Glock 43 SSVI Tyr Trigger

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Farbs, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Farbs

Farbs

After a couple thousand rounds with G43 I decided I needed to tame the trigger and trigger safety. I trimmed the protruding safety down flush but still didn't feel like I was purchasing the whole trigger. Therefore decided to take the plunge and ordered SSVI trigger with OEM bar. Emailed Damon, owner, and he responded within 30 min. on a Sunday!!! Wanted to know if it drops the trigger weight at all and he stated none. That put me at ease as this is a CCW.

Can't wait till I take her out and try out the new trigger. I am planning to get pre and post trigger weights.

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Why afraid of dropping weight?

3. Farbs

Farbs

My issuing agency does not allow reducing weight of trigger pull.

Given that the only thing changing is the shoe and all internals remain OEM, I would be surprised if pull drops.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  4. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'm surprised they allow any trigger mods at all.

5. Farbs

Farbs

Any change or modification to the weapon that makes it unsafe will result in revoking your license, such as changing trigger pull. What they don't want is ND. I have one of my ccw with red dot, grip stippling and ported barrel and wasn't an issue. All internals OEM however, not even polishing.

Hence trigger shoe is not an issue as long as it doesn't affect safeties on the pistol. SSVI and Apex don't. There was a very long thread that goes thru a lot of the triggers and trigger shoes:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Glock-trigger-Pull-up-a-chair-and-come-inside

Great thread!

tic-tok-GLOCK likes this.
  6. Farbs

Farbs

Just received the SSVI trigger last night. First impressions: OEM G43 trigger bar, unpolished. The trigger shoe is very nicely machined and anodized. It is a fairly wide trigger, not quite as wide as the Apex shoe but close. I would say it is somewhat a hybrid between a curved trigger and a flat trigger shoe. The trigger safety has a very nice spring to it and sits flush when depressed.

Will be doing pull weights before and after and installing later tonight.

7. Farbs

Farbs

The shoe is installed with OEM internals. I used digital Lyman pull on the trigger before and after install. The averages were pretty much the same with OEM shoe and SSVI shoe. What was different was very interesting. The pulls were much more consistent with the SSVI wheres with the OEM they were all over the place, mid to high 4 and up to mid 5. The OEM is more curved and depending on where you put the LYMAN you get different pull weights. With the SSVI your finger and the gauge consistently sat in the same spot. Therefore the pull weight were all at 4lb 15oz and 5 lbs.

Drop safety intact as mentioned the trigger bar is unchanged.

Will see how it is with live fire.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  8. bac1023

bac1023

Good luck with it