Glock 43 slide is it hard ro rack?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CBennett, Aug 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CBennett

CBennett

Came down to 2 guns at roughly the same price point for the wife(around the $350 range) the Glock 43 is one of them. the other gun she has no problem racking the slide(EAA Pavona in 9mm) we have not got ahold of the 43 yet to see if she can rack the slide on that....im guessing based off my Glock 23 I used to have that she had trouble with the slide on that the 43 wont be any better and possibly worse..but before we ruled it out I wanted to ask. She isnt a shooter per say I can get her to the range a few times a year..I certainly dont think she would remember(in a high pressure situation) and fancy techniques on how to rack it if it came down to that..I know on the EAA she can just do it..its not a problem for her....so I am doing my due diligence in asking about the slide..thanks in advance guys.

2. glock-fan

glock-fan

Some guns are hard to rack specially when they are new and with a fully loaded mag. That was the case of my g30s, but haven't noticed that on my g43, maybe it needs to be broken in.

3. IowaLefty

IowaLefty

I think it is the easier of the Glocks I own to rack. My wife shot my 43 this weekend for the first time and loved it. She had no trouble racking the slide. She doesn't shoot a lot either. In fact she liked my 43 so much she claimed it as hers and I am going to have to pick up another one. That's fine with me, as she shot it very well and wants to shoot more.

CBennett likes this.
  4. clamcop369

clamcop369

78 yrs, 4 right shoulder ops and Injections every 3 mos. No trouble racking 43 slide. I see the "Glock Store" is advertising a new RSA that's even easier to rack.

5. 17glock17

17glock17

6. NCSHP311

NCSHP311 G19, G26

Way easier than a standard Glock.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

I never really paid attention but it certainly seems no more difficult at all and my guess is the thinner slide would allow for a better grip with smaller hands. Still I agree it is best to have her try one before purchasing.

8. HGxyz

HGxyz

I wonder if she is using the best technique - off hand over the top, push with the strong hand. If she is trying to "pinch" the slide with thumb and index finger, she might try it the other way and get better results.

9. CBennett

CBennett

Yeah i just want to be sure she can rack it without and special techniques she may forget in a panic situation. She cant rack the slide at all on my Ruger sr9c and she had trouble with the Glock 23 (before i traded it in on the sr9c). She doesnt train or really shoot enough to remember something like a push pull technique..i know this as it's what i tried to teach her with the glock 23..and a month and a half after showing her we would go to the range and she would be like...now how does that work again as she had forgotten.. so what i was looking for was one she can rack. ..naturally how ever she does it :)

10. TN.Frank

TN.Frank "Don't Tread On Me!"

I went to GlockMeister today to get some magazine extended base plates and while I was there I took a look at the G43 and I'm going to have to eat some of my words, it IS actually a pretty nice little gun that's thinner then my G26 by enough to make it a slightly better choice for CCW when things get tight. The slide wasn't all that hard to rack and even my big hands fit onto the grip with the mag in place. I'd not mind pickin' one up for deeper CCW when things just won't allow my G26 or G39.

11. snorth

snorth

Every time I use the hand over the top technique (on the 43) the empty comes up and hits my hand / wrist and drops right back down into the chamber area causing a jam. Doesn't happen on my other glocks but because the 43's slide is so short (combined with my big hands) it has forced me to resort to the slingshot method.(thumb and index finger)

12. tyman1876

tyman1876

Women... I feel your pain brother

CBennett likes this.
  13. CBennett

CBennett

Thanks guys looks like its definitely worth looking into so i think we will wait a bit on the purchase till we can get our hands on a 43 for her to try.

14. IowaLefty

IowaLefty

If you are located anywhere near SE Iowa, you are welcome to shoot mine anytime.

15. usnret

usnret

Remove the magazine first. Then it will drop down.

16. snorth

snorth

I was referring to tap rack bang drills using dummy rounds.

17. zennashton

zennashton

My wife has no problem with the slide but that does not mean your want. I think is easy myself. However my wife's main carry is a g19 very close to a g23.