Glock 43 Mag Extensions & When will we see a larger mag?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MajorInstigator, Jan 12, 2017.

1. MajorInstigator

MajorInstigator

I've tried almost all the Glock 43 magazine extensions and will be happy to share the results when I test just a couple more. I'd love to hear your experiences too... which are best & worst?

Maybe the most important question is 'Will we ever see an aftermarket magazine greater than 6 rounds?' Does anyone know of a company that makes extended mags for other models of Glocks or other manufacturers? I've got to believe there's a HUGE demand based on the number of extensions.

2. smokey45

smokey45

The short grip of the 43 is the most attractive feature for me. It seems an extended mag negates the concealment advantage of the 43. I do like the little gun though.
    s45

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Tango Down Vickers extensions are tops in my book simply because they have a longer mag spring whereas the others I have used only have the stock 6 round spring. Now I have never had a problem with either. But I trust the longer spring more and confidence in your equipment is an important aspect when it comes to self defense.

4. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

The single stacks have their popularity and fit many. My situation with larger hands does not lead to a good fit with the single stacks. Pearce pg39 extensions on the 26/27/33 gives me just enough room and I undercut the trigger guard. Possibly your fit with the 43 may not be the best for you?

5. Qman2

Qman2

I have Taran Tactical +3 extensions from defensive depot.com Gives me a little finger room and comes with a replacement spring

vba, 3wide and Randylahey53 like this.
  6. GasHouseGlocker

GasHouseGlocker

Magguts replace the spring and follower to allow an additional round in the flush magazine. I them in both my G42 and G43 and they've worked for me.

I also have the Pearce +1 extension on one of my G43 magazines and it works as well.

GlockyQ, Aslan, kme and 1 other person like this.
  7. W??G

W??G

+1 on the vickers. I have two extended for shooting at the range, and I kept one short for carry.

MajorInstigator likes this.
  8. james_f

james_f

Supposedly ETS is dropping 6,8 and 12 rounders in the next 1-2 months.

9. DrewBone

DrewBone

In as much as we all want more, there's a threshhold after which concealment suffers from added capacity, which results in defeating the design, suitability, and purpose of its existance.

We're all very much aware of capacity limitations well before we've even held what we want in our hands, so, if you decide on X to be your concealed carry piece, yet you want the capacity of Y, then perhaps you should reevaluate your reasoning behind desiring choice X.

Unless you have the stature and build of a tomato stake and insist on wearing super tight fitting Under Armour apparel, the double stack sub compact series of Glocks IMHO would be a much better choice for concealment, offering only a slightly larger profile, and being chambered in the harder hitting calibers such as 40S&W, 45acp, .357sig, and 10mm.

I usually carry a G33 with +0 mag extensions & an extra mag on my person, and if can't get it done with (9+1)+9 = 19 rounds of .357sig out of that pocket rocket, I am in some serious, serious trouble.

10. nikolaz

nikolaz

I'm a huge fan of the Pearce +1 because they're cheap, reliable, and don't look stupid. IMO Glock should send out the G43 with a flush 6rd mag and a 7rd Pearce Grip mag. Or two flush 6rd mags.

GlockyQ, Aslan, geo46 and 2 others like this.
  11. tenntornado

tenntornado

I think Glock is foolish for not producing an 8 rd Mag for the G43.
    And I do not mean a 6 rd mag with a factory extension,I want a FML mag with a full length mag body and maybe a special floor plate similar to the G36 or a sleeve like the XDS.

powernoodle likes this.
  12. dpsk

dpsk

Pearce plus 1. I have one on each of my 4 magazines. They look like stock, and function flawlessly - for very little additional length.

GlockyQ and Aslan like this.
  13. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

The OEM extension at least gives you a little more grip. I'd like a spare mag in maybe 8rd configuration.
    Keep reading 'iffy' reports here on non-factory extensions, so I'll wait.
    Moon

14. 4Baldy

4Baldy

All 5 of my mags are Pearce plus 1 and I have no complaints at all. My hands are medium size and the M-43 fits perfect. I also have night sites and a Double Diamond Connector that pulls a honest 3.7lbs.

Aslan and nikolaz like this.
  15. surf n turf

surf n turf

I have had zero problems from the Taran Tactical +1 in either our G43 or G42 with 300+ rounds through each. Both are still in the ongoing vetting process but I have started carrying the G43 with the TT +1 with no worries.

16. wdg710

wdg710

I to have Pearce +1 extensions on all my G43 magazines (5). No problems at all!!! Very good grip fit also. Thinking of lowering trigger pull next ... 4lbs?

17. Jkstrglkstr

Jkstrglkstr

IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0688.JPG
    I got the Taran plus 3! Looks awesome ! They put it on with their extra power spring designed for it . Feels great . Have her loaded and letting the spring set good until I try it this weekend . My 10 shot 43!
    I figure Tori Nonaka wins many championships with Tarans mag extensions they must work ! I tried Pierce plus 2 and sold them fast. Not with stock spring ! Lousy junk ! I'll
    Post my shooting results soon. Happy Glocking

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  18. Brewtactical

Brewtactical

I have used TTI +1 and really liked it for carry.
    [​IMG]
    I currently have +1 on 2 mags from HYVE technologies and they are great, no problems, fit and finish is great as well

Jkstrglkstr likes this.
  19. rargos

rargos Vox clamantis

Some people buy smaller firearms because they are a better fit for smaller hands, not necessarily for concealment. If you have trouble getting a "proper" grip even on a no-backstrap Gen4 26 or 19, you might prefer the 43 as a range/house gun. In this case, it would be nice to have the option of an 8-10 round magazine for situations in which concealment is not an issue.

20. Jkstrglkstr

Jkstrglkstr

Man if Glock started making plus 1-2 and 3 factory mags ....a lot of aftermarket will be screaming lol
    I love everything about my 43 !! Have a 21-19-17 too

MajorInstigator likes this.