Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree with the Glock 43 fanboys club statement. I truly enjoy mine as an EDC. I like to shoot it and it doesn't beat me up the way my Shield9 2.0 used to. It is light enough that I can get around in sweatpants and not worry that the weight is going to be an issue and it is more than enough gun for me. I would carry it as my duty gun if it were authorized but currently that job falls to my G27 because of policies and SOP. Thanks to Streamlight I have a TLR-6 attached to it and swapped out the front sight for a fiber-optic one. I have upgraded both of my factory mags with the Vickers +2. I also have a flush fit (6 round) 2A mag and an ETS 12 round mag. I have had zero issues with any of these.

As to the P-11, it becomes a much better gun when you put the M*Carbo kit and a wider (I went with a Northwood) trigger kit into it. I could never do that when I carried one in the late 90's - early '00's because I didn't know about the Northwood trigger until I had already transitioned to a .357 mag snubby for plain-clothed carry, and M*Carbo didn't release their kit until after I retired it to safe duty when I became a drinker of the Glock Kool-Aid.

I do have fond memories of carrying my P-11 as a back-up to my issued Smith 5906 or as my off-duty EDC. If you haven't gotten rid of your P-11 and just want to make it a better range/back-up gun; the M*Carbo kit works wonders and I think you can still find either a Northwood or Galloway Precision trigger kit out there. Also Twisted Industries makes (or made) a .22lr conversion kit for the P-11.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Before I bought my first ever Glock (i.e., Gen Glock 19) years ago, my very first CCW was a S&W 5906. When I found a Kel-Tec P-11 at a local gun show, I bought it to go with my 5906. It served me as my summer CCW for a while, but boy! Did I hate the looong and heavy trigger!:LOL: So, I had replaced P-11 with a S&W 3913.
View attachment 1027739
Kel-Tec P-11 was as small as or could be even smaller than the SIG P365. But I would take choose my G43 over the P-11 any day and all day.;)
I still have my 5906 as well. My old agency allowed us to purchase them when we transitioned to the M&P. I carried a 3913 for a very, very short time. They issued it to detectives. I was working narcs and anyone with a stainless Smith was just advertising that they were cops. So kept up with my Taurus 606, a super shiny, bobbed hammer, DAO .357 mag. No one thought that was a cop gun. Still, if you have the P-11 the M*Carbo kit and trigger upgrade are worth it. Now having said that I would take my G43 over my P-11 as well. I like my P-11, we have history together. Now I'm making that with my G43. I wish it was available in '99.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts