Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently started putting together the upper for a G43 build. I know your supposed to hear a click once the slide plate has locked in place but mine has not made that sound once it is pushed into place. There is also a visible gap between the slide plate and top of the slide. Has anyone had any similar troubles getting it into place or know what's going on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
My guess is a broken back plate. I removed/reattached mine and it didn't "click" back in the second time either. It never stayed in after that. I bought a new aftermarket one, it "clicked in", and I haven't had any issues with it since.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
That's not pushed in place. Make sure there is nothing jamming the grooves, apply a little oil if need be, then depress the spacer like you did to remove it and then push the plate on with a little bit of force by thumb.

Click will come when the spacer seats in the relief on the back of the plate.

As someone also said, the EDP might be installed backwards so make sure the bearing/spring side is facing out to where the plastic bearing is touching the plate cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.