Glock 43 Shoulder Holster

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Meeteetse, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Meeteetse

Meeteetse God's Country

For various reasons I cannot wear a belt holster and have chosen to use a shoulder holster for CCW. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that is making a shoulder holster for the new G43. I prefer the vertical carry or up-side-down version. The gun is light weight so I don't want a holster that is heavier than the gun. Thin and light weight would be good.

I know the gun is new, but it is just a small semi-auto and I guess I thought there would be more variety available. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Hope to hear a report when you get it. Does the offside strap wrap around the strong arm and back, or does it clip onto the belt? Personally I'd prefer that latter, like the old Biancli Phantom.

4. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

No, it's a wrap around design as opposed to clip on.

Ken Null makes a clip on style if you are interested in that type. I have one for the Glock 26.

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

No, I'm more interested in the wrap around style. Again, looking forward to your impressions. Thanks.

6. XNDR17C

XNDR17C NRA Member

I see you mention vertical or upside down. Check out Falco holsters. They list several vertical carry models in left and right carry for the 43

http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/gun-holsters/shoulder-holsters/leather.html

But if anyone's interested in a horizontal carry, I've been using a Galco Executive for a 26. There is an adjustment screw to snug up the fit and the 43 fits perfectly. It's a beautifully made holster and the brass clip holds on tight.

[​IMG]

Current Resident and nursetim like this.
  7. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

does your method of dress permit a shoulder holster?

8. Meeteetse

Meeteetse God's Country

Generally yes. I have adapted to the shoulder holster and find that I can wear one quite nicely even when lightly dressed, if the rig isn't too bulky. I do find that vertical works better than horizontal however

9. MJG19

MJG19

Its too bad this thread is derailed with talk of holsters for the G43 that are not vertical shoulder holsters as I have the same question.

I see the Falco one online but cannot locate photos of someone actually WEARING the item anywhere on the internet.

Anyone point me to photos of that? saw a Youtube video of it, but no one was actually wearing the holster in the video.

I don't understand the horizontal carry shoulder holster. On my motorcycle this means my gun would be pointed directly at my passenger the entire ride. So unsafe for them and others.

10. MJG19

MJG19

11. Pier23

Pier23

Uh.... Alternately you could blow off your shoulder in the event of a discharge...

But I have been looking for either vertical or inverted rigs also, and they are hard to find. Don't know why...???

12. Glock 23 Nutter

Glock 23 Nutter

13. Meeteetse

Meeteetse God's Country

Is that suggestion supposed to be funny?

14. MJG19

MJG19

well someone is buying them, they're all over the internet.

I ended up purchasing one of these:

http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/...ter-with-double-magazine-pouche-it-71-22.html

yea, takes 2 months, but tired of having my pants drop each time I take a piss at a bar and the gun pulls them down. I have a vest on most of the time in summer anyway (on a Harley)

15. Glock 23 Nutter

Glock 23 Nutter

Only if you're James Bond.

Nutter

gadgetnut259 likes this.
  16. ARP

ARP

Did you get the tie down strap with yours? I ordered one(holster) too for a CZ P-09, a heavy gun, and did not order the strap, Going to call tomorrow and order one for the K400.

17. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

I did not order the strap. Still awaiting the holster, so I will decide once it arrives. Thanks for the heads up.

18. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

OK so I have had the two Kirkpatrick shoulder rigs for about a week now. One is for a 1911 (since it is open ended it fits all lengths) and the other is for the Glock 43. I have carried both the Wilson Combat Bill Wilson Carry and the CQB Commander in this rig to good effect. Both are very well made, maybe not as slick as the Miami Vice rig, but very well made.

What was nice was I gave them my suit jacket size and both were adjusted perfectly for my fit right out of the box. I can't believe it, but they are more comfortable than the old standby Galco rig. In my opinion it comes down to is the weight difference.

Without the heft of the two spare magazines on the non gun side, the Kirkpatrick rig is very comfortable to wear all day long. I thought the lack of a counterweight would be a problem, but that did not turn out to be true. The 1911 prints more than the G43 of course, but the G43 disappears very nicely indeed. The holster stays put so well that I don't feel a need for the tie down option. I won't be picking it up.

I had originally ordered one complete shoulder holster for the 1911 and a spare fitted holster for the G43. I amended that to two full rigs and am very happy that I did so. At $120 each I think they are a good value. If you have back issues and find the Miami Vice uncomfortable, this might be the solution you were looking for.

deputy tom likes this.
  19. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

For what it's worth, I have a quick comment.....

I have had vertical shoulder holsters in the past, but now have a couple of horizontal shoulder holsters. I don't wear a SH that often, but I find that I'm now using one every time I go to the theater. Vertical SH's don't work very well from a seated position, while a horizontal is perfect.

hogship out.....

20. Meeteetse

Meeteetse God's Country

Perhaps it is just my weird way of thinking but I have a problem with the horizontal Miami Vice type holster just because it is pointing a loaded weapon at who or whatever is behind me. I do agree the horizontal is more comfortable when seated, but muzzle control is a big thing for me.