Glock Talk banner

Glock 43- why it's every day.

Tags
glock 43
6K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  Riverkilt 
#1 ·
I have slowly drifted away from the 42 and 23. I estimate that the I can carry this one pistol completely descreetly wearing whatever, going where ever (except through metal detectors). I pick out what I am going to wear that day, then I decide how I'm going to carry it. If I'm going to go walk Im wearing the 43 in a Smart Carry with a taran tactical +2 on the spare mag. If I'm going on a quick run to town, I throw it in my pocket in a Recluse two sided pocket holster. At work, it's in a smart carry. I'm sure my preferred method of carrying it will be very easy in the winter (crossbreed appendix). That holster also works well at 4 o' clock. I try to balance access and concealibilty according to the situation, and this pistol with these carry options, I believe it does everything well. There are better pistols for above the waist and for below the waist, but the 43 can do both. When the 43 is above my waist it always has the +1 taran tactical base plate. That little bit of extra length makes for a more confident draw (with my hand) than the 6 round flush mag. In my pocket (unless they are big pockets) and in the smart carry I use the 6 round mags. My hand closes into a smaller ball around the grip, which makes getting the 43 and my hand easier to get back out of the pocket or smartcarry. I feel like having one pistol I can wear anytime to be huge! And it just so happens an added benefit is that 9mm is cheaper.

I got mine on April 13. It's the same serial number prefix as the one Hickok45 used for the auction, his was number 33? and mine is one of the first 50. I have had no malfunctions and I have not been bothered by the mag issue. The ghost edge connector brought mine down to the 5.5 pounds Glock says it is. I didn't get it tested before I changed the connector, but it was heavy. Detrimentally heavy after shooting my 23. I also put on truglo tfx sights. The 43 was worth the wait for me.

See less See more
#5 ·
I agree the G43 is easier to carry than some others.

#8 ·
I don't forget where I have my 43...it isn't THAT small. There is something to be said for using the same pistol with every kind of attire. 1 pistol. 3 holsters. 4 carry locations. You can also wear the smart carry without the pistol, and move the 43 from appendix to smart carry like say....before you go into the movie theatre. I'm done with no carry zones. If you want me to not carry, wand me coming through the door....chances are I won't be going there anyway. Otherwise, I got it covered.

#10 ·
I still have mine in a carry rotation. If I just carried it (the 43) all the time I would have a bunch of "safe queens" just sitting in the safe. When the weather turns cooler I will carry the 19 more. But you are right it does do just about every thing very well.

#13 ·
The 43 isn't my EDC yet. It's only because it's not on my department's authorized carry list yet but I love it so far. I have a few single stack 9mm but so far I think this one will be my new EDC when I retire. Other than being a Glock, I think the difference for me from my other single stacks is the weight. I never thought a few oz would make such a deffrence.

#15 ·
My G43 is my EDC. The trigger was very heavy out of the box. Measured 7.8 pounds. I am not a proponent of aftermarket trigger components so I had my gunsmith, who I have been using for more than 25 years, work on the trigger for me. Pull now measures 5.4 pounds with very crips break. Since this is my EDC I do not want the trigger any lower than it is now. Love my G43.

#17 ·
I got my connector in and decided that I didn't have the tools or expertise to do the job correctly, so I took mine to my lgs and I'm really glad I did, this guy really knows Glocks and said that connector is rarely just a drop-in, so he is going to fix my 43 up for me :supergrin:.

#18 ·
My G43 is also my everyday go to gun except that I just about always pocket carry.

I don't want to be doing the Macarena lookin for my gat when it hits tha fan...

Reactions: kingcruncher
#19 ·
Love my G43 also, so far in two holsters --- DeSantis Sof-Tuck for AIWB and a Badger Concealment kydex IWB for 3:30. So far the Badger is getting most of the duty. I can clip it on in less than five seconds and pretty much forget it's there. Although I'm not a pocket carry fan, I think an Alabama kydex holster might work with some pants. Great gun. I might sell my Gen 3 Model 23 with 9mm conversion barrel and get a second G43 and more +P ammo for practice and carry.

So far, I can get along with the stock trigger. I'll be shooting this gun in lots of IDPA matches and will gradually get used to the trigger, just as I've (just about) always gotten along with other stock Glock triggers. What I could NOT get used to was the looong triggers on hammer-fired revolvers and small semi autos, so as long as it breaks like a Glock, I'm a happy camper.

#24 · (Edited)
I wish Glock could make a pistol that ejects brass efficiently. I just got back from shooting my 43. Out of 200 rounds of wwb, I took a few cases to the top of the head, one to the safety glasses, one down the back of my shirt. I got rid of my last Glock, a late Gen 3 23 for BTF. My 30S is flawless in ejection, I just wish they all were. Nevertheless I really like the 43 platform. It's my summertime shorts and flip flops EDC in a King Tuk.

#26 ·
If you're shooting quality ammo, and have a proper grip & stance, the only other possibility is the gun. I've found huge differences with the extractors in the same model Glocks. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes a very inconsistent one. That is not good QC.

#27 ·
I have a female friend (Of wife) who carries at times her S&W snubby. But she also has a really nice Sig reworked P239 in .40S&W. I have helped her get accustomed to it. I am not a SA/DA person to me the Gun empty weighs almost as much as a G26 Loaded. I also think the SIG SRT trigger (Very short Reset)Might get her into trouble. I have tried to convince her to sell it and buy a G43. She has quite a b it of 40 ammo and that I'd buy off of her. Cant seem to convince her she might do better with the Glock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.