Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried almost all the Glock 43 magazine extensions and will be happy to share the results when I test just a couple more. I'd love to hear your experiences too... which are best & worst?

Maybe the most important question is 'Will we ever see an aftermarket magazine greater than 6 rounds?' Does anyone know of a company that makes extended mags for other models of Glocks or other manufacturers? I've got to believe there's a HUGE demand based on the number of extensions.

· NRA Life Member
13,767 Posts
Tango Down Vickers extensions are tops in my book simply because they have a longer mag spring whereas the others I have used only have the stock 6 round spring. Now I have never had a problem with either. But I trust the longer spring more and confidence in your equipment is an important aspect when it comes to self defense.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,463 Posts
I've tried almost all the Glock 43 magazine extensions and will be happy to share the results when I test just a couple more. I'd love to hear your experiences too... which are best & worst?

Maybe the most important question is 'Will we ever see an aftermarket magazine greater than 6 rounds?' Does anyone know of a company that makes extended mags for other models of Glocks or other manufacturers? I've got to believe there's a HUGE demand based on the number of extensions.
The single stacks have their popularity and fit many. My situation with larger hands does not lead to a good fit with the single stacks. Pearce pg39 extensions on the 26/27/33 gives me just enough room and I undercut the trigger guard. Possibly your fit with the 43 may not be the best for you?

· Registered
7,031 Posts
In as much as we all want more, there's a threshhold after which concealment suffers from added capacity, which results in defeating the design, suitability, and purpose of its existance.

We're all very much aware of capacity limitations well before we've even held what we want in our hands, so, if you decide on X to be your concealed carry piece, yet you want the capacity of Y, then perhaps you should reevaluate your reasoning behind desiring choice X.

Unless you have the stature and build of a tomato stake and insist on wearing super tight fitting Under Armour apparel, the double stack sub compact series of Glocks IMHO would be a much better choice for concealment, offering only a slightly larger profile, and being chambered in the harder hitting calibers such as 40S&W, 45acp, .357sig, and 10mm.

I usually carry a G33 with +0 mag extensions & an extra mag on my person, and if can't get it done with (9+1)+9 = 19 rounds of .357sig out of that pocket rocket, I am in some serious, serious trouble.

· Registered
4,552 Posts
The OEM extension at least gives you a little more grip. I'd like a spare mag in maybe 8rd configuration.
Keep reading 'iffy' reports here on non-factory extensions, so I'll wait.
Moon

· Registered
264 Posts
I have had zero problems from the Taran Tactical +1 in either our G43 or G42 with 300+ rounds through each. Both are still in the ongoing vetting process but I have started carrying the G43 with the TT +1 with no worries.

· Registered
66 Posts
Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
The single stacks have their popularity and fit many. My situation with larger hands does not lead to a good fit with the single stacks. Pearce pg39 extensions on the 26/27/33 gives me just enough room and I undercut the trigger guard. Possibly your fit with the 43 may not be the best for you?
I got the Taran plus 3! Looks awesome ! They put it on with their extra power spring designed for it . Feels great . Have her loaded and letting the spring set good until I try it this weekend . My 10 shot 43!
I figure Tori Nonaka wins many championships with Tarans mag extensions they must work ! I tried Pierce plus 2 and sold them fast. Not with stock spring ! Lousy junk ! I'll
Post my shooting results soon. Happy Glocking

· Vox clamantis
235 Posts
In as much as we all want more, there's a threshhold after which concealment suffers from added capacity, which results in defeating the design, suitability, and purpose of its existance.
Some people buy smaller firearms because they are a better fit for smaller hands, not necessarily for concealment. If you have trouble getting a "proper" grip even on a no-backstrap Gen4 26 or 19, you might prefer the 43 as a range/house gun. In this case, it would be nice to have the option of an 8-10 round magazine for situations in which concealment is not an issue.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.