Glock Talk banner

Glock 43 First Fire Report

1588 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  cadillacguns
Got my Glock 43 yesterday (on my birthday no less). Cleaned it up and headed to my FIL's acreage for the first fire. First off, I will say, this gun had a test fire date of 5/7/2015 and the magazines were catching (known problem) which could be recreated 100% of the time when inserted at the known angle. And this just wasn't a catch, but a hard stop. Debated on calling Glock today to obtain the replacement magazine release, but decided to just file down the sharp edge on the magazine release ever so slightly (as indicated in other threads), which solved the problem.

Anyhow, on to the shooting. Put 100 rounds of WWB through it, 50 rounds of Remington UMC, and 5 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense. Had 2 fail-to-fire rounds from the WWB. Waited 30 seconds for each one, dropped the mag, ejected the cartridge and tried again. Still no bang from each one. I'm saying this was the ammo and not the gun since both rounds were from the same box.

Overall, the gun feels well in my hand. Just a slight bite on the trigger finger at first, until I got used to it. Definitely like the extended finger magazine versus the shorter flat base. It's a keeper. Shoots better than I do. I tend to pull my shots low and left, which I'm 100% positive is my inexperience and not the gun, since I consistently shoot that way.

I debated on getting the 42 or 43 (asked in a previous thread). I'm happy with the 43, and feel it was a good choice. Now just need to keep practicing!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Good to hear that so far except for the magazine issue you are pleased with your G43.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
Reports from G43 buyers/users continue to be encouraging. We took delivery on ours Saturday last, and hope to get out this weekend to test drive it.

As an aside, MARINE DIVISION TWO: the first photo in your post is a beautiful Glock, but in appearance unlike any G43 we have seen to date. Perhaps it is the ultra rare "G19 variation?" The second photo resembles our G43 all right enough.

We trudge on.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Happy birthday, and congrats on the new G43!

I finally acquired a bunch of extra mags for mine, so I'll be breaking it in a little more before I start carrying. It is a great little shooter, and I will be happy to shoot more than the 281 I did with just the two mags from the factory.

· Registered
493 Posts
Up to 237 rounds of a variety of ammo - no issues. I did file the edge off the bottom of the mag release - and thanks to whoever's post it was where I saw that fix. I had just been getting in the habit of pressing the mag release when inserting mags. I have a Colt 1911 on which I have to do that also. Anyway, my G43 shoots left with some ammo, right on with other loads. It's just a little off with the Gold Dots I'll be carrying in it - not enough to bother drifting the sights. Elevation is right on. I think Glock might have gotten it right the first time on this one.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Good gun on your day. Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.