Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The 43 and other Slim Line models are neither Gen 4 nor Gen 5, but they are sort of their own generation between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Though some vendors put them in the “Gen 4” category, I think they have most of the features of Gen 5, except the ambi slide stop/release lever and the notorious black surface coating that wears off after firing the very first round. So, they are probably closer to Gen 5 than Gen 4…
I think the 43, 43x/48 are all technically Gen 5, though have some unique characteristics. It is my understanding that one of the main things, if not the main thing, that separates a Gen 4 and a Gen 5 is the trigger housing. On a Gen 5 the the cruciform on the trigger bar slides into a "channel" that has a self contained trigger spring while Gen 4's and earlier have a spring that attaches directly to the trigger bar and then attaches to the trigger housing. Housing and trigger bar from 43x shown 1st image below. A Gen 4, shown subsequently has a spring that connects the trigger bar to the trigger housing, as shown.

Black Air gun Trigger Material property Gun barrel

Hand Finger Thumb Wrist Wood

Reactions: Desert_Thunder

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
@Desert_Thunder I think it is really difficult to say how many rounds a citizen will need in a given situation. As non-Leos, we don't choose the scenarios, the situations choose us. What I really don't want to do is have to reload from concealed if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
While we're talking 43's, if someone knows of a deal for a 43 frame (and mags?) I'd love to know where I can get one without breaking the bank. A couple places had them for $45 at one time and now, logically, are out of stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts