Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
I use an Uncle Mike's size 4 pocket holster for everything from a Glock 43 to a S&W 442. Costs $10 at Walmart, lasts 3x years, and then you throw it away. Thin in the pocket, covers the trigger and does what its supposed to do. I recommend staying away from thick pocket holsters and spendy ones. There is really no reason to spend big bucks on one unless you just happen to have too much money. The Alabama pocket holster (kydex) also works, but its spendier and less comfy (IMO).

There are tons of other good choices.

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Open-Top-Inside-Pocket/dp/B000VOOPGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491077847&sr=8-1&keywords=uncle+mikes+size+4+pocket+holster&th=1&psc=1

·
NRA Life Member
5,447 Posts
I have a couple of Andrews Leather pocket holsters.
They are curved on the outside to hide the contours. They come in right and left handed versions.
The beat everything else I've seenever and I carry one of them every day.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I use either a MIC trigger guard holster with my belt through the lanyard, or I use Boraii (similar to the mic with some antiprint fill. Both as thin as it gets which is important to me when wearing my Levi's (not the most generous pockets).

·
Glockalfeliac
1,125 Posts
I just ordered a Galco pocket Pro for my dad to use with his G43. It seems well made and doesn't cost a fortune. He tends to remove the gun from his pocket when driving, the pocket pro looked like it covered more of the slide.

I have been using a locally made nylon pocket holster for a few years now. It has an outer panel to break up the outline of my P380 in my front pocket. I am about due for a replacement and the company has gone under. I am shopping for leather or kydex this time, something with a full outer panel that will conceal the outline.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
No experience with their pocket holsters, but I've been carrying my Glock 43 in a Vedder IWB holster for a while. The do quality work and I got mine in just a few days. I'm looking to replace the pocket holster for my Bodyguard and they're at the top of my list so far.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a couple of Andrews Leather pocket holsters.
They are curved on the outside to hide the contours. They come in right and left handed versions.
The beat everything else I've seenever and I carry one of them every day.
I have had several pocket holsters for a few guns and the Andrews Leather is the only one that has never come out of the pocket while drawing. It's about $55, but well worth it. It keeps the gun in the right position and is comfortable.
Full disclosure, I did have trouble getting mine. Supposed to have been a month, ended up being 3 months with several emails in between.
A hassle, but I would do it again. It's an awesome pocket holster.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,996 Posts
For me, the bad thing about pocket holsters is you cannot make a draw while sitting in the car so when I get in the car, I have to take the pistol and holster out and place it in the door pocket.

I'm still trying to find a compromise. Until then, I'm wearing cargo pants more because I can use the leg pocket and draw while in the car. But then it's more conspicuous when drawing while standing.

I've tried the IWB, but most have clips that tear up my seats when I slide into the car when the holster is over the back hip.

·
Banned
21,402 Posts
For me, the bad thing about pocket holsters is you cannot make a draw while sitting in the car so when I get in the car, I have to take the pistol and holster out and place it in the door pocket.
That's what the gun in my center console is for, it never leaves the car.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.