Glock 43 good to go?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LT642, Sep 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LT642

LT642

I am considering buying a G43 for off duty carry. Typically, I wait to buy whenever a new gun comes out, but I haven't heard too much bad press regarding the G43.
    Those of you who own them, any issues? Should I wait a bit or buy.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

2. rotorwind

rotorwind

No issues. Buy it

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015

3. HGxyz

HGxyz

I've had mine since mid July. I'm approaching 4000 rounds now. Not a single malfunction, shooting seven or eight different kinds of ammo. The gun handles very well and has less recoil than you have a right to expect from a 9mm this small - not just tolerable but very comfortable, I'd shoot a 1000 rounds a day if someone else was buying. As it is, I've blown through 500 more than once. Glock did a really good job on this. I think it will prove one of Glock's most reliable. I have the trigger break down to under six pounds without any after market parts - just polishing and shooting. Glock has had some "new release issues" several times in recent years, but the G43 - except for the very minor mag issue, since fixed - has been good right out of the box. You won't gain anything by waiting to buy.

GPutt33 and Truth&Balance like this.
  4. glockguerilla

glockguerilla

I'm headed back to the range today and shooting my new G43. 400 or so rounds so far and not one issue. My G43 is my new concealed carry piece and love it. Sold my M&P Shield ... I've gravitated to Glock platform over the years. Sometimes I carry G19 but G43 for now. A good fit for me in terms of weight, size and 'shootability.'

5. metal storm

metal storm

The only problem I had was with the magazines hanging up when inserting them. Called Glock and they said to return them for replacement, I did and have had no problems. Recently ordered two more mags, hope they are the new improved ones. No problems with the gun or mags. I also had the Glock 42 at the same time. Both are enjoyable to shoot and carry.

6. cheapshot

cheapshot

Mine's been good to go since the get go.

7. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

They really did their homework on the G43.

I have 3 mags for it, and will be adding the TRL-6 light/laser.

Would buy the Taran +1 bases for my 2 spare mags and maybe
    my carry mag, if I didn't have a G36 in the works.

That will be the last Glock purchase until a Gen 4 Glock 19 in Dec:)

I'd like to see a Gen 4 G36, or Gen 4 Glock 30S in 2016, but we will
    see. I'm sending them at letter next week.

Enjoy that G43 when you get it.

It would be my choice for a BUG if I was still in uniform or plainclothes.

I dress as an old retired guy these days:)

8. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

I love mine and have sold my only other gun, a G23, to finance a second G43, which I'm setting up to be as close to identical to the first one as possible. Both got rubberized Traction Grips and Ameriglo TFO front sights and a Ghost Edge connector. I have sent four of my early mags back to Glock and am expecting the '02' replacements today.

On Saturday I plan to shoot the IDPA Classifier in the new BUG division. Don't know if I can expect to make Expert like I did in the SSP division with a Gen 4 Model 26 (after being stuck as a Sharpshooter for five years), but I'll give it my best effort. At least there's a little more flex with the times in the BUG division.

9. IowaLefty

IowaLefty

We have had zero issues from the two my wife and I own. Unlike the 42 we had, I haven't experienced or heard of any growing pains. I would highly recommend it!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  10. G43WRX

G43WRX

I just took mine to the range today and fired 100 rounds of Winchester white box, 100 rounds of Federal range target practice, and 12 rounds of 124gr Federal HSTs. No malfunctions. My G43 is my first, and currently my only pistol. In total its got 562 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Its proving to be slightly tough to shoot as a first pistol, but overall I like it, and don't regret my purchase.

Paul53 likes this.
  11. bac1023

bac1023

Mine has been great. :cool:

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

I have had no problems with mine.

13. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Mine has been trouble free. The mag insertion issue didn't occur with mine. I have just finished installing Pearce +1 base plates on all of my mags a few minutes ago. Won't be able to get to the range until the Pope leaves town.

Looking forward to trying them out.

Paul53 likes this.
  14. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

No problems here. Buy with confidence.

15. Ati058

Ati058

The only "issue" I've encountered with my G43 since mid July is not having enough magazines. I bought two extra magazines with my initial gun purchase but, soon discovered that four magazines were not enough. My G43 feels like a soft shooter and my shot grouping is decent within twelve feet and closer from the target. I do tend to pull lower left when I get farther away from the target, and I'm still working on that recurring self causal issue. The trigger pull is comparable with my G19 gen4 with its NY1 spring and "-" connector.

16. stevedal12

stevedal12

I did the Ghost edge connector to get my trigger pull down to 5 lbs, stock was way too heavy. 3000+ rounds issue free, great gun.

17. Persnickety

Persnickety

I have put 400 rounds of 124 grain ammo through mine with no issues at all. I did put Trijicon HD sights on mine and like them much better than the Glock sights.

18. retrieverman

retrieverman Registered User

I now own two G43's, and with over 1200 rds through my primary and 250 through my back up, they have run flawlessly.

Buy with confidence.

19. Bradley T

Bradley T

No mag insertion issues at all, but I seldom practice rapid "combat" reloads. I like my 43 a lot. Only thing is my right thumb caused a couple of stoppages because it took a little while for me figure where to put it (actually ceasing the "combat Freddy" hold with thumbs all over the place, and just grabbing it naturally, fixed the problem.) Little pistol sure is fun to shoot.

20. zennashton

zennashton

Glock 43 on my person 7days a week. Great shooter highly recommend.