GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my Glock 43/43X his and hers project. The entire concept started with the purchase of a bone stock Glock 43X.

If anybody is interested to see a build parts list/range report, sound off.

20200909_092907.jpg

For starters, can you guess which one is "His"?

:cheers:

-Al

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 43X on order through my local shop and am getting ready to build a 80% 43.
That's awesome. It was my original plan to do the same, but I found a complete 43 lower for a steal online, had to grab it. No 10 day waiting period (Washington State) due to the frame transfer as "other".

Big Tex Outdoors was the source for the 43 frame (with internals).

·
Registered
502 Posts
My SS80 frame and jig will arrive today and the lower parts kit in the next few days. Just trying to decide on what slide to get to complete it.

I'm really hoping that my local shop gets the 43X in soon.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
My SS80 frame and jig will arrive today and the lower parts kit in the next few days. Just trying to decide on what slide to get to complete it.

I'm really hoping that my local shop gets the 43X in soon.
Plenty of options with G43, G43X, G48, or an aftermarket upper.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Plenty of options with G43, G43X, G48, or an aftermarket upper.
The biggest decision for me right now is whether to get a stripped slide and try to find all the parts at a decent price or to buy a complete slide ready to go. I don't need a MOS or RMR cut slide since I don't plan on using optics. Yes the thought of a 48 slide has crossed my mind no matter if I use it on a 43X or the SS80 frame.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
The biggest decision for me right now is whether to get a stripped slide and try to find all the parts at a decent price or to buy a complete slide ready to go. I don't need a MOS or RMR cut slide since I don't plan on using optics. Yes the thought of a 48 slide has crossed my mind no matter if I use it on a 43X or the SS80 frame.
Are you a member at Marine Gun Builder forum? If not, check them out because they usually have links for flash sales and different online deals for builds. Plus, they know their stuff on P80 and SS80 builds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The stripped slide will probably provide the most options for you.

When I was building my wife's 43 from leftover/spare parts, I had to purchase spare slide components. Bought everything OEM on Ebay (of all places), but no **** they have some of the best prices and free/fast shipping. Haven't been burned yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been keeping an eye on eBay but it seems like people are price gouging right now.

UPDATE: I found a complete OEM slide and lower parts kit at Big Tex Outdoors. Everything will be OEM except the frame.

Now for my local shop to get the 43X in.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,580 Posts
I really like the G43X-G43 hybrid. If I can get a G43X slide, I will get a G43 frame to build one just like that. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts