Glock Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Yep I carry the 43 everyday in my pocket with 2 spare mags in my other pocket. Can't do that with the 26 unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, because it's much more comfortable to carry a thin "single" stack, and a spare mag or two on the off side, than a chunky double stack.

If you're carrying a G26, why not just carry a G19 instead? :p
:agree:

For my carry needs, I find the benefit of concealment greater from G26 to G43, than from G19 to G26. I find the G19 (as often as possible) / G43 (when a G19 won't do) to be a perfect set of options.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
After putting through about 600 rounds or more since I bought it, my 43 does daily duty in a pancake holster at a 5 O'clock position. At the range yesterday, I used 100 rounds of Hornaby as well as 250 WWB. All shot well and on target very accurately. Best carry I ever had for the hot weather here in Florida. I carry a spare magazine with the +3 Taran Tactical Pad.

After watching the horror in DC last week, would you feel comfortable carrying a G43 ? I feel you need more ammo available. If I am carrying a G43 and an extra clip, why not just carry a G26 instead?
A G43 is still better than running or curling up in the fetal position. Besides, I prefer to use magazines in my G43, as I find them to be a more effective means of feeding ammunition. :tongueout:

After watching the horror in DC last week, would you feel comfortable carrying a G43 ? I feel you need more ammo available. If I am carrying a G43 and an extra clip, why not just carry a G26 instead?

The extra "clip" is easy to carry. Having said that, I'm fine with 7 rounds. The extra four rounds in the G26 is not enough to deal with thicker frame and a thicker and heavier slide for no reason.

I haven't had any comfort issues shooting my G43. I load my own practice ammo and load them to the same spec as my carry load (124gr +P HST), usually only shoot a couple hundred max in a given session though, but no issues with sore fingers, etc.

It did take me a while to get reasonably competent with the G43, probably owing to the size of the gun. After a few thousand rounds, I would say while still slightly short of my double stack Glocks or my G42, it it definitely acceptable for carry use.

I have tried many of the magazine extensions (MagGuts, Taran +1, +2, etc.) and the only one I tried that will feed my chosen HST carry round without fail is the Pearce +1. I prefer a flat base magazine inside my belt, so the Pearce +1 is on the spare only. Not the smallest 9mm carry option, but certainly the best for me now.
How do you like shooting the 43 vs 42? And, is it easier to be accurate with the 43 or 42?

My wife and I rented a 43 a while back. Both of us were highly impressed and shot some of our best off hand groups. I find the 42 to be extremely accurate and my best 15 yard off hand group was with the 42 I carry.

Very, but it depends upon how proficient you are with it. Which handgun are you most proficient with? Carry that one if possible. I rented a 43 a while back and I found it to be amazingly accurate for me. Perhaps more so than any other pistol. But it was a short trial and maybe the next day I would do rather poor with it.

I most often carry a 42. I would not if I couldn't shoot it as well as my other handguns. Plus, as small as those magazines are, I can easily carry six or more spares. I never carry only one. I have quite often carried more than sixty rounds with my 42. And it was still damn lite! The last time that I was almost in a gun fight (fortunately I was not at home where it would have occurred), it would have been me against three. I am carrying extra magazines no matter what the gun and even when at home.

How do you like shooting the 43 vs 42? And, is it easier to be accurate with the 43 or 42?

My wife and I rented a 43 a while back. Both of us were highly impressed and shot some of our best off hand groups. I find the 42 to be extremely accurate and my best 15 yard off hand group was with the 42 I carry.
For me, I don't think there is a pocket gun in existence that I will shoot as well as my G42. Even with the hot UW "+P" loads, she is a dream. The G43 has gotten better over time, but still not quite to my G42 standards. For me, either a little larger grip (like a double stack) or a little more weight, I think gets me in my comfort zone with +p 9mm (my chosen 9mm carry load).

I'm bedazzled or mystified by the 43 whichever you call it the 43 has a spell on me, I can't put my finger on why that is but its the gun I always end up shooting at the range and I always carry it with a Tulster holster 5 o'clock don't even notice it. Most of the time when I get home I can't help but to unload it and keep it by my side holding and dry firing it, I have many other Glocks but the little 43 always has my attention.

I have over 1200 rounds through it and like member WeeWilly it also took me awhile to shoot it well enough to carry, it seems to shoot 115gr most accurate for me the Barnes 115 Tac XPD shoots exceptionally well after that the 147's are second best.

For me, I don't think there is a pocket gun in existence that I will shoot as well as my G42. Even with the hot UW "+P" loads, she is a dream. The G43 has gotten better over time, but still not quite to my G42 standards. For me, either a little larger grip (like a double stack) or a little more weight, I think gets me in my comfort zone with +p 9mm (my chosen 9mm carry load).
Thanks for your input. We only shot a few rounds of a rather lite FMJ load thru the 43 we rented, no +P. With those lite loads it performed very well. We probably had some of the tightest off hand groups, particularly my wife. I wondered how well it would be with a stouter load. It fit my wife's and my hands better than the 42 as we both have long fingers.

I agree with you in principal, but frankly, we (and they) were extremely lucky that handguns were able to successfully be used in a rifle fight. That isn't common and in general, no handgun is a match for that. However, it's the world we live in which brings me back to my principal agreement.
They were fortunate that the shooter was incompetent. Even with an open sighted SKS, had he positioned himself better, he would have been able to sweep the field and fire into the dugouts from a distance that would have made suppression by return pistol fire much more difficult.

I took my 43 to the range three times last week and enjoyed the heck out of shooting it. I have to be vigilant on where I place my finger so it doesn't get chewed up on the trigger.

I like the ETS 7 and 9 round mags for the range.
I think that the problem is the trigger safety. The one on my 43 was razor thin because the casting wasn't quite right. I sanded it smooth and rounded the front edge with a little wet-or-dry 200 grit and that alleviated the problem, somewhat. If it continues to annoy me the 43 may be replaced with a PPS 2, as I avoid trying to 'fix' a pistol with aftermarket parts. One would think that Glock would have a better execution of their design by now.

They were fortunate that the shooter was incompetent. Even with an open sighted SKS, had he positioned himself better, he would have been able to sweep the field and fire into the dugouts from a distance that would have made suppression by return pistol fire much more difficult.
Can't deny your point as he could have been completely incompetent. However, we can't know for sure because he didn't anticipate being confronted by lethal force. Therefore, didn't position to defend against it. I'm so happy and thankful he was wrong.

Reactions: Quade
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.