Glock Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
@Desert_Thunder I think it is really difficult to say how many rounds a citizen will need in a given situation. As non-Leos, we don't choose the scenarios, the situations choose us. What I really don't want to do is have to reload from concealed if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Hope the Vickers works for you okay. I've got Pearce +1 with the extension for the little finger. Has worked just fine so far. Give us an update after a couple of hundred or more rounds. Maybe I'll give them a try....

And....Welcome to Glock Talk from Indiana.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,288 Posts
You'd be shocked. 😆

However, yeah the 43 is going to serve you well. Rocking mine today. I simply carry two spares with it most days. Sometimes, like today, just one spare. I found easy ways to IWB two spare mags, and mine are the Pearce +1s, so I have 15 total with one spare, or 22 if I carry two spares. Yeah, a 365 would have 21 with just one spare 10 rounder, but I just love the 43.

I love Glock's minimalist, simple lines, and have always found them to be very attractive guns. I think the 43 is the pinnacle of Glock Hotness. Not to mention it's a solid performer. The reliability issues I had were all from messing around with Mag extensions. I can not say in good faith that the pistol itself, has ever had a failure, with all OEM magazines.
You really do sound like a G43 fanboy!:ROFLMAO:

·
G43 Fanboy
3,288 Posts
I think the 43, 43x/48 are all technically Gen 5, though have some unique characteristics. It is my understanding that one of the main things, if not the main thing, that separates a Gen 4 and a Gen 5 is the trigger housing. On a Gen 5 the the cruciform on the trigger bar slides into a "channel" that has a self contained trigger spring while Gen 4's and earlier have a spring that attaches directly to the trigger bar and then attaches to the trigger housing. Housing and trigger bar from 43x shown 1st image below. A Gen 4, shown subsequently has a spring that connects the trigger bar to the trigger housing, as shown.

View attachment 1030527

View attachment 1030528
Yep. The new TMH is one of the few updates (along with the new coil Slide Lock and Slide Stop springs) that I really appreciate. Unlike the old grigger spring, the new spring can last much longer. Even when the new trigger spring inside the new TMH breaks literally into two pieces, the gun will still continue to function reliably. (See, Keep your Glock parts handy!) That is a huge improvement over the older generations!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
While we're talking 43's, if someone knows of a deal for a 43 frame (and mags?) I'd love to know where I can get one without breaking the bank. A couple places had them for $45 at one time and now, logically, are out of stock.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,288 Posts
The only place I can think of for the G43 frame is Big Tex Ordnance but it is currently sold out…. For G43 magazines, check out Boatach.com. It is now sold for $19.98.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I too really enjoy my 43. I carry it with the Pearce +1 ext and extra power mag springs. This gives me a full grip and doesn't compromise concealment. I do use the Vickers +2 on my spare mags, and they have performed without issue, however I find them slightly harder to conceal. I really need to check out the Mag-guts +2

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally picked up a new 43 to replace my ancient Keltec P11 for deep concealment. It's hard to believe I put up with that long heavy trigger for over 20 years, but onto better things and the Keltec can now rest in the bottom of the safe. The most amazing thing about the 43 is that it truly captures the essence of what a Glock is, but at what seems like half scale compared to my G17. Reliability has been 100% after several hundred rounds as expected, and the biggest surprise by far is the accuracy. My Glocks have never been my most accurate pistols, (I know most of that is my brain despite my best efforts), but I still managed a 25 yard group right at 4", just barely bigger than my better Gen 5 G17 groupings. This is the most accurate subcompact I've ever shot at 25 yards.

My lone issue is that with my fat fingers, my pinky is just barely on the mag extension, so that when the gun is fired it slips off leaving me with a two finger grip. This makes for an awkward recovery / readjustment after every shot. At closer ranges it's not as big of a deal but at range it really hurts. Yes it's a CCW gun but I always enjoy shooting at longer distances, for entertainment. I've had a few people recommend Vickers +2 extensions so I ordered them and will give them a try, but I wanted to see if anyone here has installed and put several hundred rounds through them and can share their experiences. While I own handguns from different manufacturers, I prefer Glock reliability for carry, and don't want to do anything to screw with that. I like this gun so much that if I just had another half inch of grip I could seriously carry it as an open carry / main pistol.

Another question, the store I purchased from last week claimed this was a Gen 5 pistol, but I've also been told that it's actually a Gen 4 gun. What is the truth?

Commenting on the Gen 4/5 issue: The G43 was superseded by the G43X and is listed on the Glock website as a "New Issue", which to most means a G5 Gen even though it is not classed as either a G4 or G5. If you have a G43 you have the prior generation of the model. I have 3 G43X and I can confirm there are several notable differences between the G43 and the G43X.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
On my 26 I just curl the little finger under the mag base plate, which locks the gun in pretty well.
I myself never saw the logic of getting a small gun, then adding stuff to it to make it bigger- just get the bigger gun to begin with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I finally picked up a new 43 to replace my ancient Keltec P11 for deep concealment. It's hard to believe I put up with that long heavy trigger for over 20 years, but onto better things and the Keltec can now rest in the bottom of the safe. The most amazing thing about the 43 is that it truly captures the essence of what a Glock is, but at what seems like half scale compared to my G17. Reliability has been 100% after several hundred rounds as expected, and the biggest surprise by far is the accuracy. My Glocks have never been my most accurate pistols, (I know most of that is my brain despite my best efforts), but I still managed a 25 yard group right at 4", just barely bigger than my better Gen 5 G17 groupings. This is the most accurate subcompact I've ever shot at 25 yards.

My lone issue is that with my fat fingers, my pinky is just barely on the mag extension, so that when the gun is fired it slips off leaving me with a two finger grip. This makes for an awkward recovery / readjustment after every shot. At closer ranges it's not as big of a deal but at range it really hurts. Yes it's a CCW gun but I always enjoy shooting at longer distances, for entertainment. I've had a few people recommend Vickers +2 extensions so I ordered them and will give them a try, but I wanted to see if anyone here has installed and put several hundred rounds through them and can share their experiences. While I own handguns from different manufacturers, I prefer Glock reliability for carry, and don't want to do anything to screw with that. I like this gun so much that if I just had another half inch of grip I could seriously carry it as an open carry / main pistol.

Another question, the store I purchased from last week claimed this was a Gen 5 pistol, but I've also been told that it's actually a Gen 4 gun. What is the truth?
good choice .,... however the 43x is a GREAT choice

·
Registered
615 Posts

I now have at least 1000 rounds through Vickers +2 extensions. I love my little 43. My experience in regard to accuracy continues to be similar to yours. For whatever reason, it just fits right and shoots great. Other than my 340pd, it is my most carried Glock. Just a great little gun

21 - 34 of 34 Posts