Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I have a Gen 3 20 frame with an AA conversion kit. It is extremely reliable with any ammo and accurate

It’s fun to shoot, too.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I've had a AA conversion kit for my G19.3 for at least 10 years...
and I bought a G44 several months ago. That might tell you something.
Specifically, the AA conversion is less reliable and the slide is slightly thicker so it sticks in my G19 holsters.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I haven't tried the AA conversion kits yet.

I can say that I have 7,000 trouble free rounds through my G44 though. I do stick with quality copper plated ammo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a AA conversion on a dedicated full sized lower with 1000s of rounds through it. It will only feed Remington golden bullets (which AA recommends). It runs well when clean and well lubricated.

I also have a Glock 44 which has not jammed in around 1k of mostly CCI mini mags.

I shoot both in steel challenge and suspect the slide returns to battery faster on the Glock 44. I think otherwise the shooting experience is comparable. The Glock 44 is a little easier to clean. The AA slide has a slot for the extractor that is hard to get to. I bought some extra thin pipe cleaners for that purpose.

The Glock 44 magazines are easier to load.

I have had to buy replacement slide parts and magazine springs from AA several times; the cost is reasonable.

if the cost is close, I would get the Glock 44.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I have the 44 and l AA kits for G 19/23 , G 26/27 and G30 .
For just fun shooting I luv the 44 . Many trouble free rds. with all the ammo I have tried , even Rem. Thunder Bolts .
For training such as drawing , point shooting, etc. I prefer the AA Kits . Nearer the weight and almost the same feel as my standard Glocks .

·
Registered
940 Posts
A buddy of mine had an AA conversion kit. Very picky on brand of ammo and not reliable. Get the G44: for a little more than $100 more than the kit, you can have a complete gun that is far more reliable.
Mine has the old slide/ejector and it eats everything I feed it (over 2000 rounds so far).

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have both, AA on a G17 Gen 3 and a G44. I like both. Fun shooters. On the AA, just use the recommended ammo. Oh, and I have a Glock OEM threaded barrel on the 44 and a AA threaded barrel for suppressor use on both.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I would be. what are you asking?
Mine's not for sale, but you can check out Nelson Precision Manufacturing and BoogeyMan Customs. I'd also encourage you to check out the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread.

The first-generation (gen1) NPM and BMC 44X slides were pre-ordered on Labor Day and began to ship in mid-November. It was a rocky launch. There were fitment and finish issues. The initial shipments needed to be returned for rework (at NPM's / BMC's expense).

NPM has since reduced the weight of the breech block. The 44X slides currently available for pre-order (gen2) will incorporate the lighter breech block. NPM is currently evaluating how to get the lighter breech block to the Labor Day pre-order customers.

You'd need to decide whether to pursue gen2 or wait and see how gen2 pans out.

Just another option if you're looking for a .22 LR G19.5 trainer with an MRDS (compatible with the Trijicon RMR footprint).

·
Private side
13,332 Posts
I have a G44; I use the factory mags and I shoot whatever .22lr I can grab. Other than dead rounds, the only problem I’ve had was when I didn’t make sure the first round up was angled correctly. Taking my time loading mags has prevented this since.

I also have a Tactical Solutions Conversion kit for a G17 frame. It hasn’t been finicky with ammo and the only issue I have with it is that the magazine sticks out from the magazine well. Function problem? No. Niggling issue? Yes.

I’ve also owned the AA kit. It was the version with stock sights and was ammo sensitive. I had good luck with Remington GB bulk stuff. The unit felt ”light” and that is the reason I went with the TacSol kit.

I also had the Ciener kit. It was a bit heavier than the others and the magazine was a metal sleeve around a single stack mag if I recall correctly.I didn’t like the sights either. It was reliable with most ammunition.

To answer your question, I prefer the full length grip of a 17 over the compact grip on the 19 for practicing from my duty holster but the 44 is fun to shoot and I use it a lot as a “starter” gun when folks want to “shoot a gun”.
Your selections are about the same price if you build a dedicated gun or buy a 44. Buying a conversion kit and changing slides is a cheaper route.

Reactions: PM720

·
JABRONI AUTIST
8,442 Posts
Shot my G44 today for the first time, ran flawless even with a can. Had a Buckmark and have a Ruger MkIV Target, they're bigger and maybe a tad easier to shoot due to weight but the G44 holds its own.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.