Glock 43 upgrade

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lepoisson, Oct 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. lepoisson

lepoisson

I own a Glock 26 already and have been thinking of getting a Glock 43. I find the 26 to be really comfortable to carry, but the lighter and thinner 43 would carry easier for quick runs out.

Those that owned/have owned the 43, did you find it different enough from the 26 to warrant the purchase?

2. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

I have heard the complaint it is really lacking for quick drive-bys.

No one likes to have to reload then drive-by again.

smokey45 likes this.

3. lepoisson

lepoisson

Yeah, I think for drive bys I'd prefer my Glock 17 with the 33rnd mag. Or an AK.

4. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

Yes glock 43 rocks dude !!

5. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Drive by are nothing to joke about, I recall a warm summer day in lovely Watts, LA County, CA back in 1977. Was driving to my next service stop to drop off a sepena. Heard the sounds of gun fire very close to me, turning the cornor some poor kids was laying in the street with his body riddled with bullets & dead.

All I could do was put out a discription of the vechicle that did the shooting after talking to some said they say the car that did the shooting, and wait for th SO & LAPD to arrive and decide who case it was.

6. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

I owned two 43's and sold them both. The 43 is too big for pocket carry and too small for belt carry.

Two weeks ago I bought a second 42.

153 likes this.
  7. HGxyz

HGxyz

A high quality gun and enough easier to carry than the 26 to make it worthwhile.

8. Rankor

Rankor

With a 19 or a 26 appendix carry, I could tell it was there. With a 43, less so; it just disappears.

9. 1892

Was a G-26 fanboy for over two decades...picked up a G-43 and never looked back. The G-26 is a great weapon, but the G-43 is a great BUG/EDC....just my lousy opinion...

glock-fan likes this.
  10. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

Yes, IMO, the G43 is different enough to warrant purchasing. More so when you handle it and shoot it vs. specs comparison. The G26 Gen4 (love it!) remains my primary CCW but, the G43 (like it) fills a niche from time to time as you have stated for those "quick runs out". Good luck.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

I notice a difference between carrying the G26 and the G43.

12. glock-fan

glock-fan

I agree with 1982. I sold my g26 after getting the g43. To the op yes there is a difference in weight, size, handling..you should try one before you buy it that's what I did and don't regret it.

slimgoodman likes this.
  13. Occam's Phaser

Occam's Phaser

It doesn't matter as long as you hold it sideways. Ymmv.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

14. Big Kohle

Big Kohle

Yes, the difference is well worth the cost.

15. diamondd2

diamondd2

Notice a lot of G26's coming up for sale in the classifieds? I do.

tic-tok-GLOCK likes this.
  16. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Yes. For me the 26 is too thick for comfortable IWB carry. The 43 is barely noticeable to me.

slimgoodman likes this.
  17. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

For the longest time, I had been occasionally comparing the specs on the two and thinking, really Glock?, that's all you could cut? This difference between the two is minimal! Well, yesterday, decided to go to my favorite indoor range/LGS that had just opened the door from a 6 month MAJOR overhaul of the facility. They are open, but with limited inventory for the next couple of weeks.

One of the things that they did have was a Glock 43. I asked to take a look at it, and the moment I got my hands on it, that gun was coming home with me! While not much difference on paper, in the hand it is night and day. 100 rounds of 115 gr target ammo and 50 of 147 gr HST II down the pipe yesterday afternoon without so much as a hiccup. It's a keeper. Crossbreed holster and 3 extra mags/4 pierce grip +1 extensions already ordered and inbound. The trigger is going to need a bit of work, however, its pretty stout, but that will wait for a bit more break in....

YMMV

Lon

18. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I have other Glocks, and my G27 has served as an ankle pistol for some time. I rented a G43 at a range and spent some time shooting it, and came away intending to buy one. I put one on layaway, but received one as a gift in the meantime. After fifteen hundred trouble free rounds through it, I'm quite happy with the G43. It rides under a tucked tee shirt in a remora holster, stays put, and can stay there all day without any worry. For times when I don't want to put a G29 or G30 under an untucked shirt, the G43 is great.

It's the same size as a G26/27, but thinner. The thinner profile is dandy for inside the waistband, and it would be a light pistol on the ankle.

19. Bradley T

Bradley T

20. Bradley T

Bradley T

Perfect for carrying on belt. One can drive, cycle, run with it on and it's barely noticeable.

slimgoodman likes this.