Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that after a dry fire the glock 43 stay back, towads rear. It does not reset because slide has not moved. I like the way this works because you can easily see the gun does not have a round in the chamber. Do any mfgs triggers work this way?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I believe this is pretty standard for most striker-fired pistols. When you move into the SA/DA pistols, then you have a trigger return spring that makes the trigger appear ready to fire regardless of what is in the chamber.

·
Registered
156 Posts
While true, this condition could also happen if you had a failure to fire (hard primer etc) which would leave a live round in the chamber. Fully racking the slide would eject this unfired round, but it is possible to partial rack the slide and reset the striker without ejecting the round. I do this often when dry firing with a snap-cap.

Point is, don't trust that just because the trigger is back the chamber is empty and safe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While true, this condition could also happen if you had a failure to fire (hard primer etc) which would leave a live round in the chamber. Fully racking the slide would eject this unfired round, but it is possible to partial rack the slide and reset the striker without ejecting the round. I do this often when dry firing with a snap-cap.

Point is, don't trust that just because the trigger is back the chamber is empty and safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts