Glock Talk banner

Glock 43 Mag insert issue? Anyone send to Glock?

6430 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  MedicineBow
So I picked a Glock 43 up when they were first released. Been to busy to get to the range until yesterday. I'm having an issue with mag getting stuck when inserting not perfectly straight. I googled and saw a bunch of other people have the issue and a bunch of DIY fix. I'd rather not mess with it myself since I plan on it being a future carry gun and just send it to Glock. I prefer carry guns to be 100% out of the box and unmodified unless done by the manufacturer.

Anyone here send there gun into glock to be fixed and get it back yet? Do you know what they do? Is there a revised magazine release? Do they just bevel the magazine release where its catching? Attaching a few pictures of my issue. On one reload it really hung up when inserted the mag and gouged the plastic on the magazine. Besides this issue ran about (150) 115 grain FMJ through and about (25) 147 grain Federal HST with zero feed or eject issues.

Attachments

See less
So I picked a Glock 43 up when they were first released. Been to busy to get to the range until yesterday. I'm having an issue with mag getting stuck when inserting not perfectly straight. I googled and saw a bunch of other people have the issue and a bunch of DIY fix. I'd rather not mess with it myself since I plan on it being a future carry gun and just send it to Glock. I prefer carry guns to be 100% out of the box and unmodified unless done by the manufacturer.

Anyone here send there...
See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Installed my replacement from the factory last week when it came in via FedEx. Looks like the guys there tok a file and made the adjustments manually. I am sure that the molds will be modified at some point and the problems will be over.

After seeing it in person, I could have just made the adjustment my self. Like you, I prefer my carry pistol to be factory spec, with the exception of night sights.

· Resident Human
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I called and they offered to send me a new magazine release. They also said to send in the magazines I want replaced and they will send new magazines.

I didn't want to do this so I told the support tech that I don't take apart my guns beyond field cleaning like indicated in the manuals. All work beyond field stripping I leave to a gunsmith. I said I don't feel comfortable installing the magazine release and worried I would would even get it back together and it would work. I'm guessing due to liability I was instantly offered a shipping label and told to send the gun and all my magazines in and they will fix it and replace any damaged magazines and make sure everything is ready to go when I receive it back.

When talking to the guy he said some of the magazine releases are at the top of the allowed tolerances and have caused this issue. Couldn't tell from his response if they have a revised magazine release now or if they just double measure the replacement and possibly manually bevel them? Guess I'll find out when I receive it back. It sound like there return time is 1-2 weeks now at most.

· Resident Human
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Received my Glock 43 back today. Was a really fast turn around! They replaced all (6) magazines sent in and I'm guessing replaced or modified the magazine catch. And no more hang up on the magazine release. Tried all angles and the mags go in nice and smooth!

Timeline:
6-23 Dropped package off at Fedex
6-24 Package delivered to Glock
6-29 Repaired package left the Glock facility
7-1 Delivered to me

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Received my Glock 43 back today. Was a really fast turn around! They replaced all (6) magazines sent in and I'm guessing replaced or modified the magazine catch. And no more hang up on the magazine release. Tried all angles and the mags go in nice and smooth!

Timeline:
6-23 Dropped package off at Fedex
6-24 Package delivered to Glock
6-29 Repaired package left the Glock facility
7-1 Delivered to me
Glad it worked out for you.

· Registered
2,626 Posts
I had made the adjustment on my release and it worked fine in an IDPA match, but I read on a forum (this one?) that if you contacted Glock they would send out a new one PLUS a couple magazines for my effort. Got the mag catch/release yesterday by FedEx but NO magazines. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

Bottom line: I think this is ONE slick little gun and it has already become my EDC.

On another note, typing in these responses takes me a long time because there is some lag time between when my fingers depress the keys and when the letters appear. Anyone else have that problem with the new website?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.