Glock 44 - 18 round mags

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by CMG, Aug 22, 2020.

1. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Unlike the OEM follower, it's a solid unit (and a B|TCH to get out).

ETA: If I remember correctly, the ProMag magazine will accept the OEM follower, however, the hole in the OEM follower that accepts the OEM load assist tabs doesn't line up with the slot in the ProMag magazine (if that makes sense).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Grim Jeeper likes this.
  2. LOWBOY

LOWBOY

I mention in another post to use a small screw driver inserted thru the spring just below the follower and push down with a finger on each side. Can do this all day long. It looks like you can drill a 1/16th hole through the follower with similar result. This makes loading easier or same as any .22 10 rd mag. Rocket science not needed here. I use the driver through spring method as there is little chance of braking anything.

3. RWT22

RWT22

I ran across someone with a 44 and tried my 22UpLULA for double stack and it worked well on the stock magazine I have not seen one of the 18 rounds. It is not as fast to load as I can with the pull down tabs but it might be nice when putting the last rounds in the 18 if it is as difficult as some people imply. Hope this helps some of you.

4. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

That's interesting! I wonder why Maglula states the 22UpLULA .22LR double-stack magazine loader (UP62B) doesn't work with Glock 44 magazines? Is that the model you have? UP62B?

5. ken grant

ken grant

My UPLULA for .22's does not work with my G44 mags .
    The finger does not go down far enough to put a rd. on top of it .

6. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Specific model?

7. ken grant

ken grant

22UpLULA ! I did finally get it to work but is not easy to load a rd .
    It is very tight to push a rd. under the feed lips and the top of the tab that pushes the follower or a loaded rd. down .

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  8. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

OK. I was thinking maybe there were different 22UpLULA models and that’s why different folks were seeing different results.

I guess I’ll wait for Maglula to come out with a “lula” magazine loader specifically designed for the Glock 44 and ProMag magazines. Hopefully, they can come up with a single magazine loader that supports both.

9. RWT22

RWT22

The round is easier to load in the Glock mag if you insert the rounds rim back a little not all the way from the front. I could not get the round in if I started at the front of the mag opening either.

10. ken grant

ken grant

I really like the mag loader for the 44 I purchased off E- bay . I don't remember who made it .

checkyoursix likes this.
  11. Grim Jeeper

Grim Jeeper

Received my 18 rounders yesterday. No issues loading either to full capacity but I can see where repeated loadings could become tedious. I’ll let them simmer full till next weekend...

12. DrewBone

DrewBone

I've read through this thread and can't believe all the fuss being made over increasing the capacity of a 10 round magazine. From all appearances it seems to be an all out effort by the fanbois to give some legitimacy to the Glock 44...

I find that it's much easier just to buy more magazines then it is to jerk around reengineering what should have been engineered by the manufacturer in the first place, or (insert: logic), I just buy a pistol from a manufacturer who provides their own OEM magazines of a higher than 10 round capacity along with their pistol.

What's next, is ProMag gonna' make a 20 round magazine for a Chauchat so a group of Chauchat fanbois will then use up pages and pages of bandwidth on discussion forums talking about how to increase it's capacity to 25 rounds? Good grief, where does it end...

LOL.

Doc Holliday likes this.