Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Glock 44 made in USA out of Illinois gun prison. I got it home where I cleaned it up and oiled it. Now I have to find time to get it to the range.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Shoot a box of good HV through it to break it in. Then whatever you have... mine shoots everything fine SV or HV. Haven’t tried subsonic.
also, load the mags, turn them upside down and take the pressure off with the follower load assist tabs, it will make sure your rounds seat at the correct angle in the mag ... thats the thing that can cause feed issues...

·
Premium Member
6,189 Posts
Shoot a box of good HV through it to break it in. Then whatever you have... mine shoots everything fine SV or HV. Haven’t tried subsonic.
also, load the mags, turn them upside down and take the pressure off with the follower load assist tabs, it will make sure your rounds seat at the correct angle in the mag ... thats the thing that can cause feed issues...
I thought you didn't have to do that thing with the magazine any longer that Glock did a magazine re-design?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just bought mine earlier this year and find I need to do it most of the time when I load mags. Takes 2 seconds after the last round is loaded.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I thought you didn't have to do that thing with the magazine any longer that Glock did a magazine re-design?
I've never heard of a G44 magazine redesign. Would you happen to have a link / reference? Glock redesigned the G44 slide and extractor. That's the only redesign I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
6,189 Posts
I've never heard of a G44 magazine redesign. Would you happen to have a link / reference? Glock redesigned the G44 slide and extractor. That's the only redesign I'm aware of.
I'm sure your right. I don't know where I heard the magazine re-design. I probably mixed iy up with another gun.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Luv my 44 !!!! Even got Pro Mag 18 rd. mags to work well .
Found the secret to make them work is how you load them .

I have 2 of the 18 rd. mags and had all kinds of problems until I learned just how to load them .
I found out that you only pull down the assist buttons barely enough to force a rd. in and let the rds. stack on their own they work well for me . Even when I load 18 rds.

I purchased a 3D loader but had all kinds of problems with it when I first used it . It fits too tight on the mag body , hangs up and won't let the rds. stack as they should .

I sanded the loader body so it slides up and down with out hanging up and it works well if you load the same way as above . If you use the loader to load from the start it lets the first 4 rds. stack wrong .

I load 4 rds. as I stated above , then use the loader to load the rest while only pushing it down enough to keep a little pressure on the rd. you are loading and the 18 rd. mags work great for me .

So well in fact I just ordered 2 more .

·
Registered
Brno 452 .22LR, Ruger 10/22, Ruger SR1911 LW Cdr 9mm, Taurus M669 .357/.38 6" barrel. Six Shotguns
47 Posts
Picking my new one up tomorrow.. really looking forward to shooting it. I tried one my club have, never knew they had one in the club's guns selection. After 50 rounds of CCI MiniMag I was hooked.

The only problem over here is, by your standards, our extremely high prices. This is going to set me back the equivalent of..... $953.00..!!

Reactions: PM720

·
"Old Bill"
2,641 Posts
Picking my new one up tomorrow.. really looking forward to shooting it. I tried one my club have, never knew they had one in the club's guns selection. After 50 rounds of CCI MiniMag I was hooked.

The only problem over here is, by your standards, our extremely high prices. This is going to set me back the equivalent of..... $953.00..!!
Wow! Over here in US you would expect to pay $359-$399 plus local Sales Tax.
Do you still get the amount of ammunition you can buy listed on your firearms certificate?

·
Registered
Brno 452 .22LR, Ruger 10/22, Ruger SR1911 LW Cdr 9mm, Taurus M669 .357/.38 6" barrel. Six Shotguns
47 Posts
Wow! Over here in US you would expect to pay $359-$399 plus local Sales Tax.
Do you still get the amount of ammunition you can buy listed on your firearms certificate?
Yes indeed. I can have (hold) 1000 rounds of .22LR at any one time. However, I can only buy 500 rounds. Similarly, for my 9mm and .357/.38 I can hold 250 of each calibre but only buy 200 rounds of each at any one time. Draconian isn't it, but that's the way of things.

Having said that, when I pick up the G44 that will bring my .22LR 'collection' up to three. Two rifles and the pistol. So I intend applying for a variation to my licence to increase the amount of ammo I can hold to 1500 rounds. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Yes indeed. I can have (hold) 1000 rounds of .22LR at any one time. However, I can only buy 500 rounds. Similarly, for my 9mm and .357/.38 I can hold 250 of each calibre but only buy 200 rounds of each at any one time. Draconian isn't it, but that's the way of things.

Having said that, when I pick up the G44 that will bring my .22LR 'collection' up to three. Two rifles and the pistol. So I intend applying for a variation to my licence to increase the amount of ammo I can hold to 1500 rounds. We'll see what happens.
How do they know how much you have? :unsure: :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do they know how much you have? :unsure: :cool:
They check. Certainly once a year you will have a 'security' check on your home, just to make sure you're not just stacking rifles and stuff against the kitchen wall. They come, check out your inventory of guns against their list, check your ammo, try to tear your gun safe off the wall, have a cup of tea and a cookie and go.

However, whilst they can't just turn up and demand entrance, they can, more or less, call when they want. Now here's another silly 'rule'.. if, for some reason, they asked my wife where I kept the keys to my gun safe, and she told them - I'd loose my licence. But that's not going to happen as it's got a digital lock and she doesn't know the code. Plus I have two other firearms related safes which she doesn't have access to either. She's got her own gun safe.

May sound a bit daft to you, with my gun safe holding 14 guns, but it's simple here. I have a licence for rifles and pistols (Firearms Certificate or FAC) and I have a Shotgun Certificate (SGC). My wife only has a SGC so she can't have access to my gun safe because there are firearms in their she's not licenced for. Go figure..!!

Just need some GLOCK stickers/decals now..!! (hint, hint..) :) (y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
More British firearms silliness.. I just looked at a post and contained in it were some photos of the guys pistols, in a case, and loaded mags.

If you're caught doing that over here you'll end up with no licence. The law here states that it is illegal to carry a loaded magazine in any firearm. In fact you could be jumped on just for having an unloaded mag in a case with a pistol. For example: if you stick an empty mag in a pistol it will be considered to be 'loaded'..

When it comes to firearms legislation over here I'd say that most guys who shoot must, at least, have PhD level knowledge..!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like a lot of malarky to me. Sorry you have to put up with this. The Authorities would have a cow if they looked in my Home. Your Home is your Castle and you need the tools to defend it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like a lot of malarky to me. Sorry you have to put up with this. The Authorities would have a cow if they looked in my Home. Your Home is your Castle and you need the tools to defend it.
Technically.. I can protect my home. With anything except firearms (sort of). Technically my firearms only come out of the gun safe in the following way..

1. Getting cleaned
2. Going to or coming from the range
3. At the the range.

Anything other than the above and they are meant to be locked in the gun safe (ammo likewise)

We don't have your notion of self determination here. You are supposed to let the police protect you. If I had an altercation in my home and police were called, if they found a baseball bat under the bed the first thing they'd aske was "Do you play baseball?". If I say "No" their next question will be "Then why do you have the bat?".

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe you should move to the USA . I would bet you would probably be able to bring your guns with you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts