Glock Talk banner

Glock 43X trigger spring failure

800 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Hydra-SHOKz
Anyone else have a failure like this? Trigger went dead at the range during my last session. The little hook broke off. I have close to 10k on the gun. I had a spare so no big deal, but was curious if it's common???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39,708 Posts
Haven't heard of it happening among the Slimline or Gen5 Glock users at my former agency, but that's obviously a small sampling.

10+K rounds is a lot of usage for the 'average' Glock owner/issued user. If the manufacturing 'fold' of the hooked part of the trigger spring bearing had a sharp bend ('corner') on the bottom, it might've created the potential for an eventual stress riser.

Heavy use guns may benefit from some preventive maintenance replacement of parts. Dunno if Glock is currently considering that spring/bearing assembly as a Wearable Replacement Part. I usually replaced the trigger coil springs in my own Glocks (Gen3/older) sooner than 10K rounds, and if I were running a newer Glock with Gen5 parts I'd probably perform much the same periodic preventive maintenance replacement of some parts.

· Registered
39,708 Posts
The plastic side 'rails' of the TMH (on which the wings of the cruciform rest & slide) might end up being worn enough to merit replacement of the TMH after 10K rounds, anyway.

I had to do that with my G27 to get engagement back in spec at something like 12K rounds, as replacing the FP and the Trigger Bar weren't enough to do it (which conformed to what we were told about hard-used .40's in one of the update classes). Sometimes it might take the TMH, FP and the Trigger Bar to restore optimal engagement spec in some guns ... all 3 assemblies ... which is what happened with mine.

It's so easy to replace the whole TMH assembly, anyway, and the new spring/bearing would already come with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts