Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
Welcome to GT and welcome to the G43 Fanboys Club!:LOL:
I have Vickers+2 on a couple of my “02” mags, but have only shot about 50 rounds of 124gr HST +P with those mags (because I mostly use MagGuts+1 and MagGuts+2 for my G43s). So far, I have not experienced any reliability issue with Vickers+2, though.

I also use Vickers+2 for my G42 on a couple of spare mags. I have tested at least two hundred rounds of JHP ammo with those mags, and have not experienced any issue whatsoever. I think Vickers+2 for G42 and G43 both have pretty good track records, we usually see positive reviews about them.

The 43 and other Slim Line models are neither Gen 4 nor Gen 5, but they are sort of their own generation between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Though some vendors put them in the “Gen 4” category, I think they have most of the features of Gen 5, except the ambi slide stop/release lever and the notorious black surface coating that wears off after firing the very first round. So, they are probably closer to Gen 5 than Gen 4…

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
Before I bought my first ever Glock (i.e., Gen Glock 19) years ago, my very first CCW was a S&W 5906. When I found a Kel-Tec P-11 at a local gun show, I bought it to go with my 5906. It served me as my summer CCW for a while, but boy! Did I hate the looong and heavy trigger!:LOL: So, I had replaced P-11 with a S&W 3913.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Kel-Tec P-11 was as small as or could be even smaller than the SIG P365. But I would take choose my G43 over the P-11 any day and all day.;)

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
I still have my 5906 as well. My old agency allowed us to purchase them when we transitioned to the M&P. I carried a 3913 for a very, very short time. They issued it to detectives. I was working narcs and anyone with a stainless Smith was just advertising that they were cops. So kept up with my Taurus 606, a super shiny, bobbed hammer, DAO .357 mag. No one thought that was a cop gun. Still, if you have the P-11 the M*Carbo kit and trigger upgrade are worth it. Now having said that I would take my G43 over my P-11 as well. I like my P-11, we have history together. Now I'm making that with my G43. I wish it was available in '99.
I sold my P-11 more than 20 years ago. I just could not get over the trigger, and I knew why the previous owner (a retired cop) wanted to sell the gun at a gun show.:LOL: Oh, I also did not like those plastic sights, but unlike Glocks, nice aftermarket sights were not available for the P-11 at least back then… I still have those S&W semi-auto pistols in the safe, though I have not fired them for many years…

Yes, I wish we had the G43 in 1999, too. Back then, my summer EDC was still my Gen 3 G26… Much lighter and concealable than my Gen 19 that I was also carry back then, but the G26 still felt pretty heavy and bulky…. I’m now very happy with my two G43s with MagGuts+1 and MagGuts+2.:)

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
You'd be shocked. 😆

However, yeah the 43 is going to serve you well. Rocking mine today. I simply carry two spares with it most days. Sometimes, like today, just one spare. I found easy ways to IWB two spare mags, and mine are the Pearce +1s, so I have 15 total with one spare, or 22 if I carry two spares. Yeah, a 365 would have 21 with just one spare 10 rounder, but I just love the 43.

I love Glock's minimalist, simple lines, and have always found them to be very attractive guns. I think the 43 is the pinnacle of Glock Hotness. Not to mention it's a solid performer. The reliability issues I had were all from messing around with Mag extensions. I can not say in good faith that the pistol itself, has ever had a failure, with all OEM magazines.
You really do sound like a G43 fanboy!:ROFLMAO:

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
I think the 43, 43x/48 are all technically Gen 5, though have some unique characteristics. It is my understanding that one of the main things, if not the main thing, that separates a Gen 4 and a Gen 5 is the trigger housing. On a Gen 5 the the cruciform on the trigger bar slides into a "channel" that has a self contained trigger spring while Gen 4's and earlier have a spring that attaches directly to the trigger bar and then attaches to the trigger housing. Housing and trigger bar from 43x shown 1st image below. A Gen 4, shown subsequently has a spring that connects the trigger bar to the trigger housing, as shown.

View attachment 1030527

View attachment 1030528
Yep. The new TMH is one of the few updates (along with the new coil Slide Lock and Slide Stop springs) that I really appreciate. Unlike the old grigger spring, the new spring can last much longer. Even when the new trigger spring inside the new TMH breaks literally into two pieces, the gun will still continue to function reliably. (See, Keep your Glock parts handy!) That is a huge improvement over the older generations!

·
G43 Fanboy
3,026 Posts
The only place I can think of for the G43 frame is Big Tex Ordnance but it is currently sold out…. For G43 magazines, check out Boatach.com. It is now sold for $19.98.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts