close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured GLOCK 42, 43; IWB CARRY IN BELTLESS TROUSERS?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SASI, May 29, 2017.

1. SASI

SASI

Currently I carry both 42 and 43 in kydex IWB wearing suspenders and has worked, anybody have any experience with this type of carry?

I also am testing belly band carry, have one cheap band that works, but do not like the fabric holster and it's not a really good fit for the GLOCKs.

Just ordered a Crossbreed belly band with adjustable kydex holster and also a Ramora tuckable holsters (Memorial day sales was basic reason for both). May be a bit costly, but I see a weekly use for a tuckable and general use for the Crossbreed.

rick7938 likes this.
  2. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Not what you are asking about, but I carry my G42 in my pocket using a MIC. Even in my Levi 501's (short pockets), it carries fine. It has been a while since I used suspenders, but it worked great when I did.

halfmoonclip and dudel like this.

3. Pborgia

Pborgia

I carry my 43 this way, in a Qseries holster with no belt. Only use my belt for larger Guns and if the pants aren't snug enough

4. SASI

SASI

5. Jump Boot

Jump Boot

Well, before my back surgery when my back was really bothering me.I bought one of those suspenders that just clip onto the belt and carried either my g43 or Shield 9 in an OWB holster and it took all the weight off my back.Believe me,with a bad back,even a g43 can feel like a g21.But the belt/suspenders combo made a huge difference.What's also nice about the use of suspenders,I was able to ditch my thick ,heavy conceal carry belt and go back to my western belt with my Team Roping buckle.That certainly doesn't broadcast Conceal Carry.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. SASI

SASI

To me suspenders are more comfortable, except under a T-**** for potty runs. Reason for suggestions by others. Guess "Jumpboot" means tours were airborne: Did Dom Rep with 82nd, and VN with 101st

Jump Boot likes this.
  7. greg vanstralen

greg vanstralen

I've been carrying my G43 (I usually carry a G27 but use the G43 for short trips) in my jeans pocket. However, we did a garage sale this weekend and I put LOTS of holsters out. While I was doing that, I found one I had bought my wife for her G43. A simple Uncle Mikes, "envelope" with a sweat guard and a plastic belt clip. Stayed comfortable all day in 90 degree weather. Re-holstered well while on the jeans. Made for a belt but did nicely on just the hem of my Wranglers, under the belt. Model 8900, I think!

8. SASI

SASI

9. glockhokk

glockhokk

What is an MIC please? Can you provide a picture? Do you pocket carry with a round in the chamber? thanks....

10. dudel

dudel

May not apply, but i have no problem carrying a G43 in my pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. Belted, non belted or tied shorts.

WeeWilly likes this.
  11. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

A MIC is a Kydex gadget that slips over the trigger guard and has a lanyard I slip my belt through so it gets pulled off as you draw out of the pocket. Yes I carry one in the chamber.

12. Jump Boot

Jump Boot

Yes my friend.Welcome home.

13. SASI

SASI

Jumpboot - and back to ya!!!

Velvetsmooth likes this.
  14. Roguebama

Roguebama

I
    I've used Crossbreed since the day they went in to business. I even have one of their prototypes that they brought into the gun shop that I worked at and gave to us to try out hoping that we would carry their products. You cannot go wrong with their products, they are top notch and last forever. Their customer service is second to none as well.
    I have really beat the crap out of their IWB holsters working on the farm and I couldn't be more satisfied. I think you made a great choice.

15. SASI

SASI

16. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

The relatively light weight of the 42 & 3 is no small part of what makes them easy to carry.
    Willy, had a trigger cover with a Sig 9 some years ago; liked it, but feel the kydex pocket holsters (I like Alabama best) hide the gun's shape better.
    My humble opinion,
    Moon

17. Kennydale

Kennydale

18. SASI

SASI

Have this for my XDS, it is comfortable, but never felt "just right". Think it may have been the weight of the XDS and not the holster, but now I've gone to the 42/43 for EDC it's too big. Also " I think I want a kydex", feel more comfortable with the hard shell, again, just my mind set. Think most of my concerns are only "between the ears"

Thanks for all the input.

19. troysglock

troysglock Member

Dark star gear AIWB clip has a claw that allows you not have to use a belt. It catches and grabs the clothing firmly and allows proper drawing while the holster remains in place. Have tested this holster while rolling and wrestling with my unloaded G26 in it, and it is awesome....

20. SASI

SASI

Troysglock; like the avatar; translation, please?