Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put this video together to help those with the Glock 43. There are some small differences, as most of you may know, and I point those out.

I know there are already a few other Glock 43 detail strip videos; I'm a training developer and tech writer (who also does voice work for lots of training at Fortune 100 companies; you might recognize my voice!) and I wanted to combine my profession with my passion. This is in no way indicative of the work I put weeks or months into, but I think it gets the job done. I did it all in one take, so it's not nearly as polished as the stuff the pays the bills.

I'm still new to some of the names of the parts; I'll probably re-do this at some point (with more time, editing, graphics, etc), but for now, I think it's okay. The steps are correct, and the info is correct even if I botch some of the part names. lol

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
On your g43 video the only thing I had a problem with is you pointing the muzzle at your chest while removing the slide. Yes, you cleared the gun; but, there are others who might watch the video and not be as diligent. We should always default to the lowest common denominator when instructing about potentially dangerous activities. Someone could try to remove the slide the way you did and when it didn't work he/she might realise that they forgot to pull the trigger and do so while the muzzle was facing them. Only thing is they thought they cleared the gun and failed to do a proper job. The result would be tragic. I have seen too many people do too many stupid and unsafe things with guns to not realise that this is a real possibility.

·
Just sayin'
4,643 Posts
^^^I agree with the above post^^^
Never point the muzzle of a gun (either loaded or unloaded) to anything or anyone including yourself!!! Remember Rule #2 of gun safety:

NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Good job. Looking forward to the revised video with less blurry close ups and correct part identification.

·
Custom fitted
310 Posts
A detail strip of a Glock should not last 14 minutes.
So just because you or I can detail strip a glock in two minutes doesn't mean that everyone is proficient at the same task. How long did it take you to learn how to detail strip a glock? I'll wager it was longer than 14 minutes. As far as I can see this is a decent instructional video. OP..... Nice job!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great feedback! I plan on revising this video and making a new version. I'm better with the names of the parts, and yes, I got complacent and allowed the muzzle to point at me which is a big no-no!

As for why it took 14 minutes: I explained things in the video and re-did certain steps for emphasis. This isn't a speed drill. When I was in USMC Boot Camp, we had a one hour class on field stripping the M16A2. Why? Because we were taught the names of the parts, the proper assembly order, common mistakes and issues, and how to diagnose problems with the parts. Does it take a Marine an hour to field strip an M16? Of course not. But instruction is not the same as a mere demonstration.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I am looking forward to making version 2 of the video soon!

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
So just because you or I can detail strip a glock in two minutes doesn't mean that everyone is proficient at the same task. How long did it take you to learn how to detail strip a glock? I'll wager it was longer than 14 minutes. As far as I can see this is a decent instructional video. OP..... Nice job!
The first one may have taken 2 minutes but I have done hundreds since then.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice video. I agree with Okie, shhh, don't tell anyone since I'm from Texas. :supergrin: For removal of the slide, I'd like to offer another way. Hold the pistol in either hand like in the picture below.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice video. If video length becomes an issue for some people that is what ff is for. You learned something from the muzzle comments and that matters sooo..... Keep em' coming.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts