Glock 43X MOS (sort of) w/ Swampfox Sentinel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Couch000, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Couch000

Couch000

I've been waiting for a G43X MOS at my LGS (I have a buddy there trying to snag one for me) so far to no avail. They got one in and the manager snagged it for his brother.

So a while back I bought a G43X frame for my G43. I love the longer grip of the 43X frame and with the advent of red dots (have them on G45, P320, P320 X5 Legion) as soon as the 43X MOS came out I knew I had to get one. But with the pandemic and panic buying I didn't know when I would get one. So.....I made one myself.

I just happened to see that Brownells had optic cut G43 slides in stock and snagged one for $235. I was already accumulating accessories for my G43X MOS that I didn't have. Two Swampfox Sentinels, Talon Grips, Shield Arms magazines, metal mag release. So attached is the almost finished project (no SA steel mag catch installed yet).

So for those of you in my situation wanting a G43X MOS this might be a good option for you.

fullsizeoutput_2a3f.jpeg

MCCM and CBTENGR like this.
  2. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

Looks good. How do you like the Swampfox Sentinel?

I have two of the Swampfox Kingslayer optics along with their Blade 1x prism site and a 1-4 Tomahawk LPVO. I have been happy with them so far. I plan on putting one of the Kingslayer's on my G44 one I get my Nelson 44X RMR Slide for it.

3. Couch000

Couch000

I haven't shot with it yet but I really like the form factor and it fits the gun like a glove. Out of all the RMSc red dot options I think this is the best on paper. The window is slightly taller than I expected which to me is a good thing. The window seems to be just the right size. If it performs as well as it looks it will be a real winner.

4. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I have heard a lot of good things about the Sentinel over on AR15.com. I think you will like it. I know I am happy with the Kingslayer. And it is good to know that the Sentinel fits the G43 slide as well as it does.

5. JakeM

JakeM

I have been wanting to build a G48 with a Brownells slide as well. But I think I will wait on one cut for the RMR cc. That’s what I’ve decided to go with.

I wish they’d come out with some for the G45 as well

6. Couch000

Couch000

That sounds like it would be a winner for sure. Just don't understand why Trijicon decided on a proprietary footprint for their RMRcc. I have an SRO on my G45 MOS with CHPWS mount and love it.

That being said, I really do like the larger window of the Sentinel compared to the RMRcc.

7. JakeM

JakeM

I may look more into the SwampFox sights, I had trouble finding info on them a few weeks ago.

8. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

There is a 64 page thread in the AR15 Optics section at AR15.com

9. Couch000

Couch000

They seem to get pretty good reviews with all their optics (red dots and lpvo). Both Sentinels I have seem to be well built and look really nice. I don't think they are going to be as rugged as an RMR but doesn't have the price tag either. Swampfox seems like an up and coming company similar to Holosun. At the price tag I think they are well worth a try.

10. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

And they have excellent customer service if you should ever need it. The illumination on my first Blade died after 50 rounds and they were super quick to take care of me and replace the sight no questions asked.