Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just a quick question. When Glock changed from the black to silver slide on the 43X and 48, did they make any other changes, or is it just the finish / color? I heard that there were some minor changes, but with no real description and I'm wondering if this was misinformation.

Thanks,
Burns

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Burns, I thought they went from Silver to Black..?.. From what I see only change was the color.. but?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Yeah, I think the question may be inartfully drafted. The 43X/48 never went from black to silver. They started out silver. If you are asking whether there was a change from the 43 to 43X/48, Glock added the front serrations and I think that the 43X/48 slide is very marginally wider. But the 43X/48 slide fits and runs fine on the 43 frame.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, let me clarify, I typed that out incorrectly. When Glock moved the 48 (and 43x for that matter) from a silver slide to a black slide, did anything else change (mag catch, anything else)? Or, was it just the finish / color of the slide?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know the G43 and G43X have a slight difference in the slide.

I think the 43X has a different angle on the extractor or maybe it was the ejection port - somebody clarify...

I was very OCD about hearing that after I put my G43 slide on the G43X/G48 frame.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You heard there were changes made to the frames of the black slide 43X/48, but no info given on what was changed?

Smells like misinformation to me.

SO91B

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was c
You heard there were changes made to the frames of the black slide 43X/48, but no info given on what was changed?

Smells like misinformation to me.

SO91B
I was complaining that when I made my 43X by putting the 43 slide onto a 43X frame - that I was concerned that the serial numbers don't match and that there are no front slide serrations.

Somebody here said that it's good that I didn't know of the ejection port angle update.

Apparently the angle was adjusted to eject the brass in a better direction.

·
In The Saddle
9,012 Posts
Burns... ^^^

NO.
Internet slack jaw.
Nothing changed, and I have all three. 43X/48sil/48blk.

CM
:horse:

Reactions: Burns

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes , breachface cut , my silver 43x no cut brass lands 2 to 3 feet from gun , blue 43x and 48 brass lands 10 to 12 feet from gun , their is a thread about this on the search button

Both my black slide 43X (prefix BMED) and silver slide 43X (prefix BLNY) have the BFC. What is the prefix of your silver slide SN?

SO91B

·
In The Saddle
9,012 Posts
In my post above here ^^^ #9, I said there is NO difference in my 43X/48 Silver/48 black, and I was right, and also NOT having in mind, the BFC. SO, adding that info to the mix now, YES, all three have the BFC. Some say their is 'grip,' difference. We have seen NO difference in these grips at all... None! That, is really what I was referring too, in post #9.

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
497 Posts
sorry sonofa91B I don't have the silver 43x any more so I cant remember the sn number , but it was the first blue label ones , I picked it up the same day they were released

1 - 13 of 13 Posts