GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
The slide is easier to conceal than the grip, so a 48 would be virtually the same as a 43X except you may have to get a diff holster for the 48. Also, no.......with what guns you have, now, you don't NEED either of the two you ask about. You get more rounds with the 43x/48, but it's only 4 more. Learning quick reloads is cheaper than buying new Glock.
YigotsomemoneytoburnMMV

eta - Oh yea...my wife chose the 48 just because it looked more balanced. Never crossed her mind CC the extra slide length. For some, aesthetics is important.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
So maybe I should forget the Glocks, and buy a Sig P365 instead.... :)
If you have medium-large hands don't do that. Had one. Functioned well but the small circumference - vertical grip did not work for me. Like trying to shoot a magic marker. Sold it and bought this. BTW the holster was made for a G43 I sold (low capacity). My G48 runs great with Shield mags (15 rds).
G48 2.JPG

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,883 Posts
If you have medium-large hands don't do that. Had one. Functioned well but the small circumference - vertical grip did not work for me. Like trying to shoot a magic marker. Sold it and bought this. BTW the holster was made for a G43 I sold (low capacity). My G48 runs great with Shield mags (15 rds).
View attachment 855486
Good post.
I had the same issue with the 365. Fired a couple of rentals and a friend’s 365 multiple times; and yes, it was exactly like gripping a magic marker.
I really wanted to like it, but my 43 with TT buttplates on the mags only holds two less rounds and fits me much better.
Looking into the 48 when all this craziness blows over.

Reactions: Fatboy2001

·
In The Saddle
7,136 Posts
View attachment 855486

Wow... Then I stand corrected? The guy that made my holster for G48, "I thought" said there was a slight difference between part of the frame, behind trigger guard up on the frame, so 43x/48 would not fit well in a 43 holster. He seemed very adamant about it "I thought."

Maybe I heard him wrong... With my hearing wouldn't surprise me.. haha.

B safe amigo! ;)

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the 48 for the longer sight radius and for me better balance with negligible appendix carry differences. Along with the prospect of picking up the short handled 43 for both added (summer) clothing versatility and to make the 43x if I change my mind. Three for two is a kicker.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Have them both. I am a fan

They will fit existing Glock holsters if bottom is open.

43X conceals better. Very nicely balanced.

Since you already have a 43, you could buy a 48 and the uppers will interchange, you would 'have' 2 guns/options.

Reactions: MCCM

·
Registered
812 Posts
I Have 3 - 43x one is from a 43 slide on a 43x lower the second it just the standard 43x and the 3rd is because I wanted another one for no apparent reason. all have shield 15 round mags I absolutely love the pistol. I had the 365 and ditched it as it never really caught my eye on the design but decided to try it anyway. I'm considering selling my 19 and several others and getting a slim line 48. those two pistols will go down in history as the best in the world and beyond.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm considering selling my 19 and several others and getting a slim line 48. those two pistols will go down in history as the best in the world and beyond.
I thinking pretty seriously about getting rid of all my double stacks. With the 43, 43x, 48 there are several options on how to carry with minimal trouble/holster changes. At this stage in my life these options would cover most of my CCW needs.

·
In The Saddle
7,136 Posts

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I thinking pretty seriously about getting rid of all my double stacks. With the 43, 43x, 48 there are several options on how to carry with minimal trouble/holster changes. At this stage in my life these options would cover most of my CCW needs.
Well, with the 43/43x/48, the only CC carry gun I could see you needing is a 500 S&W. :p

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Sitting here after cleaning and lubing the wife's 48, I'm feeling the trigger has no stacking to speak of. Honestly, the pull is very smooth. It's a tiny tic heavier than my full size Glocks after doing some intense 25 cent trigger jobs, but the action is quite smooth. This might be the first Glock we own that doesn't need a 25 cent trigger job.

Is it me or is the trigger pull distance a little shorter on the 48 (prolly the 43/43X, as well) than my full size. I'm pulling a G34 trigger against it and I swear the 48 feels like it breaks a tic shorter.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have two 43X's-Silver slide and Black slide and I like them better than a 48. When I sight picture the 43X feels better to me. Probably makes no sense, but just how they feel in my hand.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
When they first came out i rented a 43X and a 48 and put 100 rounds through each of them.There was very little difference in my groups at 9 yards.I bought the 43X and am pleased with it.Personal preference.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok, I’m going to buy a new pistol. Here’s the low down:

I EDC a shield 2.0. I carry a G43 when I ride my bicycle, which is road biking and mountain biking.

I’m not sure if I want a 43x or a 48.

I’m looking for some advice here!
I would wait until the railed versions come out, but who knows when that will happen. Let me try to make the case for either one.

G43X
It will fit the holsters for your G43, so you can save some money there. Being smaller makes it more concealable and easier to carry than the G48--I don't care about the common saying "the easiest dimension to conceal is length." When you sit down, if you have a bifold wallet in the rear right pocket of your pants, with the G48, it will push up your belt. So the smaller gun wins, no matter the dimension.

G48
Many common hollow point loads are calibrated to expand to certain standards with a 4" barrel, which this gun has. The longer slide gives you a longer sight radius, which makes it just a bit easier to aim with and might make the difference when you need it. The aesthetics of the longer slide are more traditional and therefore better than the unbalanced-looking G43X.

I used to own a 48 personally. I ultimately sold it because the intermediate size just didn't do much for me. I EDC a G42 and when I go into bad neighborhoods, I'll carry a G19. I just don't have much need for something in between those two, especially if it doesn't have a rail.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts