Glock 42 or Springfield XD 40

• Glock 42

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Springfield XD 40

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Giant Member
7,457 Posts
I hope you don't take it personally, but the question as posed can only be taken as trolling. They are at least two classes apart. Next time you buy a car, do you want Honda Fit or Ford F-150?
This. OP, if you were asking LCP vs. G42 or G23 vs. XD .40, those are a lot more comparable to each other.

That said, buy a gun that you will actually carry and can shoot. For me personally, my main carry guns are all nothing heavier than about 23 oz. loaded and can be pocket carried.

· Registered
3,566 Posts
Is this for a carry gun? How will you carry? IWB, OWB, pocket? Will it be for HD as well? When you say your first handgun, do you mean you are brand new to guns overall? If you can answer a few questions, I'm sure you will get a lot of excellent suggestions here.

· Registered
132 Posts
I don't think either gun is a good "first time" purchase. I typically recommend a full-size or "compact" 9mm. Sig 226/229, HK VP9, Walther PPQ, CZ 75b, Glock 17/19, M&P, I think you get the idea. After you get accustomed to shooting then look into a more CCW friendly option(not that a lot of the guns I mentioned aren't capable of that role).

· Build the Wall
10,464 Posts
I am looking to buy my first handgun and have looked alot on google and seen alot of good and bad things in both guns. As a first handgun which would be better a Glock 42 or Springfield XD 40? I will be getting my CCP soon.
Nothing beats a Glock!

My wife put a G42 on layaway today and can't wait to pick it up next month! I held it and played with it and now I want another Glock!!!! But I want the G43 in 9mm.

It's a Glock. You can't go wrong!

TGG

· Banned
42,095 Posts
Nothing beats a Glock!

My wife put a G42 on layaway today and can't wait to pick it up next month! I held it and played with it and now I want another Glock!!!! But I want the G43 in 9mm.

It's a Glock. You can't go wrong!

TGG
All sorts of things beat glocks in all sorts of ways.

· Build the Wall
10,464 Posts
All sorts of things beat glocks in all sorts of ways.
I knew you would be chiming in on my reply because you always have something to say. LOL

No matter how ridiculous it is.....you're entitled to YOUR opinion.

TGG

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.