Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone carrying one? If so, if you carry OWB are you able to find a descent holster? I'd order one, but don't want to wait multiple weeks to get it. I generally prefer a holster with 0 cant.

Thoughts?

· Registered
6,730 Posts
I posted a month or two ago that I got an OWB holster for my G43, but when I did, I posted the incorrect model number because I was too lazy to go to my car to see the correct model number on the packaging. (I was on vacation at the time) This holster came equipped with the pancake attachment but it also came with a belt loop attachment, which I quickly changed over to. So, if you go to the Safariland site, you will see several offerings that I'm sure you will be happy with.

If I have time, I will look for my holster's correct model number and post it here. Also, I'm happy with its level of retention which is just the tightening of the allen wrench screw. I'm sure it would be enough for sprinting and for when you may have to wrestle around a little.

Also, even though I am happy with this Safariland, I am still looking for that "perfect" holster. My desire is for a relatively thin leather belt loop holster with a thumb snap. It would even be neato if it had a magazine holder up front like my kydex G42 holster had.

Added content
Here is what I have. Not bad but it was one of the only ones they had a GT Distributors in Austin when I was there in the area on vacation: http://www.safariland.com/paddle/mo...t-loop-holster-with-detent-30575.html#start=1

· Cover is Code 3
4,260 Posts
Ung, yeah, I have one. I'm in the same boat as you. I like OWB and I prefer leather.

I had a semi-custom Black Hills Leather unit on order but after it arrived 6 weeks later it wasn't what I hoped for. I also tried a Black Dog kydex OWB and disliked it, to. Also tried a DeSantis mini scabbard which would have been okay if it was 0 cant and had a little wider tunnel belt loop, but it didn't, so I dumped it.

Basically, I want a simple "Askins" style tunnel belt loop holster, 0 cant, no fluff on it. The discontinued Don Hume JIT looks to be about what I want but they don't make it for the 43 nor for any guns substantially similar. The next best option I think is the Mitch Rosen Express line Upper Limit, or maybe some offerings from Fist. I also will look at the Desantis Speed scabbard though I don't like the belt slots, but I'll evaluate it. I emailed several custom holster makers as well as Desantis and all offer holsters for the 43 but no one really has an OWB like what I want, probably because the 43 is most commonly carried IWB or ankle.

I do have a DeSantis ankle rig for it and I like the holster part of it, if they made that in a belt mounted version minus the thumb break it'd be about perfect. It's trim to the gun and secure and very compact.

I shall keep searching...

The Safariland holster is just too big for the 43 IMO.

· Registered
1,464 Posts

· Premium Member
856 Posts
I've been carrying mine in a cross bread mini tuck.

· Registered
17,157 Posts
Have not picked one up yet because the holsters are not readily available yet. I am not big on kydex which is all I have seen offered for it.

If I can get a Done Hume leather thumbsnap OWB for it I might consider it.

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
I have a Glock 43. For a gun of that size, I actually prefer an IWB holster as it really disappears, even under a t-shirt. I got a TT Gunleather IWB.

· Registered
6,730 Posts
I have a Glock 43. For a gun of that size, I actually prefer an IWB holster as it really disappears, even under a t-shirt. I got a TT Gunleather IWB.

I saw those or something similar while searching for G43 holsters. Really nice for sure. However, I've never had an IWB holster, and I can only see me remaining with what I'm accustomed to. But dang, those are nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts