Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I'm in the camp that says - 'don't fix something that ain't broke!'

I, too, just got a new G43 and shot it for the first time on Saturday after an IDPA match (shooting my G19). The gun shoots just fine, so why would I want to risk increasing my odds of malfunctions with aftermarket parts? I wouldn't.

On the other hand, I'm primarily shooting IDPA matches and BUG matches with all three of my handguns, not bullseye matches. Shooting well under pressure is a much better measure of the owners' skill, not the trigger mechanism itself, when the gun is mainly used for concealed carry. I agree with one of the posters who said spend the money you would spend on a new trigger and buy ammo and pay for match fees if this is going to be a CC gun.

My 2 cents.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,330 Posts
I have tested three aftermarket triggers for G43 - Overwatch DAT; Overwatch Falx and Apex, and shot a few thousand rounds with each.

Overwatch TAC trigger reduced trigger pre-travel noticeably. Apex trigger shoe also reduced the pre-travel some but not as much as Overwatch TAC did. They both felt OK but did not significantly improve my subjective trigger experience because my index finger is so used to feeling curved triggers that those flat triggers felt a little strange.

Overwatch Falx trigger reduced the pre-travel as much as the TAC trigger did, and it felt much more natural to my index finger. Personally I liked Overwatch Falx trigger the best. However, I’m now back to the stock trigger and stock “minus” connector with $0.25 polish job because personally I tend to like the long pre-travel of the stock trigger for my carry gun. YMMV

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.