GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
Don Hume JIT slide-Leather strong side OWB. (No pic handy).

Sgt Moose Paddle OWB, for those days I need to get the weapon/holster off right quick.. His pics on his web site are horrible, so here it is. (see below). "Very well made, very tough and comfortable, and he is a Vet."

https://www.smchllc.com/collections/paddle-holster

CM
:horse:

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

·
98.SiG and Rising!
718 Posts
jmcustomkydex.com

Reactions: pntblnk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alien gear works great and I've used for a long time with my G17 and revolvers and enjoyed packing in comfort. I now have alien gear for both the 43x and g42. Due to the long wait of 6 weeks I tried a couple versions of polymer iwb holsters for the 43x and could not last half a day due to discomfort. But with the Alien Gear iwb 3.5 I carry all day, every day, in comfort.
Heck, I can even carry my 4 inch K frame in the Alien Gear iwb I ordered for that. I'm impressed.

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
Thought I'd come back and toss this in for grins. I hear folks say they can't do this...
Out here, wranglers are not loose/baggy, and NO way could I handle inside waistband. Ouch!

Usually, I put the 1911 45acp or revolver, or whatever, down the back of britches, Mex style.

I took a pic here today running errands in town of the G48 in front pocket this time, just because. :D

It worked great for me. When I get back in the truck, I simply pop it in this little holster. No real point here to all this, but as I said, just cause I wanted too...

IMG_7541.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
Hill country leather. Originally made for a 43. Now, a 43x. View attachment 859494

Very sweet here amigo. Being a leather type guy for all my gear, except for one or two 'paddles..'
You just helped me find my "new" holster.... ;)
Thanks!

CM

Reactions: Lola1

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
If ya don't mind... Which holster from Hill Country do you have pictured here?
Model name, type?

Thanks.

CM
a pancake, john may call it a bikini. All made to order, but turn around has been very fast. Its done in cognac elephant. Lined with smooth kangaroo leather, back is cowhide or kangaroo. Standard, nothing added by me to his design. He made the belt at the same time. Liked it so much i ordered a dark brown gator for a 33 with red stitching. Can find over 300 of his photos of work on FB. He likes to talk by phone or messenger about the order, what you want, etc so All you do is select from the styles he makes, name the weapon and go from there. Does knife scabbards. Very pleasant, an artist in leather. And i think reasonably priced.

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
a pancake, john may call it a bikini. All made to order, but turn around has been very fast. Its done in cognac elephant. Lined with smooth kangaroo leather, back is cowhide or kangaroo. Standard, nothing added by me to his design. He made the belt at the same time. Liked it so much i ordered a dark brown gator for a 33 with red stitching. Can find over 300 of his photos of work on FB.
Amigo, I just now found it before I saw the post of your's to me here. Man I sure thank you for posting this pic, AND, for your quick and kind answer here. I love leather... NO 'Kydex saddles' out here! Ha. Just never took the time actually, on my "semi's," to look for "quality leather." Sooo, been getting Don Hume, and El Paso saddlery, etc. Not that they are not really nice, but these made by Hill Country, are exactly what I been wanting for the 'semi's,' and was to lazy to spend time lookin for. ha

Hard enough for me over the years to buy/own plastic guns, but at least I can now stick them in some good lookin leather. I like his elephant so far. Price is high, but I do not mind it when something is made this well, and looks this good, and has all these leather choices.

I buy good leather for my hog legs, and ALL things cowboy/ranch, and been doing that for a number of decades, and ALL other things, "leather" we use out here, so may as well drop the coins on a holster like this . Problem is, as I was waiting on your reply here, and looking at Mr. Hill's site, I though, dang, now I got to do this for the G48, and the 1911, and a couple 'carry revolvers...' I see about 800.00 'thur she goes...' Lol.

Well it is 'hint dropping time,' of year for gifts and $$$, so that will help. Uh hum... ;)

Thanks again amigo! I really appreciate it.

Be safe and well.

CanyonMan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Amigo, I just now found it before I saw the post of your's to me here. Man I sure thank you for posting this pic, AND, for your quick and kind answer here. I love leather... NO 'Kydex saddles' out here! Ha. Just never took the time actually, on my "semi's," to look for "quality leather." Sooo, been getting Don Hume, and El Paso saddlery, etc. Not that they are not really nice, but these made by Hill Country, are exactly what I been wanting for the 'semi's,' and was to lazy to spend time lookin for. ha

Hard enough for me over the years to buy/own plastic guns, but at least I can now stick them in some good lookin leather. I like his elephant so far. Price is high, but I do not mind it when something is made this well, and looks this good, and has all these leather choices.

I buy good leather for my hog legs, and ALL things cowboy/ranch, and been doing that for a number of decades, and ALL other things, "leather" we use out here, so may as well drop the coins on a holster like this . Problem is, as I was waiting on your reply here, and looking at Mr. Hill's site, I though, dang, now I got to do this for the G48, and the 1911, and a couple 'carry revolvers...' I see about 800.00 'thur she goes...' Lol.

Well it is 'hint dropping time,' of year for gifts and $$$, so that will help. Uh hum... ;)

Thanks again amigo! I really appreciate it.

Be safe and well.

CanyonMan
I went to his FB page. He calls my color nicotine elephant and the style, pancake. Have fun. These are addictive. He’s very nice to deal with. I saw your post after i wrote mine. Yes, his work and materials are beautiful. make me drool. I would guess after buying 2 holsters that his prices for exotic skins are around approx twice what a similar, unadorned calf holster would cost from el paso. The elephant is gorgeous and i think it will hold up for decades. I hear you about the plastic guns. i have been thinking about a belt holster for a 50s SW mod 36. But that would encourage me to carry it instead of a glock. Have fun.

·
In The Saddle
7,116 Posts
I went to his FB page. He calls my color nicotine and the style,pancake. Have fun. These are addictive.

You bet! I'm 'hooked' already.... ;)
I don't have face book, and wouldn't have a clue as to 'how..' I'll be in touch with Mr. Hill real soon though.

CM

·
Registered
98 Posts
I recently picked up a couple safariland paddle holsters that I’m fairly fond of. I loved this style holster for my g45 as it’s super quick to draw.

There is a caveat. The non-light version can be picky as it’s a little snug at the muzzle. Before I had my tlr6, I tried both and only the black one fit into the holster well. Well, that determined which pistol I added the tlr6 to and now I have great fitting holsters for both.

I also have a Theis hybrid iwb holster on the way, which I am also a big fan of.

C8C1EF5D-B18F-4B4F-A275-94B929B0D120.jpeg

6A238AE3-43FA-49C2-8926-057BC1FA79D0.jpeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is my Vedder IWB Lighttuck. Very comfortable in almost any EDC position. The claw really helps with printing.
62558715707__107B5DCD-3675-428D-88C8-4968EA1C05E4.jpeg

41 - 58 of 58 Posts