Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Glock and they do not make a 3.5 lb Connector for G44. Anyone make it?

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Called Glock and they do not make a 3.5 lb Connector for G44. Anyone make it?
No one makes a true 3.5# connector for a Glock just slick advertising. I have installed more than 100 connectors of many brands and done 10 trigger pulls with a gauge on every one.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I installed an OEM "-" minus connector and a Ghost reduced striker safety spring in my 44. The trigger pull is a little lighter, and the stack-up wall is gone.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
It's the same connector as all of the other double-stack Glocks. The part number is SP00721.
That's true, but Glock part numbers starting with SP have been obsolete for several years. Now the 4.5-lbf MINUS Connector is just part 721.

The rating of an OEM Connector is that which occurs when the connector is installed in an all-OEM pistol with OEM Firing Pin and Trigger Springs. Although Glock years ago ERRONEOUSLY referred to part 721 as a 3.5-lbf Connector, that was NEVER true. The only way part 721 could produce a 3.5-lbf peak trigger pull is to ALSO decrease the strength of the Firing Pin Spring from OEM 5.5-lbf to about 4.0-lbf AND increase the strength of the coil Trigger Spring from OEM 5.0-lbf to about 6.0-lbf. Glock has never made Firing Pin Springs of lower strength than 5.5-lbf nor coil Trigger Springs of any strength other than 5.0-lbf because of the very real deqradation such changes cause trigger reset and cartridge ignition characteristics. Also, a stronger coil Trigger Spring of the pre-Gen5 type leads to even greater chance of hook failure in Glock's most failure-prone component.

Today, reference to or claims of a "3.5-lbf Connector" are made ONLY by dishonest aftermarket hucksters to their very gullible markets, or by uninformed users who are either slow learners or value the "status" like some sort of 12-inch talleywhacker. :)
That's too bad. Seems like someone should design it
The manner in which the Glock firing mechanism works would produce a very long and creepy final stage of trigger pull if a true 3.5-lbf Connector were installed.

Dainty delicate low-weight trigger pull is OK for pure RANGE TOYS like a G44, but it's completely inappropriate for a pistol that serves as a WEAPON.

Reactions: 58sniper

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
That's true, but Glock part numbers starting with SP have been obsolete for several years. Now the 4.5-lbf MINUS Connector is just part 721.

The rating of an OEM Connector is that which occurs when the connector is installed in an all-OEM pistol with OEM Firing Pin and Trigger Springs. Although Glock years ago ERRONEOUSLY referred to part 721 as a 3.5-lbf Connector, that was NEVER true. The only way part 721 could produce a 3.5-lbf peak trigger pull is to ALSO decrease the strength of the Firing Pin Spring from OEM 5.5-lbf to about 4.0-lbf AND increase the strength of the coil Trigger Spring from OEM 5.0-lbf to about 6.0-lbf. Glock has never made Firing Pin Springs of lower strength than 5.5-lbf nor coil Trigger Springs of any strength other than 5.0-lbf because of the very real deqradation such changes cause trigger reset and cartridge ignition characteristics. Also, a stronger coil Trigger Spring of the pre-Gen5 type leads to even greater chance of hook failure in Glock's most failure-prone component.

Today, reference to or claims of a "3.5-lbf Connector" are made ONLY by dishonest aftermarket hucksters to their very gullible markets, or by uninformed users who are either slow learners or value the "status" like some sort of 12-inch talleywhacker. :)

The manner in which the Glock firing mechanism works would produce a very long and creepy final stage of trigger pull if a true 3.5-lbf Connector were installed.

Dainty delicate low-weight trigger pull is OK for pure RANGE TOYS like a G44, but it's completely inappropriate for a pistol that serves as a WEAPON.
Amen - it's somewhat theorized that Glock had them marked as 3.5lb connectors in the very early days was due to an incorrect metric conversion calculation. I've done a bunch of testing with connectors. Using a STOCK Gen 4 G19 with ZERO rounds through it, I got the current minus connector at 4.08lb. Of the 8 different connectors I tried, it was the lowest weight. I used an original "3.5" connector out of a Gen 1 G17L and it averaged 4.57lb. Even with the Ghost 3.5 (GHO_2105-B-O), I averaged 4.568lb. Measurements are the average over 10 trigger pulls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts