Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

In The Saddle
Have them both... Like them both. I choose the 48 over the 43x, because it is balanced better (to me) and I shoot it better, and like the extra 1" muzzle length...!

Excellent shooters, both of them.

CM
馃惔

Registered
I have the 43x and like it a lot. However, I鈥檓 planning on purchasing a 48MOS. The TLR-7sub will be about flush with the muzzle of the 48. Not to mention, I carry AIWB, and normally use a 48 length holster anyway for the added stability.

G43 Fanboy
I remember you said in another thread that you have a G43. Then, get a G48, and you will also have a 鈥淕43X鈥 when you put your G43 top on your G48 frame.

Registered
As a G48 MOS owner, what are the options of building a G43 MOS slide? using sources like Brownells?

Gunslinger
I handled both before buying my G43x, and to be honest, there were a couple of things about the G48 that I didn鈥檛 like. First, was the added slide/barrel length. I already own a G17, and frankly if I want to carry a pistol with that large of an overall profile there is none I would rather have in my hands than my Glock 17.

The other thing I disliked about the G48 was purely cosmetic, but I knew that it was something that would drive me absolutely crazy over time... that big ugly opening beneath the barrel on the front of the slide where the end of a recoil spring assembly should be. I realize that it is only cosmetic, and I am aware of the reason why it is there. Still, it leaves me with the impression of a pistol design that was rushed into production before it had been completely worked out.

With that said, I don鈥檛 believe that you could go wrong with either of them from the perspective of using the gun for a defensive weapon. The only thing I don鈥檛 like too much about my G43x is that I wish mine had the black slide to match my other Glock鈥檚. I couldn鈥檛 pass it up however as it was unfired, and came with the Ameriglo night sights I wanted, along with some other extras for a very fair price.

I say hold them both, and shoot them if you can. If all else fails... flip a coin. If you already happen to have a G43, then the G48 makes a whole lot of sense.

Registered
I have both. My g43x is my favorite pistol I have for edc. I added the recover tactical picitiny rail and a olight mini 2 . I carry it appendix carry with a shield arms magazine so I have 15 +1 and I carry spare shield arms magazine 15 + 1 in left front pocket. The 48 is a good gun just as others have said longer. See if you can shoot both then decide what gits your needs and what you are most comfortable shooting.

Gunslinger
Nawww man. I owned a P365, and absolutely loved it. In fact, I have been a fan of SIG Sauer longer than I have of Glock and that is a lot of years. Still, the P365 is in an entirely different class of weapons than either the G43x, or the G48. The P365 is in my opinion, the finest pocketable 9mm pistol. It competes more closely with pistols like the original G43, the Hellcat, and the Shield.

The G43x and the G48 are more in the class of compact belt carry guns like the Glock 19, and the P365XL.

I myself chose to keep my little G42 .380 as my deep cover pistol, but truthfully Glock doesn鈥檛 make anything that can compare to the P365 in that class of guns. When you step up to the P365XL sized weapon, I like the Glock offerings better by a wide margin. Different class of pistols entirely.

Registered
20210329_211840.jpg
20210329_212136.jpg

I love my G43X although I've not got to handle a G48. When I was in the market my lgs didn't have a G48 and they only had two G43Xs. I chose the one made in Georgia. Mine has Trijicon HDs a tlr6 and talon grips. I also swapped the trigger shoe to a smooth oem one. As soon as I run across one that I can rent and shoot I can give more feedback. I much prefer the G43X over the standard G43.

Registered
I remember you said in another thread that you have a G43. Then, get a G48, and you will also have a 鈥淕43X鈥 when you put your G43 top on your G48 frame.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Thread over.

You can do the same thing with a P365 and P365XL BTW. Buy both and get 4 guns combinations!

I'm not retired
In honesty, my wife chose the 48 over the 43x 'cause it 'looked more balanced'. Yes, 'looked'. Well, you have to let them choose what they want, right? At any rate, we've since had the op to shoot a 43x back to back with her 48. The only real diffs I could muster, and being as critical as possible, within reason, is the 48 has a tic less muzzle flip. It does, however, have a tic more muzzle dive going into battery. The differences are there, but by no means is it Earth shattering. Even with the little more muzzle dive, I'd rather have the 48 in the event I had to dump a mag. It's (the 48) just a little easier to control and reacquire when shooting fast.
Ythedifferenceisnotmuchbutthe48getsthenodMMV

Private side
I have 2 43Xs, a 43X MOS and a 48. The 48 is stock (Glock plastic sights :sick: )and is the least used because of that. I haven鈥檛 found a holster for the 43X MOS and am waiting until I get a light for it to do so but I carry one of the other 43X every day.

I like the way the 43X sits in my hand and although I know it has a little more recoil than the 48, I don鈥檛 notice it. Perhaps I haven鈥檛 done enough slow fire comparison between the two to see.

I say go with the 43X.

Registered
Has both, I have found that while the 43X felt better in the hand and in dry firing, I shoot the 48 better and found the difference in recoil noticeable enough that I prefer the 48. The 48 also carried better for me for some odd reason.

But if you have a 43, then get the 48 and you will have all 3. Best bet if you want a red dot and don't have the MOS version is to get the slide milled. In my experience I have found for some reason after market slides won't work with the SCD, which I am a huge fan of.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts