close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 43 mags sticking with mag release in lefty orientation

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chevelle2291, Jan 27, 2016.

1. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with their 43. I read about the magazine stick issue that was reported when the 43 was first released. My 43, in the right hand orientation for the mag release, does not have this issue.

However, I am a lefty. Curious, I switched the mag release over to the left hand orientation to give it a try. To my dismay, the mags stuck nearly every time. I even have a couple of the 01 mags, which also stuck about halfway through.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when reversing the mag release? I plan to give GLOCK a call tomorrow as I know a new release was issued for the earlier sticking problem, but I haven't read reports of the new release fixing this particular issue.

Appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

2. Messer

Messer

All I can give is my data point...

I have a new G43, it came with the -01 mags. Even though I shoot RH, I run my mag release in the traditional LH setup - I use my trigger finger to drop the mag.

I have had no issue with any of the mags I own sticking - either full or empty, they drop away clean.

Hope this helps,
    Bob S.

chevelle2291 likes this.

3. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Hey Bob,

Thanks for your input. I'm actually glad to see that there are not a ton of mag stick posts, as it most likely means Glock has an easy fix.

I should have time to reach out to Glock tomorrow. Plan to give them a call and see what they say.

4. Sonu

Sonu

Have the same issue on my 2 month old 43. Local gunstore advised an aftermarket extended mag release...but I didn't go thru with that option, yet.

Gonna follow this thread, and look forward to what Glock suggests to the OP

5. COmedic

COmedic

Same problem, lefty orientation and the mags stick the majority of the time.

6. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Sorry for the delay guys.

I have not yet reached out to GLOCK customer support - I will probably do so on Monday. I found I prefer using the index finger to drop my mags, but I still want to see what GLOCK says on this issue, as I believe the 43 was supposed to be ambi friendly with the mag releases.

I still really like my 43, and this in no way discourages that.I'll keep you guys updated.

7. Scott15453

Scott15453

My dad is a lefty, and on his 43 the mags will hang up from time to time when you put them in. I inspected the mag release and found a slight edge on the lefty side of the mag release. I took the slight edge off and it works perfectly now. I hope this helps others.

8. ThaBuzz

ThaBuzz

Same problem here. Worked great when set up for righty, but hangs when switched. Please let us know what you find out.

9. cusn

cusn

This cleared up for me after about 30 or 40 insertions. I think there is an edge that gets caught that smooths out all by itself. That's the only way I can explain it because it hasn't happened since.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  10. glide

glide Just sayin'

Check for any mold flashing that may be hanging up the magazines or magazine release. Trim as necessary.

11. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

On hold with GLOCK CS now.

Just wanted to update. I have a couple of original mags, along with two 01 mags. The 01 mags appear to work just fine. The original mags consistently hang up.

12. Sonu

Sonu

I have the 01 mags and they still stick!!

I'm gonna try switching the mag release to the right side and see if that makes any difference..

13. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Well, I finally got a hold of someone at Tech Support.

I told him that my mags that originally came with the gun, the ones without the "01," are sticking when inserted. He said that I could send those mags in and if they are the old style they will be replaced for the newer designation mags. However, when I asked for a shipping label, he said that I have to take care of the shipping to GLOCK, but they'll ship it back free of charge.

When I asked why I was being charged to ship a defective product that I bought new back to GLOCK, he didn't have an answer. Pretty unimpressive customer service, definitely not PERFECTION. With the low oem capacity, the mag stick issue, the crappy trigger weight, and lackluster service from GLOCK, I might just sell this gun off instead.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  14. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Sonu, after further experimentation, it appears that my 01 mags will also prematurely catch.

15. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

Catch going in or not dropping free I'm unclear as to which issue your having.

16. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Drop free just fine. Catch when going in. Whacks the mag catch and won't go in until I adjust the insertion angle.

17. Sonu

Sonu

That's pretty discouraging CS from Glock! Will def have a bearing when deciding on my next purchase, which is pretty soon.

My annoyance with the mag issue is slowly, but surely, gaining momentum. My mags do not drop free [loaded or unloaded] and it's a PITA when trying to swap.

18. GRR

GRR

Mag release on the left side of the frame IS lefty orientation for me. If I was a right hand shooter, I'd move the mag release to the right side of the frame if possible.

19. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

Interesting how much does the angle need to change to work?

20. chevelle2291

chevelle2291

Rather significantly. I have to back the mag out and realign.