Glock 44 failure to feed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RugerFan1911, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Your all a bunch of limp wristing Nancys...

HEXE9, WheelsUp, wlkjr and 4 others like this.
  2. Paul53

Paul53 MAKE HATE WRONG AGAIN!

Browning Buckmark has been flawless. Guess I'll wait to see how things work out with the 44.

ga4boats917 likes this.

3. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Limp wrist a .22? I don’t think so Tim.

4. 4 Paws

4 Paws

I picked up a set of AmeriGlo sights with fiber optic front post. Now I'm thinking of just replacing the front post and simply blacking out the factory rear.

pstmstr and SARDG like this.
  5. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I bought two today with consecutive serial numbers (He had them, I bought them, get over it) I was shooting some federal pink powder coat made for breast cancer awareness. I shot about 60-70 and I did have one get hung up when using the slide release. I shout about 30 federal bulk box rounds with the copper plating on the projectile. They all worked fine. That and I almost pegged the adjustable right to the right, but other than that, I am digging it. Its fun to shoot. Got dark so I had to cut it short. I plan to shoot the bajeezuz out of it over the weekend.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    buster55 and Buckshot Barry like this.
  6. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

The front sight is torking down against polymer so definitely use blue Loctite on the screw and crank it down, then allow the full 24 hours to cure.

7. Wilmersdorfer

Wilmersdorfer

Sorry to hear some folks are having reliability issues with the 44. For me, reliability needs to be as close to 100% as Glock was talking in the press release they had for the gun. I already have a Walther GSP and with the standard 5 round mags it is very close to 100% reliable. Using 10 round P22 mags modified to fit, not so much. For 25m precision he GSP is hard to beat; but for metal plates against the clock, I have a 10 round limit and need a 10 round pistol... I know, get a Ruger MKIV and forget about it, but Glocks are so much fun!

8. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

When the early G44 notes from Glock indicated it would be as reliable as any other gun they make, most knew that their marketing was exaggerating again. Legendary, Perfection, and reliability claims should be taken with an entire salt shaker of salt...

If it matches my Rugers, I will consider that a success. Right now, reports seem to be somewhat short of that mark, but I would still consider what I am seeing a pretty successful firearm launch. Bear in mind that it has to compete with guns like the Ruger, so being "as good as" barely gets them to the mark (pun intended).

It is clearly not nearly as reliable as promised by Glock's marketing, but setting aside unrealistic marketing fluff, it seems to be pretty good. We shall see if it is as good, better, or worse than its peers in the market over time. So far, I have only read of one gun needing to be replaced on this forum, and details on that are sparse.

fasteddie565 likes this.
  9. Copis

Copis

throw a can on it and GT will implode....

10. WadShooter

WadShooter

Maybe the problem began from using the "slide stop" as a "slide release ".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deadduck357 likes this.
  11. CESwartz07

CESwartz07 Sheep Dog

Glock has stated multiple times it can be used to release the slide. Please let this myth die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. WadShooter

WadShooter

Have they stated this specifically in regards to the G44 ?

I wasn't trying to be smart or re-ignight the great slide stop debate.

I only stated this because the OP said his failures were all the first round. No problem with 2-10 , all which were chambered with the slide going all the way back using the full potential of the recoil spring.

Deadduck357 likes this.
  13. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

This ^

14. CESwartz07

CESwartz07 Sheep Dog

Yes, page 13 of the G44 specific owner’s manual states it’s ok.
    [​IMG]

boilergonzo and SARDG like this.
  15. WadShooter

WadShooter

Thank you for pointing it out.

I guess the failure is an act of God and Glock always gets it right...

If we did everything we were told was ok, I guess it would be a perfect world.. but obviously there is an issue and I was just tring to point to a possible source...i.e the strength of the recoil spring to chamber a round from the slide stop captured position......

Have you a conducted this experiment and had no failures.

It seems you are more interested in being right rather than consider someone else's observations or experiences.

16. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Seeing all of the comments on first round issues, and seeing the posts on this forum about the position of the first round (nose up, or nose flat) noted by several (with photos illustrating the issue) would seem to be the likely culprit if I were guessing.

Given that it is first round with a case with a rim, I am not sure what Glock can do to fix this. Follower changes for other calibers would not seem to be the fix for this. It will be interesting to see.

For now, it is like my old MKI Ruger reassembly process. These are guns/mags that you turn upside down for mysterious and bizarre reasons. But if you do it and follow the described method as laid out, it just works better...

17. SFCBush

SFCBush

18. CESwartz07

CESwartz07 Sheep Dog

I think the failure to feed is likely due to the top rounds’ position in the mag.

I don’t follow all the manufacturer recommendations either, but you asked if it was specified to be ok by Glock for the G44, and I provided a fact based answer, that is endorsed by Glock in their manual.

I’ve been using the slide stop to release the slide on Glocks since 2008 when my agency switched to them. Why do you think Glock offers an extended one? And in my own personal testing of my G44, I used the slide stop to release the slide without any first round failure to feeds.

The slide stop issue is a myth, and your opinion based argument is incorrect. I’m sorry that facts hurt your feelings.

I only comment so assertively when I know I’m right, otherwise I mostly read more than I post. Plenty ok to share your personal opinions and observations, but don’t represent them as facts. I’m against the spread of bad information.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    WheelsUp likes this.
  19. WadShooter

WadShooter

Feelings have nothing to do with anything ...I guess reading comments are open to interpretation ... and maybe I miss-read yours... if so I apologize.

Moving on.... I also use the slide stop to chamber a round with my G22 and G20 and have never had any issues or any other issues for that matter.

I was just thinking by using the slide stop, the recoil spring would have less power than if sling-shotted.... possibly moving the slide at a slower speed... allowing the pressure from the mag spring to have time to push the round nose up...

But I've been wrong before...and like you except when for me, it when betting, I only bet when I know I am right or I am going to win...lol

With this issue, we will just have to wait and see.

20. bradleyepb

bradleyepb

I am at 400 flawless rounds with my G44 as of today and just for giggles I tried at the range today using the slide stop to feed the first round and it worked every time. It does feel different when you do that. Not as smooth as when I do so with my other Glocks. Hard to describe but it almost feels like it almost wants to bash the round or something, it feels “clunky”So maybe some guns will have more of an issue with that method. Overall I am super happy I have tried several different brands of ammo and all work and are accurate with CCI having a slight accuracy edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CESwartz07 likes this.