Glock Talk banner

Glock 43 delivered by October. Wow!

4635 Views 53 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  retrieverman
I sent in the paper work and a check to purchase a Glock 43 through the LE purchase program. I mailed the paperwork on May 29th, 2015. Glock confirmed delivery of the paperwork on June 2, 2015. I was informed today, July 7, 2015, that my order has a PDD of October 2, 2015 and will ship around that date.

I am in no big hurry to get the gun, but wow the demand for the G43 must be through the roof.
Reactions: alukban
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
5,796 Posts
The Blue Label pricing is attractive. For me, I decided that waiting three months, in summer, wasn't worth it. I picked up a 43 for $470 OTD from my LGS. No wait. The summers here are quite hot and I wanted a slimmer and lighter gun for cargo shorts/IWB carry. By Oct, I will start rotating the 27 and 19 back into the mix. If Glock had released the 43 in winter, I may have just waited.

I don't regret the $100. The G43 has really impressed me. It's a pleasure to carry in July.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,024 Posts
I sent in the paper work and a check to purchase a Glock 43 through the LE purchase program. I mailed the paperwork on May 29th, 2015. Glock confirmed delivery of the paperwork on June 2, 2015. I was informed today, July 7, 2015, that my order has a PDD of October 2, 2015 and will ship around that date.

I am in no big hurry to get the gun, but wow the demand for the G43 must be through the roof.
Production scheduling is influenced by Planning and not reacting. Its not profitable to have machines and laborers standing round waiting for distributors orders. To get your price you will wait, and since its not an issue no foul. I see on other topics people have been waiting since december for a Gen4 17 . People are still buying Glocks and models have to be scheduled due to demand and machine time.

The issue is not that its a 43, but a Glock, and they want their price.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
I completely disagree. The folks willing to pay for a gun should have it first, and in my opinion, LE pricing on a gun like the 43 is pretty much a joke. If it was a "duty" weapon, OK, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to carry a 43 as a primary.
I wonder how many officers have had their bacon saved by their backup gun over the years.

· Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I said I am in no hurry to get the gun. I have seen them for $500 in gun stores and I passed. I want to let GT know what the production wait is for the long awaited single stack Glock.

Still better than trying to find certain KelTec models.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Yet the 43 is readily available now at gun stores, online, at gun shows. Sorry you have to wait so long. Seems like they should fill these blue label/LE orders first.

I agree.

As I said I am in no hurry to get the gun. I have seen them for $500 in gun stores and I passed. I want to let GT know what the production wait is for the long awaited single stack Glock.

Still better than trying to find certain KelTec models.
Cool.

Hopefully it'll arrive sooner.

· Registered
7,131 Posts

Supply not being able to keep up with demand is over for the G43 in general. If it were a red label rather than a blue label, you could find it in stock at many stores.

· Registered
102 Posts
I've been waiting for a BL G43 since early April. I've been told that Glock can't keep up with the demand, I don't really know.
I want the G43 not need one so I can wait to buy at the BL price.
I'm sure the call will come eventually.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.