Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a new CC and have pretty much narrowed it down to a G43. I own several guns but this is a niche gun. I ride a motorcycle and the inside pocket of my riding vest has a built in holster. I bought a LCR .357 but it didn't fit in the holster well. So back to my question is it better to buy the G43 with the night sights or buy them after market. My LGS wants 449.00 and with night sights wants 499.00 or is there better prices on line? Thanks!

Reactions: azks804 and Quade

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Your dealer is giving you a great buy if he wants ONLY $50 extra for night sights, especially if they are excellent Glock OEM sights. Glock OEM night sights are the best buy on the market, yet cost $67 plus $10 shipping direct from Glock.

My only concern at such a low added cost is whether or not the sights to be installed are indeed Glock OEM.

If they are OEM...grab that deal. You get an excellent price and a pistol that's good to go when you walk out the dealer's store. Your G43 will have everything it will ever need. It is an excellent weapon, and it will stay that way if all aftermarket gimmicks and doo-dads and other garbage are kept away from it.

Welcome to Glock Talk.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, it is a Glock installed sights. I gave him the SKU and he gave me the price. He carries very few guns but will order anything. 24-48 on almost anything. He is a good guy and his prices are hard to beat in my area.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
My constant companion. I pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemesis holster, and 2 back up mags. I am very comfortable carrying this way, and can draw my G43 instantly, no problem. My 1 gripe about the G43 was it's grip and how small and slick it is. I cured that by wrapping the grip w/ a Talon rubber grip wrap in pebble finish. Now it is not so slick, and is just a touch more hand filling. I trust my G43 explicitly to get me out of a bad problem, day or night. Good choice.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
OP - I also added a G43 to my limited handgun rotation recently and it's been a great gun, running ball ammo and Federal HST 124 grain standard pressure self defense loads without a hitch.

Excellent choice. You will be well served by that little gun.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Thanks Mike, it is a Glock installed sights. I gave him the SKU and he gave me the price.
There's no doubt in my mind, then, Jack. Get it ASAP! :)

Now all you need to determine is what you'll use to carry it, and what ammo you'll carry in it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a a few hundred HST 124 standard pressure. I use in my winter carry XD mod2. I have several hand guns I rotate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had narrowed it down to three guns. The LC9 pro, M&P shield and the 43. I couldn't get past the look and feel of the LC9. The shield was close but I keep going back to the 43.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
OP - You might want to look at the rubberized Traction Grips. About half the price of Talon Grips and easy to install. I've never held on to a gun long enough to test their durability, but they certainly help me get a grip on my G43.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am a fan of the Talon grip tape. I have them on a couple of my guns.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,330 Posts
Welcome to GT, Fireball Jack!
I also think $499.00 with Glock night sights is a good deal. I had to pay more for a standard G43 with the stock plastic sights at my LGS. I paid about the same price ($449.00) for my second G43 with plastic sights that I bought online, plus $15 for transfer. I think your LGS is very reasonable. Unless you have any specific aftermarket sights in mind, $499.00 with factory night sights seems like a good choice.
I love my G43. It has become my “go-to” CCW since I bought the 1st one last year. You will really appreciate Glock simplicity and reliability in such a concealable package.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This will be my first Glock I have several handguns mostly Springfields. Looking forward to picking it up next week. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Practically a saint
6,436 Posts
I will be buying a new CC and have pretty much narrowed it down to a G43. I own several guns but this is a niche gun. I ride a motorcycle and the inside pocket of my riding vest has a built in holster. I bought a LCR .357 but it didn't fit in the holster well. So back to my question is it better to buy the G43 with the night sights or buy them after market. My LGS wants 449.00 and with night sights wants 499.00 or is there better prices on line? Thanks!
What kind of riding vest do you have?

Reactions: Fireball Jack
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.