GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Isnt the 43 smaller than the 48? WHen you go for more conceal, wouldnt the 26 also work? Just questions, bc I am looking as well for that right carry conceal gun
I had a 48. Very easy to conceal. I sold it to get a FNS9C (a little bigger than a 26/27). It was a little tougher for the tshirt scenario. But under a button up plaid, no problem. If I could have found a 26 at the time I picked up my FNS, I would have. It is slightly smaller but to me the double stack grip is better (the 48 was tiny in my hands and no grip left for my support hand). But I’m weird. Now i have a hellcat and with a small adjustment to my normal grip it feels great and my support hand is aligned and planted. YMMV.
All that to say, I’d rather have a 26/27 Over a 43x/48. The p10s is also worth a look, but not as much aftermarket/holster support. For now i’m happy with the hellcat but I could add a 26 one day. The 36 is also on my watch list. I like em all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have both, like both and wouldn't part with either.

I did have occasional problems with the P365 not locking back on the last round if my grip was a little sloppy, but when I changed to an XL grip module the problem resolved. Also had some light primer strikes and sent it to Sig. Came back with the problem solved and a bit heavier to rack. I like the option of using 12 or 15-round Cali freedom magazines, but only I prefer the 15-rounders with TD base pads installed, which make inserting a full 15-round magazine a bit easier.

That said, I'm a huge fan of the 43X. It's been completely reliable and its light weight makes it nice to carry.

I do prefer the P365 magazine catch and slide catch, but plan to upgrade those on the 43X.

Bottom line, both are super.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I had two 43x's (one silver and one black) like a dumb dumb I sold them both. I bought a p365 to carry off duty and like you put it on the XL frame. While it's an awesome little gun I never carry it. After shooting Glocks for years I can't get used to the grip angle. I carry my 45 exclusively now and will probably be selling the Sig. 20/20 hindsight? I should have kept the silver 43x and stocked up on magazines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are all similar. The Hellcat has the most traction, to me, of the three. The new glock nDLC finish is tough, but it can be a little slick. But they all three use similar recoil assemblies (i only have knowledge of HC, 365, 43x/48).

The “EZ” family from M&P, VP9 (because of traction ears), the Walther CCP, and Springfield XDE are in the ‘easier’ category for slide manipulation. My wife has issues with a lot of slides (yes, we’ve tried every technique and private instruction) but she had no problems with Sig P320 family for whatever reason. And my bersa 380 is easy for her because she uses the slide-mounted safety-decocker as a way to get some extra traction.
I hear the MP EZ version is great for women

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hear the MP EZ version is great for women
We tried one. I grabbed a performance center model and it was a complete lemon. Sent it in for warranty, same problem of double feeding and jamming up. I was still in the window of return so I took it back to the store. She’s happy with a revolver and can access nightstand safe where I keep a loaded blaster that she knows how to handle. Other than that, she shoots enough to stay proficient and calls it good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup a hard to beat glock on reliablity, I was also looking at the sccy brand, I have heard good things, and they are cheap
We tried one. I grabbed a performance center model and it was a complete lemon. Sent it in for warranty, same problem of double feeding and jamming up. I was still in the window of return so I took it back to the store. She’s happy with a revolver and can access nightstand safe where I keep a loaded blaster that she knows how to handle. Other than that, she shoots enough to stay proficient and calls it good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think some do not understand what a few write as break in for a new pistol.Just go to the range and fire 100-150 rds. and if it works,carry it. FMJ and 1-2-3-mags. of carry ammo for function.Remember some just write because it reads good. The Glock pistol will smooth out with firing,but it does not need all this break in some post about.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Isnt the 43 smaller than the 48? WHen you go for more conceal, wouldnt the 26 also work? Just questions, bc I am looking as well for that right carry conceal gun
the 26 is substantially wider and heavier. While I’ve heard great things about it it’s a stubby pistol for what it does. If I was going to get something that wide it would be a CZ Rami or FN elite SC. However concealing means thinner for me... and lighter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to always want the smallest until I decided to prioritize grip surface, caliber and capacity too. Now I compromise. I can't get a good grip on the smaller Glocks. I can on the 43X and still think it's plenty concealable. Basically, I want guns for each season and every purpose.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
63,399 Posts
The real question is...

Why 48 when you can get a 43X?
Why either when you can get a 43 is concealment matters or a 17 if it doesn't?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Why either when you can get a 43 is concealment matters or a 17 if it doesn't?
I don’t like hanging my pinky. Everyone who gets the 43 or the 365 always talk about get either the 2 round extension or the 12 round magazines... which make the grip right around the 5 in. height. Plus the X still has more round capacity.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I don’t like hanging my pinky. Everyone who gets the 43 or the 365 always talk about get either the 2 round extension or the 12 round magazines... which make the grip right around the 5 in. height. Plus the X still has more round capacity.
There’s a pretty big difference between the G43 at 8+1 and the G48/43X at 10+1.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
There’s a pretty big difference between the G43 at 8+1 and the G48/43X at 10+1.

Yup there is, but it’s still close to the 5 in height. Plus, there’s a trade off for capacity so it’s up to the person who carries it. Just making a point that there’s more options than the 43 (which is closer to pocket sized than a subcompact) or the 17.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts