts the Holosun 507 and 508 family of optics.

(BMC 44X Voodoo Slide)

Related Reviews / Articles

OEM Glock 44 / 44X Upper Parts

Related GlockTalk Threads

Check out the Glock 44 Magazines thread for information regarding off-the-shelf 15+round magazines, magazine conversions (including magazine extensions, cut-down followers and replacement springs) and magazine loaders.

·
Registered
678 Posts
AS much as I have been wanting one of their slide, I am just a little leery about paying for it and having to wait almost 2 full months before it ships. I'm not saying anything and about Nelson Precision, I've never done business with them. But a lot of people have been burned by other companies taking their money and never producing the purchased product.

Just one example lately is 80% Arms and their GTS-9 80% frames.

·
Registered
19,900 Posts
It's like what the OEM Glock 44 slide should've been from day one. Why would Glock sell a Glock 19 trainer than can't be setup exactly like a Glock 19?
That was my thought. It'll solve the optic dilemma

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who has been "long awaiting"? For this? Certainly not me, I love my G44 just the way it is. :)
A lot of us view the Glock 44 as a Glock 19 trainer. However, we understand that in order to take full advantage of a Glock 44 as a Glock 19 trainer, it needs to be set up exactly like our Glock 19. This includes a 15-round magazine, Trijicon RMR, suppressor-height sights, weaponlight, ... We now have 15-round Glock 44 magazines. The Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slide allows us to run a Trijicon RMR.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
We now have 15-round Glock 44 magazines. The Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slide allows us to run a Trijicon RMR.
Will the round be powerful enough to carry the combined mass?

Reactions: Paul53 and SARDG

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Will the round be powerful enough to carry the combined mass?
Well, it depends on what "round" you're talking about.

I ordered a Nelson Precision Manufacturing "44X With Manufacturing Info. Marking" slide and a BoogeyMan Customs Voodoo 44X slide. I was the first person to order the Voodoo slide. I failed to receive the 15% off Labor Day discount. I knew the coupon code was coming. I just couldn't wait. Doh!

Here's my understanding ...

The 44X slide with a 1.2 oz Trijicon RMR will weigh less than an OEM Glock 44 hybrid steel-plastic slide (without an RMR). The BoogeyMan Customs Voodoo-cut 44X slide will weigh even less.

*ETA* This would appear to be fake news. Please refer to the FAQ for the latest information regarding the weight of the 44X slides.

The 44X slide (with a Trijicon RMR) is more reliable with high-velocity ammo (e.g., CCI Mini-mag MPN 0030). The more lightweight BoogeyMan Customs Voodoo-cut 44X slide runs standard velocity well.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't be disingenuous, you can see the other ones.
I'm not being "disingenuous" (I had to Google that one). Please note ... the BoogeyMan Customs slide cuts actually reduce the weight of the slide and make it more reliable (i.e., it accepts a broader range of ammo). Trust me ... I'm not a Gucci / Transformer kind of guy. The only "cuts" I've ever made to my Glock 19's are to accept a Trijicon RMR (JagerWerks). As I've said, I ordered a Nelson Precision Manufacturing "44X With Manufacturing Info. Marking" 44X slide and a BoogeyMan Customs Voodoo 44X slide. Once I have them in hand, I'll certainly report on how the Transformer-looking Voodoo slide performs as compared to the "base" Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X slide.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Definitions
Glock Slide
/ɡlɒk slīd/
noun
1. A pistol slide manufactured by Glock Ges.m.b.H.
2. A pistol slide (regardless of manufacturer) compatible with a Glock Frame.

Glock Frame
/ɡlɒk frām/
noun
1. A pistol frame manufactured by Glock Ges.m.b.H.
2. A pistol frame (regardless of manufacturer) compatible with a Glock Slide.

Glock
/ɡlɒk/
noun
1. An Austrian corporation (Glock Ges.m.b.H), known for its fine pistols.
2. Gaston Glock, the founder and president of Glock Ges.m.b.H.
3. A pistol with a Glock Slide and Glock Frame.

44X Slide
/44X slīd/
noun
1. A Glock Slide manufactured by Nelson Precision Manufacturing or BoogeyMan Customs.
44X.1 Slide
/44X.1 slīd/
noun
1. A 44X Slide pre-ordered starting on Labor Day 2020.

Glock 44X (or G44X)

/ɡlɒk 44X/
noun
1. A pistol with a 44X Slide and a Glock Frame.

Acronyms

BMC - BoogeyMan Customs
NPM - Nelson Precision Manufacturing

·
Registered
251 Posts
The 44X slide (with a Trijicon RMR) is more reliable with high-velocity ammo (e.g., CCI Mini-mag MPN 0030). The more lightweight BoogeyMan Customs Voodoo-cut 44X slide runs standard velocity well.
That Voodoo cut certainly helps the weight questions with those side cut outs. Should certainly add to the market for custom .22 competition pistols. I don't see it replacing the upper echelon of .22 competition pistols, but it's a more affordable option. Wonder if 22 Plinkster has his pre order in, lol?

Despite the fashion police ITT, I'm a fan of slide milling and customization. Sometimes folks want flavors other than vanilla.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 44X-Carry slide. Now to patiently wait for it. I'll probably go with another Swampfox Kingslayer optic since I already have two of them.

1 - 20 of 650 Posts