Glock 43X

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DapperDeeds, Sep 18, 2020.

1. nutsnax

nutsnax

Diamondback AM2

2. DapperDeeds

DapperDeeds

that’s still not a bad price. I was thinking of getting some night sights but realize I don’t plan on being out at night where I would need them. I have my 226 for a HD weapon. As a carry I think fiber optic is better for acquisition and precision. Plus I don’t like the idea of them only lasting 5-8 years and dimming.

OdinIII and SlickCZ85 like this.

3. CBennett

CBennett

Does anyone know between a Glock 43x ,Hellcat and 365 and Shield or PPS which has the easier to rack slide??

4. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

They are all similar. The Hellcat has the most traction, to me, of the three. The new glock nDLC finish is tough, but it can be a little slick. But they all three use similar recoil assemblies (i only have knowledge of HC, 365, 43x/48).

The “EZ” family from M&P, VP9 (because of traction ears), the Walther CCP, and Springfield XDE are in the ‘easier’ category for slide manipulation. My wife has issues with a lot of slides (yes, we’ve tried every technique and private instruction) but she had no problems with Sig P320 family for whatever reason. And my bersa 380 is easy for her because she uses the slide-mounted safety-decocker as a way to get some extra traction.

CBennett likes this.
  5. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Ameriglo does a great job of keeping their prices down and still pumping out great products and the customer service is outstanding. No questions asked, they swapped my factory Bold front for a shorter one. I was consistently hitting low at 10 and 15 yards. They sent me the 180,if I remember correctly, and I was printing right where I wanted.

Their offering with blacked out, no tritium, Unotch in rear and the green/yellow front are some of my favorite sights.

DapperDeeds likes this.
  6. CBennett

CBennett

I was
    thinking that and mostly that after 10K rounds just about the Ruger SR9c is STILL the toughest slide ive ever racked..and getting older I want something that if I start losing grip strength due to age..I can still manipulate.

7. DapperDeeds

DapperDeeds

Between my M2 and Glock 43X the M2 is smoother. It also has more Han 1300 rounds through it and my Glock has 0.

CBennett likes this.
  8. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Consider a revolver or a hammer fired gun. You could insert magazine on empty chamber, manually cock hammer, then manipulate slide to load first round. When you remove the hammer spring from the equation, it makes it a tad easier. But that too could be frustrating for lessening handstrength scenarios.
    I would say go to a LGS and try some, but that wont go well either in this current time.

9. Padre

Padre

Welcome:
    I bought the Ameriglow sights for my 43x and absolutely love them. It forces you to focus on the front sight and, with aging eyes, it sure makes a lot of difference.
    Have been handling firearms for many years and find that the 43x is great in it's role.
    Good luck and stay aware.
    <Padre>

DapperDeeds and SlickCZ85 like this.
  10. beetlejuice9mm

beetlejuice9mm

I bought a 43X about a month ago at GT Distributors for $448 plus tax. Really like the gun. Fits my hand like a glove. I carried a G19 for years. But as I got older, the weight kinda got to me. For me, a 25oz loaded gun was the right weight. So, carried a S&W Shield for a long time. The 43X just fits the size and weight for me. I shot the 43X well and like it. However, my trigger finger did not like the factory trigger shoe. I switched to a Vickers flat face trigger shoe and my finger likes it a lot more than the factory trigger shoe. Did not affect the way I shot it just made my finger fell better.

mongo356 and SlickCZ85 like this.
  11. DapperDeeds

DapperDeeds

I haven’t been able to shoot yet, will probably go Monday. I’d like to feel the trigger before I put on a new one. Anybody know good trigger replacements if I decide to go that way? What does it change? I’ve been dry firing and the break seems pretty hard, still less than my walther though. Is there a mod I can do to help with soften without light primer strikes?

12. CBennett

CBennett

ive already got some its all good.

SlickCZ85 likes this.
  13. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

If this is your first Glock then (from my experience) let me suggest you w) field strip and clean before you go out and 2) put 500 rounds through it before you make any changes.
    Mine felt "gritty" when I first got it but now is smooth. THe only thing I did was get some Flitz polish and did the "25 cent trigger job" (no sanding, just light polishing). I don't mind the stock trigger pull weight since it is consistent and smooth.

DapperDeeds likes this.
  14. DapperDeeds

DapperDeeds

I respect that, I’ve done some polishing before but don’t want to on this one. I’ve heard it can void warranty. Do the different triggers help with the pull at all or do they just make flat triggers with different colors?

15. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

Are you looking for a lighter pull or just smoother? In the meantime, I would say still put 500 though the barrel and then decide.

DapperDeeds likes this.
  16. DapperDeeds

DapperDeeds

I’m hoping for a little lighter pull and softening the break. I know the pull will lighten with rounds through so I’ll go and choot it for a while.

17. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

View: https://youtu.be/q0soIbBuB5E

18. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

97BB2EFA-21D1-4C0D-BB49-DC3EC14267A0.jpeg Get the 365 it’s the same size as a 42 and it holds 10 rounds of 9mm

SusieQ likes this.
  19. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

I can say I have two different Glocks of the same age and # of rounds. One smoothed out on its own. I used the Flitz on the other to improve the feel.

I've seen the video posted by slickcz85. I have also read where it is not recomended that you use the nail file (or any other file) since some of the parts are surface hardened and the file will remove the treatment to the surface and as such make things worse in the long run. I don't know if that is true but I chose to follow the steps to determine what to polish but use only Flitz and was happy with the results.

If you're still not happy after shooting a while. You may want to try this: https://www.glockstore.com/Competition-Spring-Kit

20. fishhuntglock

fishhuntglock

Isnt the 43 smaller than the 48? WHen you go for more conceal, wouldnt the 26 also work? Just questions, bc I am looking as well for that right carry conceal gun