GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run 1100 rounds thru this pistol with no failures. I do clean the gun prior to each visit to the range. In addition I use exclusively CCI mini mags 22 lr copper plated round nose 40 Grain-got a wild hair and also also installed red dot sight using the "Outerimpact" adapter mount-will admit that I was concerned that the added weight of approximately 2 oz. would affect the slide cycle. Happy to say that so far after 300 rounds no failures. Count me lucky and happy I would guess. Semper Fi.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Mine has been almost 100% reliable with any ammo I put in it. I am not fastidious about cleaning it, It just seems to run an run. Mine is accurate but its tricky shooting a handgun that the trigger pull is heavier than the gun itself.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have between 4,500 and 5,000 rounds through mine and I don't really clean it all that much, other than a quick wipe down. I stick with 40 grain ammo and haven't had any problems. Mine has been 100% reliable. There are some that have well over 15,000 rounds without even cleaning their G44.

I actually pre-ordered a Nelson Precision 44X aluminum slide with RMR cut for my G44. I should have it in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How doe
I have run 1100 rounds thru this pistol with no failures. I do clean the gun prior to each visit to the range. In addition I use exclusively CCI mini mags 22 lr copper plated round nose 40 Grain-got a wild hair and also also installed red dot sight using the "Outerimpact" adapter mount-will admit that I was concerned that the added weight of approximately 2 oz. would affect the slide cycle. Happy to say that so far after 300 rounds no failures. Count me lucky and happy I would guess. Semper Fi.
How does it mount on the 44?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks I did finally find that info. After getting the trigger pull down under 5 lbs I’m still having issues with those glock sights. This might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I actually pre-ordered a Nelson Precision 44X aluminum slide with RMR cut for my G44. I should have it in the next couple of weeks.
The OP's results bode well for the Nelson Precision / BoogeyMan Customs 44X slides. The BoogeyMan Customs 44X Voodoo slide (with a Trijicon Type 2 RMR) supposedly weighs 1.8 oz more than the OEM G44 slide (without an MRDS).

Glock should ship each G44 with 100 rounds of CCI Mini-mag (MPN 0030) to demonstrate to new owners that it works reliably.

I've encouraged Jeremy Nelson (at Nelson Precision) to publish a very narrow list of recommended ammo for his 44X slides. Most (if not all) of the .22 LR conversions have a recommended ammo list. Most (if not all) include CCI Mini-mag (MPN 0030).

·
Registered
513 Posts
22 pistols can be finicky about what ammo it functions with anyway. When you go adding weight such s a reflex sight to the mix, you can add issues too. And some 22lr pistols just won't run right when the cheapest bulk ammo is used. I too have seen several conversion kits that only recommend using certain types of 22lr ammo for reliability.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The only conversion kit I have is a Colt 22 conversion kit for a 1911. When i use it on my new Colt Series 70 it runs fairly well with just about any ammo. At least till the floating chamber gets gunked up. The Rem. Golden Bullets work the best.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well I purchased two more ProMag magazines which arrived yesterday. I took them to the range today and ran 108 rounds through my G44 It wasn't until the very last magazine, when I decided to do a mag dump, did I have two stove pipes. I think it's safe to say that the two stovepipes can be contributed to doing a mag dump and a bad grip.

I'm over 5,000 trouble free rounds now and that includes a bunch with the ProMag magazines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts