Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a serial number but this number is on the box. ADXS278
Newish stock? Supposed came with the '03' mags.

I almost got burnt buying a new Kahr P380 that it was built in 2014. Unlike the newer P 380's, that early build had issues so I sent it back before firing..

Reactions: Sechott and TBong

·
M62/76
12,545 Posts
ADXS should be 2014-15.

Reactions: Rocks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An "ADXS" G42 will have been built in late 2019 or early 2020, so no worries.

Congrats on one of the best pistols Glock has ever built.

ps - every G42 thread needs an obligatory G42 pic. :cheers:

Thanks so much!
I hate being burned but was able to get out of that Kahr P380. I do love it's size.

The 42 is my first Glock and probably won't be my last.. I also have a Kahr MK9 Elite, Sig P365 and an LCPII the wife carries.

A pic will be posted when it's delivered!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pic of the box label that's being shipped.

Reactions: TBong and HEXE9

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on the new 42!..But even if it was an older model, isn't Glock still retrofitting them with the updates if you send them in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
938 Posts
Excellent pistol for pocket carry, if you roll that way. Carried mine for well over a year in an Alabama pocket holster. The light makes it much more usable for 24 hr defense and also "squares" the outline when in a pocket as far as printing in the pocket goes. Looks more like a smart phone than a pistol in your pocket.
IMG_0760.JPG
G42 w TLR-6.jpg

·
G43 Fanboy
1,980 Posts
Congrats on your G42.
It’s an extremely concealable and shootable handgun that you can trust for your self-defense needs especially with the right ammo. You’ll like it. I really like mine.
4B6DD18C-DC00-491F-9120-27A0C561EE1F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Rocks, these little things will grow on you so be prepared to have to buy another later this year or next! This is my second G42 and I've added a couple of items since I picked it up. This one is AAPN (IIRC) so it prolly dates back to 2013-ish. Haven't had a chance to fire it due to CV19 restrictions here. I keep hoping and wondering if Glock is considering or working on a G42X with a higher-cap magazine.

·
Infidel :)
3,811 Posts
At one point in time I was pocket carying a S&W J frame Centennial Airweight in .38 Spec. Only held 5 rounds, slow to reload, bulky in the pocket, hard to shoot (required a LOT of practice to learn to shoot well).

Finally reasoned a G42 held one more round + one in the chamber, was SUPER simple to reload QUICKLY, and shot like a DREAM with a set of real sights.

Needless to say my EDC is now and has been a G42 in an Alabama Holster. With two spare mags, I can carry MORE ammo on me comfortably and easily, reloads are super simple compared to revolver speed loaders, it's even easier to carry comfortably (no revolver cylinder bulk, it carries flat), and it's a piece of cake to shoot at the same short distances you'd realistically shoot a .38 snubbie.

DSCF0759.JPG
20190406_081257.jpg
20190407_050543.jpg
20190407_103751.jpg

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have a first run G42. Never been back to Glock always been 100% reliable. The G42 is a pleasure to shoot at the range. The only reason I don't carry it today is because the Sig P365 took its place. If the G42 had the Sig P365's capacity I would still be carrying the G42

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love my 42 so much I bought a second one. So light and easy to carry I can carry one in my weak hand pocket as a New York reload! My favored pocket rig is the DeSantis N38

1 - 20 of 32 Posts