GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This is my first post although I am on other forums. I'm glad to be here and am looking for some advice. I currently have a PPS M2 and don't like the trigger that much. I will be upgrading between a 365 or the Glock 43X. I am leaning towards to X because I wont run optics and the grip on the XL was eh (I have small/medium hands). Since we're in the midst of a "pandemic" I was hoping someone could tell me what a good price would be for the 43X would be? What did you pay for yours and did it come with night sights? Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about it... but its even smaller grip than the XL. Plus they had a lot of reliability issues. More rounds with the shield arms magazines too.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
720 Posts
My P365 holds, 10, 12, or 15 rounds. My P365 was "Born On" 07/30/2020, so it is current production. All of the issues were with early production models. I also have a Hellcat which in some ways I like better, both are quality firearms. The G43X should also serve you well if you like the longer grip. Shield mags have their issues too, have to change out the mag release or the Shield mags eat it up, if you do change it, the metal mag release will groove your Glock mags, so it is a trade off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My P365 holds, 10, 12, or 15 rounds. My P365 was "Born On" 07/30/2020, so it is current production. All of the issues were with early production models. I also have a Hellcat which in some ways I like better, both are quality firearms. The G43X should also serve you well if you like the longer grip. Shield mags have their issues too, have to change out the mag release or the Shield mags eat it up, if you do change it, the metal mag release will groove your Glock mags, so it is a trade off.
Luckily Glock mags are cheap compared to sigs =P. I held the 365 at the LGS and truth be told it is too small. The SOB would go flying out of my hands haha! The Hellcat does look interesting too. I think I've made up my mind on the 43X, thanks!

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post although I am on other forums. I'm glad to be here and am looking for some advice. I currently have a PPS M2 and don't like the trigger that much. I will be upgrading between a 365 or the Glock 43X. I am leaning towards to X because I wont run optics and the grip on the XL was eh (I have small/medium hands). Since we're in the midst of a "pandemic" I was hoping someone could tell me what a good price would be for the 43X would be? What did you pay for yours and did it come with night sights? Any advice is appreciated!
Get a 365
I really like the 43 and 43X.

I wouldn’t trade either for two 365s.:D Seriously.

·
Registered
233 Posts
get the hellcat!!!

Built as a micro-version of the proven XDS platform. I had G48...The Hellcat is quite a step up. Grip, quality of magazine, sights, trigger (tough at first, breaks in very nicely), and its hard to find reports of unreliability. I think the 365 finally figured out what it needed for a striker material.

Now if just want more barrel length/sight radius then go 365xl. I like the slightly wider hellcat and the texture is perfect. When I want more barrel length, I grab my 19, but shorts and tshirt season had the hellcat on the hip.

If you just want it because you like glock...then 43x all day. It carries great and accessories galore.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked it up today for 485.00. I decided on the x over the 48 because of the barrel length. I wanted something that would be more easily concealable although I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 48, I preferred the short barrel. I hadn’t considered the hellcat only because I’m not a Springfield fan. Plus the 43x was more economical compared the the Sig 365xl. Springfield has had issues in past with CS and the lost a lot of followers when they decided to vote against 2A rights. This is my opinion only and feel I’d rather support a company that has a proven track record, both with CS and reliability. Aftermarket rocks with Glocks and I’ve owned Walther and sigs. This is my first one so time will tell how I like it. I will say I hate the sights on the 43x but am looking into FO sets from Dawson Precision.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just picked it up today for 485.00. I decided on the x over the 48 because of the barrel length. I wanted something that would be more easily concealable although I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 48, I preferred the short barrel. I hadn’t considered the hellcat only because I’m not a Springfield fan. Plus the 43x was more economical compared the the Sig 365xl. Springfield has had issues in past with CS and the lost a lot of followers when they decided to vote against 2A rights. This is my opinion only and feel I’d rather support a company that has a proven track record, both with CS and reliability. Aftermarket rocks with Glocks and I’ve owned Walther and sigs. This is my first one so time will tell how I like it. I will say I hate the sights on the 43x but am looking into FO sets from Dawson Precision.
Take a look at ameriglo options. 60 bucks on amazon.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
720 Posts
You can not go wrong with the Glock, great pistols and fantastic aftermarket support. Enjoy the journey!

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
get the hellcat!!!

Built as a micro-version of the proven XDS platform. I had G48...The Hellcat is quite a step up. Grip, quality of magazine, sights, trigger (tough at first, breaks in very nicely), and its hard to find reports of unreliability. I think the 365 finally figured out what it needed for a striker material.

Now if just want more barrel length/sight radius then go 365xl. I like the slightly wider hellcat and the texture is perfect. When I want more barrel length, I grab my 19, but shorts and tshirt season had the hellcat on the hip.

If you just want it because you like glock...then 43x all day. It carries great and accessories galore.
The XDS platform or Hellcat mini form being a step up from a Glock is a Joke.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will be upgrading between a 365 or the Glock 43X.
I have both, like both and wouldn't part with either.

I did have occasional problems with the P365 not locking back on the last round if my grip was a little sloppy, but when I changed to an XL grip module the problem resolved. Also had some light primer strikes and sent it to Sig. Came back with the problem solved and a bit heavier to rack. I like the option of using 12 or 15-round Cali freedom magazines, but only I prefer the 15-rounders with TD base pads installed, which make inserting a full 15-round magazine a bit easier.

That said, I'm a huge fan of the 43X. It's been completely reliable and its light weight makes it nice to carry.

I do prefer the P365 magazine catch and slide catch, but plan to upgrade those on the 43X.

Bottom line, both are super.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
The XDS platform or Hellcat mini form being a step up from a Glock is a Joke.
Again, I had a 48. Hellcat is better to me in the micro or slim concealed category. No sight change needed, no trigger polishing needed, and no grip/stipple/talon needed. I got the 48 as a step up from having a bersa 380 for my thirt days. Most other days it was my CZ75 PCR. The Hellcat is a great little shooter with great defensive sights, and again a micro version of the proven XDS. YMMV.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Take a look at ameriglo options. 60 bucks on amazon.
Yep Amazon has Ameriglo I bought a set of Ameriglo Troopers for the 43x and they are very nice, I got the yellow front. I think they where $90, the Troopers are new to the Ameriglo lineup and they are similar to the Bolds but the front is .125 and the blade is shaped slightly different (broad at the bottom and narrow at top of blade)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts