GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have been using an urban carry G2 every single day for the last over 2 1/2 years.
I don’t need any other Holsters as long as I got pants on, it’s on.
It is so comfortable, and easy to achieve draw a first shot on target between 1.9 and 2.1 seconds. If I sense a threat, I can hold the flap with my left hand, and cross my right hand over and it just looks like I’m standing there with my hands crossed in my lap. Then, draw to first shot on target is 1.35 to 1.55 seconds. It works with all of my pants(although I will admit I have a limited selection of several pairs of the same couple of designs of jeans) and takes the shirt entirely out of the equation as I can use it tucked or untucked with any shirt.
I am a chiropractor, and see patients all day with this on and no one has any idea as I’m bent over working on them. It doesn’t print when you bend over in other words.
Also, I teach karate and I’ve done jujitsu with this holster on. The firearm stays in place. And there’s no way anyone’s going to take this away from me as they can with most traditional Holsters. Most traditional Holsters you also can’t roll around in the ground like you can with this one.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,590 Posts
Picked up my Glock 43x this weekend.

Looking for some holster recommendations (IWB or OWB). Seems like many are just listing for the 43 and not specifically for the 43X.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Tell us if you want kydex or leather. Your price range?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like several said, if you can get to a store and try some, that is the best option. Unfortunately the stores near me have pretty poor selections. Luckily, I find concealing pretty easy being 6'6" 220, so fit is mostly a comfort issue...

I have been carrying my 43X in an Amberide I purchased off Amazon. I bought it knowing I would likely experiment with several others but wanted something quick and they had next day delivery. So far haven't felt the need to purchase anything else.

For my G17 I've used both Crossbreed and Tier 1 IWB products as they both had light options that worked for my setup and let me reasonably conceal my big gun in the appendix position. I rarely carry that anymore now that I've moved on to the 43X.

https://amberide.com/collections/glock/products/amberide-iwb-kydex-holster-fit-glock-43-43x

·
Registered
30 Posts

Looking for some holster recommendations (IWB or OWB). Seems like many are just listing for the 43 and not specifically for the 43X.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
I had a hard time finding a iwb or owb holster for my 43x. I have the double diamond threaded barrel and the G43G Lasermax guide rod laser. I found that any holster for the G43 would work BUT most holsters activated the laser. I have found a iwb holster that works great. The Aliengear iwb "Cloak Tuck 3.5" holster is very secure, wears well just behind my left hip (i'm a southpaw) and has not activated the laser. I would love to find an appendix holster that would not activate the laser after I finish loosing another 60 lbs.
I got the laser for point shooting without my glasses when in bed or anytime in an enclosed space or low light situation when my Ameriglo night sites are not enough. Mostly, I intend on using the laser as an intimidator in hopes of not having to drop someone in this f&*#ed up, enlightened "gangsta" lives matter BS. I carried a 1911 full sized or commander from the age of 18-50's (free concealed only carry) but stopped for about 15 years. When I regained my senses and "purchased" my right to carry concealed again, I had to hunt down a new pistol due to arthritis in both thumbs, bad eyesight and how an earthquake strikes every time I try to aim. I am not the rockhard platform I used to be - ha.
I do not trust my ability to de-cock any sa pistol due to my thumbs and I never carried cocked-n-locked. I was hammer down on a piped 230grn Hydroshock and carried behind my left hip without any mishaps. So, I carried a da/sa 9mm but ended up with a striker fired 9mm. Since the 43x was my first Glock, I really had nothing to compare to except my CZ SP01 Tactical which was traded for my VP 9 H&K which was traded for my Sig P290 RS which was traded for my Glock 43X 10+1 rounder with Ameriglo Night Sights which has been upgraded to a 15+1 rounder thanks to Shield Arms. The 43X has no printing issues in an iwb holster thanks to my Aliengear holster. The Alien gear Glock 48 shell (free lifetime trades) holds my 43X with the Double Diamond 4"+ threaded barrel. And the G43G green, guide rod laser by Lasermax has not caused a single hickup through 1,000s of rounds of bulk hardball UMC practice rounds and 100s of rounds of HST 124grn carry ammo. I no longer feel the sharp pangs of not carrying my ole "45" but, damn, I will miss her. When the 43X is held side to side with a G43 or even a G42 it is amazing how little size difference there is. But, a 16 rounder will always beat a 6-8 rounder. And a lack of a mag extender will always speed up a mag change. The Shield Arms 15 round upgrade flies out of the 43X grip and the lack of a beveled mag well (my old 45 days are showing) has not hindered (with practice) a speedy reload.

If the "silencer" ignorance by the "enlightened" ends, I plan on adding the Odessa 9 can by Dead Air to my portfolio. I tried out an Odessa 9 at my local gun store and to our amazement, it not only allowed me to utilize my low, Ameriglo night sights it did not interfere with my G43G guide rod laser. That was friggin awsome!!! I own a SS Sparrow can by Silencerco and when I screwed it on to my 43X Double Diamond threaded barrel (for size comparison only) I had issues. If any of you fellow "deplorables" have ever fantasized about the "perfect" pistol well, bless my heart, I think I just might have found one. A "near pocket pistol" (coat pocket for sure) with a 4+ inch threaded barrel (for increased velocity), 16 rounds followed up with 15 round repeatability (no mag extender), accuracy, reliability, stand out, low, red outlined night sights (Ameriglo factory mounted - not after market), internal green laser (that works as advertised), suppressed with a variable length can and remain concealable 9mm pistol. I mean COME ON!!! Why do I feel like singing "Heaven, I'm in Heaven" with a French accent and dance around the room like Steve Martin? Check it out!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using an urban carry G2 every single day for the last over 2 1/2 years.
I don’t need any other Holsters as long as I got pants on, it’s on.
It is so comfortable, and easy to achieve draw a first shot on target between 1.9 and 2.1 seconds. If I sense a threat, I can hold the flap with my left hand, and cross my right hand over and it just looks like I’m standing there with my hands crossed in my lap. Then, draw to first shot on target is 1.35 to 1.55 seconds. It works with all of my pants(although I will admit I have a limited selection of several pairs of the same couple of designs of jeans) and takes the shirt entirely out of the equation as I can use it tucked or untucked with any shirt.
I am a chiropractor, and see patients all day with this on and no one has any idea as I’m bent over working on them. It doesn’t print when you bend over in other words.
Also, I teach karate and I’ve done jujitsu with this holster on. The firearm stays in place. And there’s no way anyone’s going to take this away from me as they can with most traditional Holsters. Most traditional Holsters you also can’t roll around in the ground like you can with this one.
I find this interesting to hear..For deep Concealment this appears to be working very well for you.
I am curious as to if you’re carrying a Glock and if so,,how is the trigger protected? Also, what keeps the pistol from moving around inside the holster?

Thinking of the safety aspect..Sounds like you’re able to be very active while wearing it.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
G43 Fanboy
1,590 Posts
Great questions.

I’m usually OWB on larger firearms, but this will be IWB (3/4 o’clock). Price under $100.

Thanks for the other recommendations—checking them out.
For the price under $100, here are two that I am using with success:
*El Paso “C-Force” leather holster ($80)
(You really cannot practice “draw, shoot and re-holster” with this one because you need to use two hands to re-holster your gun in this holster. But the concealability of this holster is superb!)

*Multi-Holster IWB kydex holster ($59.95)
I have this holster for my G19, G43 and Kahr PM9, and love them all. Form my G43, I have both the “Mid Rise” (i.e., normal ride) and “Deep Concealment” (i.e., deep ride) versions for different attire.

If you are interested, I also have a couple of leather IWB holsters for G43/43X listed for sale in the classified section (https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/wts-new-g43-g43x-leather-iwb-holsters.1774296/#post-28947756). Check them out.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bought 2 G-Code holters recently, Phenom Stealth for my 43X and Phenom Speed for my G45 and 19G5MOS w/RMR2. Very impressed so far.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I find this interesting to hear..For deep Concealment this appears to be working very well for you.
I am curious as to if you’re carrying a Glock and if so,,how is the trigger protected? Also, what keeps the pistol from moving around inside the holster?

Thinking of the safety aspect..Sounds like you’re able to be very active while wearing it.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as deep concealment, I don’t need to use anything else and I’ve never had anybody figure out that I’m carrying unless they see the flap because I have my shirt tucked in. In the years in my office it’s only been gun people Who notice, And you can tell because they stare at it. If my shirts untucked you just plain can’t see it. Period. When you sit down it looks like you have something in your pocket.
The trigger is protected the same way any thick leather holster would do. My wife sits on my lap and I just don’t think there’s any way it’s going to get pushed by accident especially because I do carry Glock‘s. Originally with an empty gun I dug up the trigger and tried to push it and I couldn’t. A Glock trigger can’t get pushed from the side so I feel completely safe that way. And I couldn’t even really get a hold of it from the side very well when I tried.

The key to the pistol not moving around in the holster is having the holster broken In as it will melt around the gun. But interestingly enough, different guns of similar size will all fit in the same shape.
what I mean is, the holster I use for my 43X, will also work with my 43 with a +2 (for me that makes it within an 8th inch of the same size) and the 26 with a 15 round magazine also fits perfectly. I do use Crimson Trace lasers on all of my weapons and it does affect the fit some. Although I do not use the ones that are for laser applications. The holsters that are just regular work fine with Crimson Trace lasers.

An important word to the wise! When it comes to Glocks I have found you can’t trust the recommendations that they make on the website. When these holsters work, they work awesome! But when The gun doesn’t fit properly, your belt is not right, your pants don’t fit properly, then they are a total disaster! And the G 1 was not very good. (if you’d seen active self protection’s review he had a G1 and it wasn’t broken in and he never gave it a chance. I can see why he had the opinion he did. ) The G2 is way better! But I think they’re discontinuing the G2. I have no experience with the G3 at all. I love the G2 so much, I have one for each one of my weapons.

And along the word to the wise line also, the G 19 actually needs to be carried in a G 17 size holster. Honestly, that’s a little big for me but it works.
My favorite combination is the G 19 size holster with a 43 with a +2, a 43X, or a 26 with a 15 round magazine. There is no disadvantage to having the longer grip with this system. There is a disadvantage to using the standard 43 or 26 grip length as it’s harder to get a hold of. It also can be helpful to round off the edges a little bit on the 15 rd. magazine so it doesn’t dig into the leather as much. Not very much just takeoff the edge. Don’t have to, but it makes it draw a little smoother and again is easier on the leather. I’ve just started doing that recently. it doesn’t hurt the functional capability of the 15 round magazine when you put it back in the G 19 at all.
There’s your $1.25 answer to your $.15 question. Just didn’t want you to go out and pick one up and not know what you need to know to make it work good.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
My preference is the JM Custom Kydex OWB 2. I also have a couple of Vedder Light Draws and they are nice, but they don't sit as close to the body.

IMG_3411.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey! First an foremost, you need to decide whether or not you will be running a white light on the pistol.

I would highly recommend the TLR-6, although it is limited to 100 lumens, it is better than nothing.

Once you have that nailed down, there are lots of great options out there. I run a Tulster AIWB with a spare magazine in my weak side pocket (Neomag).

I used to be less concerned, but nowadays I won't run a pistol without some form of white light.

-Al

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've gotten a few Facebook ads for Blue Star Holsters. They look like a nice holster and I like how their belt clip is configured. Has anyone tried one or have any opinions? 30-day guarantee

·
Registered
138 Posts

Thoughts?

Thanks.
So, what did you end up getting - if anything?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts