Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
People also swear Glocks shoot low and left to the point where they drift the rear sight almost off the slide to try and compensate for their flinches....

(Also watched the video and at 5 yards that’s really not that impressive of a group).

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
To me true accuracy testing starts at 25 yards and goes out from there. Any junk pistol can shoot good groups at 7-10 yards. While I don’t have anything against the 44 ( or any of the current crop of what I call “combat trainers”- polymer framed handguns designed to mimic centerfire defensive handguns) which certainly serve a purpose, very few have what I would call good accuracy. That is not really their role however. For me a sub 2” 25 yard group would qualify for accurate.
Guns like the Ruger mark series, the older high standards, colt woodsman series, and such are really accurate.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I didn't think mine was that accurate at 1st. But last week I shot a 5 shot hand held group of 2" 25 yards with mine. But, its only the 2nd time Ive shot it pretty well for my 5 shot group at 25 yards. I think if my trigger was a little better I could possibly do better with it. The trigger is just now getting better. Its got 1,270 rounds or so through it now. I really like it a lot. But, my browning buckmark is more accurate in my hands. Its just the 4" bbl. model. And thats amazingly accurate. Completely different platforms though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I believe my Glock is almost as accurate as my Ruger Mark 2. The stiff trigger pull is the reason I say almost. The glock trigger cannot compare with a crisp single action trigger pull. However I have found with concentration the Glock 44 is very accurate.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thats my problem with it too. Those adjustable sights are not as easy to pick up quickly as standard model ( plastic) glock sights for me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
.22LR ammo really does matter. I'll take lose box of junk ammo with me, and then wonder what is going on with me today, then pull out my go to match ammo and POOF problem solved.

Not that the video displays any degree of tested bullseye quality accuracy.

No one is running to the gun shop looking to replace their Ruger MKIII/IV 6 inch barrel competition models for the next NRA Bullseye match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts