Glock 43 Glock 43 ETS mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dr_fast, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

Anybody heard any negatives on the 7 or 9 or 12 round ETS mags for a Glock 43?

2. NorCalG

NorCalG S&W, SigSauer, H&K, Winchester, and Glock

I have a Taran Tactical 8 and 9 for my G43. The 8 has been flawless, the 9 however has hiccups with Federal HST 147 and Hornady Custom 124 plus P. It has been sent back to Taran but still same issues. I was advised to pick ammo around what gun likes but refuse to do so in this case so the Taran Tactical literally serves as a range magazine as it flawlessly feed FMJ.

3. March817

March817

I'm interested in the 7rd ETS mags.

4. -JCN-

-JCN-

It'll be nice when X-grips comes out with a sleeve.

5. tgoldie00

tgoldie00

I purchased a 7-rd ETS mag last evening with my new 43 and plan to test it out on Friday. Guys in the LGS (take with a grain of salt) all run them in their Glocks in the shop and seem to like them. For the fairly low price of admission I thought why not. Ill report back.

Personally I had no interest in the 9 or 12, just squeaking a total of 8 like my P938 but with an even shorter grip profile (I don’t mind the pinky thing too much) for max conceal-ability

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. KenB22

KenB22

I have 2 nine rounders. Early on, they choked on aluminum ammo. They always ran brass cased fine. It took 4-5 mags before they ran aluminum fine also. No issues with JHP.

7. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

I guess I forgot to say that I have three 9 round and four 12 round that all have worked for me just fine. I'm interested in trying seven rounds and seeing what you guys have to say about the reliability of the others from your perspective.

8. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

G43 ETS mags get mentioned a couple times in this thread:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/extended-capacity-for-g-43.1676170/

One poster mentioned using 2 seven rounders with success.

I bought one of each, 7, 9, & 12. The 9 and 12 round mags are running fine and I usually carry the 12 rnd in my front pocket as a back up.

WP_20170921_20_41_03_Pro.jpg

For me, the 7 rnd mag consistently failed to feed the first round. It worked fine if only loaded with 6. Recently, I've been working the spring a bit to see if it will loosen up, but I haven't had a chance to take it back out to the range. Needless to say I'm carrying a stock mag in the gun.

While I haven't tried one in the G43, I've had Great success using MagGuts in a Bodyguard .380 and might favor that option for squeezing in an extra round without adding to the gun's height.

porschedog likes this.
  9. Ftttu

Ftttu

I ranted and raved, when the G42 and G43 entered the market, that I wanted an extended magazine for both of them that were not extensions but longer magazines. It took a while, and there may be other companies manufacturing them, but it looks like the ETS 9 rounder is what I’ve been waiting for, at least fir my G43.

I decided I’m probably sticking with my sub-compact G43 as my primary daily carry and carry my G42 for lighter duty. Part of that decision is that compacts and full-size pistols don’t excite me or fulfill a need at this time.

I’m hoping there are positive responses here in this thread which will help me to decide to open my wallet sooner than later for the ETS or a similar product.

10. Reswob

Reswob

I bought a couple 7's and 9's when they first came out. The 7 rounders were hard to load, very hard to insert with a closed slide, and EXTREMELY hard to rack the slide with a full 7 round mag inserted. Had a few malfunctions at the range that I attribute to this. Frankly I don't think ETS did enough R&D on these, and either the mag bodies, springs, and/or followers, are not properly designed to hold the stated capacity of ammo. ETS suggested I leave the mags loaded for a while for the springs to settle, but after the issues I had I would never be able to trust the mags for carry. To their credit, ETS promptly issued me a full refund (including shipping). Seems like most people didn't have any problems, so maybe I just got a bad batch.

11. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I use them for my 19, 43 and 42... Flawless so far

12. 153

I have two for my 43 and they are great! No hangups or bobbles. I also have them for my G26 - same report.

13. kme

kme

I have the 7 and 9 round ETS G43 magazines. Have to stand on them to get the last round in (similar to the ETS G19 10 round magazine) and once I do they are difficult to rack. The 7 has 1/8" gap between the base plate the bottom of the grip. Not terrible but it looks like a poor fit. I think they are fine for the range when you are practicing speed reloading and you're dropping the magazines on the floor. I would not consider carrying the 42, 43, and 19 with ETS magazines.

I think MagGuts inserts are great. Have them for my 42 and 43. With thousands of rounds through my 42 and 43 OEM magazines with MagGuts inserts, I am totally convinced of the reliability of both MagGuts products.

Flyman98 likes this.
  14. Bradley T

Bradley T

I have a 12 rounder. It stopped once or twice, but that was the first time out. I think they are good stuff for shooting at the club. Price is low. Seem to work well. Not sure I'd carry the thing around with it poking way out there. Works well for practice. Kind of reminds me of the old Ramline products for .22 pistols back in the 90's.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  15. curtmini14

curtmini14

i have the 7 and 9 rd mags and they have been 100% i left them loaded for 2 days before using.

16. NuttyDuck

NuttyDuck

I have 3 12 rnd for my 43. Ran them thru 2 IDPA matches, no problem. I also have 3 17 rnd I’ve used for IDPA for about 2 years, no problem. However, the other day I was attempting to shoot up my TulAmmo Steel cased and the 17 rnders wouldn’t feed. They also would only load 16. I think that is due to polymer interior, as opposed to the steel sleeve in stock glock mags.

17. tgoldie00

tgoldie00

I took my new 43 for a test drive last evening and made the following observations regarding the 7rd ETS mag I purchased with the pistol.

I think this has been stated, but I will restate it. 7 rounds is TIGHT, especially with a universal reloader. No issue really, just an observation.

The only concern I have is that the mag detached twice after the first round was shot, both ending up in no second round being chambered. This is most certainly user error as far as I can tell, but I would only emphasize how critical it is that one makes 100% sure the magazine is seated properly, and then double check. It sits so flush with the grip it is very easy to miss this.

I did not preload the magazine to work the spring, so I now have it loaded up for the next couple of days letting it break in a bit. I will shoot again likely tomorrow and if anything new develops Ill report back.

overall I am satisfied and enjoy the increased capacity to get it in-line with my P938. I think the mags are good, they just require the same level of attention to detail and vigilance that any person should take when working with a pistol our lives may depend on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. TDCGlock

TDCGlock

I
    have tried two both were not reliable, not for me

19. SASI

SASI

I have 3ea of FAB Defense 43-10; 2 work fine, 1 have force the slide to rack, then all is fine. One of mags, not sure which, really only takes 9 rounds. At least 50 rds have been fired from each mag

20. Stripes

Stripes

Strike Industries plus 2 enhanced extension plus two rounds. I have six magazines and they all work flawlessly and no need for a new spring.