GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Isn't it funny that both the G42 and G43 both have boxes that say 5.5 trigger pull, yet when you put a trigger scale on them they are between 9 and 11 pounds?
I don't think it is funny. I think it is a "gross misrepresentation of fact". Now days I am learning to live with that from every manufacturer.:soap:

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
Nice description of the 43. I want one eventually.

Mainly I switch between a 26, 642, and LCP as needed :)

The 43 would replace the role of my PM9, which has never achieved complete reliability for me.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
7,291 Posts
Nice to see a match for your fire.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I wish Glock could make a pistol that ejects brass efficiently. I just got back from shooting my 43. Out of 200 rounds of wwb, I took a few cases to the top of the head, one to the safety glasses, one down the back of my shirt. I got rid of my last Glock, a late Gen 3 23 for BTF. My 30S is flawless in ejection, I just wish they all were. Nevertheless I really like the 43 platform. It's my summertime shorts and flip flops EDC in a King Tuk.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I also get a couple to the head with my 43 out of about every 100 rounds, but I just put up with it, not sure of any good solution.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I also get a couple to the head with my 43 out of about every 100 rounds, but I just put up with it, not sure of any good solution.
If you're shooting quality ammo, and have a proper grip & stance, the only other possibility is the gun. I've found huge differences with the extractors in the same model Glocks. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes a very inconsistent one. That is not good QC.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have a female friend (Of wife) who carries at times her S&W snubby. But she also has a really nice Sig reworked P239 in .40S&W. I have helped her get accustomed to it. I am not a SA/DA person to me the Gun empty weighs almost as much as a G26 Loaded. I also think the SIG SRT trigger (Very short Reset)Might get her into trouble. I have tried to convince her to sell it and buy a G43. She has quite a b it of 40 ammo and that I'd buy off of her. Cant seem to convince her she might do better with the Glock.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yes, the new G43 is everything I wished it would be.

The slim/small mags are a bit for me to get a hold onto when I'm
trying for a speedy reload, but I think going to the Taran +2 will help,.
I like the stock extended mag base for carry just fine.

The G43 gives me a slimmer, faster to reload with the same power than
my slower to reload 5-shot LCR.

Not as bulky for ankle carry as my LCR, either.

Now, if the PPS that lingers around here had a mag button, instead
of that infernal mag paddle release,

it would be a hard choice between
them for concealability, but I'm more of a GLOCK guy!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I decided to drag out my Lyman trigger pull gauge and put it on the Glock 43 with the Ghost Edge Connector. The pull averaged 5.5 pounds.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
It's a great gun to carry IMO, I always carry IWB, appendix styel. Still choices, depends on how I feel/dress but both are easy to carry hidden without much issue.

Reactions: alukban

·
Registered
640 Posts
I must be one of the odd ones because I think my G26 feels heavy, even with a Wilderness Instructor belt. Kind of gets uncomfortable at times and im hoping my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 solves some of this (going from my current single clip holster to the AG 2-clip). But if it doesnt make a difference, I think I will seriously consider pursuing the G43. I really dont want to give up the 11 rounds the G26 holds and go down to 7, but man, sure would like to be comfortable more than I am.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There seems to be a trend here with the Ghost Edge connector. I love mine! I am most comfortable carrying mine crossdraw @ 10 o'clock with the holster canted at 30 degrees back.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I must be one of the odd ones because I think my G26 feels heavy, even with a Wilderness Instructor belt. Kind of gets uncomfortable at times and im hoping my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 solves some of this (going from my current single clip holster to the AG 2-clip). But if it doesnt make a difference, I think I will seriously consider pursuing the G43. I really dont want to give up the 11 rounds the G26 holds and go down to 7, but man, sure would like to be comfortable more than I am.
I can say I really like my Alien Gear 3.0 iwb holster, which I use with my 43, I have other holsters, but use this more than any others, you should like it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hybrid holster maybe?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
My G43 in a D.M. Bullard Bodyguard holster tucks right under my love handle covered with an aloha shirt....

Reactions: alukban
21 - 37 of 37 Posts