Glock 43

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MooMooBoo, Sep 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

I purchased a G43 today after selling off my xds 3.3 9mm. I idnt like how the pearce grip werent flush with the frame which caused it to chaffe against my back.

Anyways. I bought this gun, brought it home without looking at it. I saw gold on the outside of the slide and thought it was the anti sieze. But its not coming off, i used ballistol and again not coming off. I cant tell if the slide has its finish rubbed off or if its somethibg else etched on it.

Any ideas?

Also lesson learned, always check your guns.

I contacted the dealer and he said itll still shoot. Which is true. Im a little annoyed by the marring but not overly upset.

Pics to follow

2. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Could be the brass end of the barrel cleaning brush rubbed against the slide and left a mark. Heard it commonly happens when the cleaning brush is not in the proper place holder. With the non Teflon finish, the slide is more susceptible to marks and scratches.

3. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Interesting, the brass brush was not in place and that looks like the culprit. I take it, that is permanent scarring?

Attached Files:

4. KenMI

KenMI

If it is brass, the brass rubbed onto the harder slide surface. Rifle bore cleaner should get it without hurting the finish

5. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Hmm. I am certain it was the brass handle. I guess I should put up more pictures.

But I was able to rub some gold off which then turned into silver(oil and cloth) some of it looks like the brass got etched on and so removed, but the part closer to the barrel looks like maybe not.

Would ballistol count as rifle bore cleaner? Or is that the brass brush?

6. KenMI

KenMI

Need something specific for removing copper/brass fouling. Many rifle bore cleaners do. Oil or other cleaners won't touch it.

7. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

If by Rifle Bore Cleaner you meant a brass brush, I used one. It took it away but now I have a more brass light finish. Blended in more though so unless you're looking for it, you won't find it.

Did you mean a cleaner like liquidy?

It's actually off enough now that it doesnt bug me : ) Thanks for the tip.

Now I just need to find the right holster, going to spend several hours on the computer looking at pictures

8. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G43.

9. KenMI

KenMI

Yeah, was referring to a bore solvent liquid. The brass brush wouldn't hurt anything but it probably left more brass imbedded on the slide. Bore solvent in a rag should clean it up easily now.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

Enjoy your G43. My guess is after a few.months in and out of a holster you will not even notice anything that is left.

11. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Yea, i've rubbed off enough that I don't care. My biggest issue now is trying to find a holster. Im not new to this, but i'm spending just as much time. I'm sure there have been multiple threads about this, but if anyone reads this can they comment on full kydex holster or leather?

I would be carrying 4-5 o clock IWB at a pretty big cant, probably more than 15. I've had kydex before and I do remember feeling slightly uncomfortable, I haven't had a leather IWB, wondering if once you draw the gun if you can reholster the gun one handed? And comfort?

12. zennashton

zennashton

Mine is showing some wear now from my ankle holster but its a work gun so I don't mind.

13. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

My trigger came in at 10lbs. WTF. Next time im bringing a trigger guage.

This is my CCW Gun and ive heard you dont want to make modifications, but I want 5.5lbs or something lighter, anywhere to get there without violating the no modification?

14. KenMI

KenMI

Glock may bring out a minus connector eventually. I wouldn't mess with aftermarket springs or parts. A 25 cent trigger job and lube of the contact points might help quite a bit

15. Big Kohle

Big Kohle

Like most, I have a drawer full of holsters. However, the " Crossbreed Supertuk" is by far the most comfortable

16. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Middle portion is my G43 at 21ft ~18 rounds
    Bottom Right is my G19 at 21ft ~ 15 rounds

Not too bad for first time shoot of G43 at 10lb trigger. Those 3 to the left I have no idea what happened nor which gun it came from. The bullseye was first shot, for some reason the 1st of every shooting iteration is always the most accurate.

Does anyone elses index finger pad hurt? Ive shot my G19 for over 150 rounds many times before this and never had this pain, I get done shooting today at 150 rounds swapping between G19 and G43 and it hurts. I assume its the trigger safety weighing in at 10lbs.

Anyone else get wrist pain from shooting?

Attached Files:

17. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Yea I'm hesitant to make modifications to a possible SD gun. I'm sure it's all just unfounded rumors about not modifying your weapon, but who knows?

18. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

No wrist pain but it's hard for me to avoid pulling shots left with the heavy trigger coupled with the light weight of the gun. Given this gun is meant for close encounters and subsequent legal scrutiny should I have to use it I will just continue to put rounds through it to get better with it and hopefully it'll lighten up some on it's own.

19. MooMooBoo

MooMooBoo

Im thinking the same. Ive tried quick draw with every pistol I own too. Ill hit the person, just not where im aiming. I cant imagine having the time distance nor calmness of shooting someone in the heart af 21 ft anywhere.

I always pull left no matter what gun, i do at times havr problems with recoil anticipation, most of my.mistakes, id say 99% are usually lower left.